It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9, EE]There is Really Nothing Else I'd Rather Do...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:36 am 
"It's a shame to admit, I know", he said and ordered one for himself. "I've been working hard not to, but I seem to have this weird, sinking feeling you'd prefer to be treated with at least a little respect." he smirked. "Though if things pan out in the end, I'll make you pay for that somehow."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:12 pm 
Ishiyo chuckles at that, "Oh? If things work out." She takes a sip of her new drink. "And what sort of payment are you hoping to extract?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:53 pm 
"Well, we're at the bar and you have a drink in your hand", he shrugged, some things just can't be helped. "Though I do have two answers, both are honest, but the one I'd like to give is... one day, I want to see your eyes when you're watching someone you really love, even if it's not me. I think you'd look beautiful."

He knew she'd have cute kids, even if he didn't have a hand in it, or if he did, even if she never really fell for him.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:58 pm 
Ishiyo blushed at that, "You always say some of the strangest things." She takes a sip of her drink, "And I..." Her blush deepens as realization hits here, "...my own parents were not the best role models foh child rearing."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:18 am 
"Aren't you doing better just by admitting that?" He asked. "I feel more child reared already." He sipped and smiled. "And sometimes in order to say what you want someone else to understand, you have to be little strange. I don't think there's anything wrong with that."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:02 am 
Ishiyo rolls her eyes, "The thought of having to raise you gives me actual white haih." Another sip, "Well if one has to be a little strange...you have that covered many times oveh."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:08 am 
"Ah but just consider a little me-you that a lady like yourself could mold into a proper samurai", he countered. "They'd be smart, adorable, strong and have great poise", he saluted her with his glass. "And then think of what they might inherit from you?"

Wink.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 am 
Another eye roll, "I am not sure I wish foh a smalleh me that has all you-eh talents at infuriation." Ishiyo took another sip of her drink, "They would be all terroh in a concealed package."

"Also I have doubts you would stop at one."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:12 am 
"It's a pleasant doubt to have", he said and saluted her with his drink again. "And you'd hardly be the only one they'd terrorize. We'd be in it together, at least."

he sighed and grabbed s smoke from his pocket.

"It's all a nice thought, and I enjoy the talk but...well...", he lit it. "There's a lot to do before that, I suppose. And who knows, maybe our nakodo will decide we each have better matches. That'd be a shame."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:28 am 
Ishiyo shrugged at that, "It is what it is...one makes theih feelings known, the nakodo nods...and does what they think best regardless." Her smile turns more weary. "Oh so it seems at any rate."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:48 am 
Yes, nakodo do their thing. Shokomaru had a fleeting thought of feeding Katsuo to a paddy gator back home.

"Sure sure, but now we've totally killed this conversation with a bummer, which I apologize for, actually", he bowed, a bit mockingly...kinda, but he did mean it. "As to the rest, I'm just here feeding Daidoji-san drinks in the hope she'll have a good memory of this."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:36 pm 
"No need for drinks to make me remember this night." Ishiyo chuckled and took another sip. "With you though I always suspect otheh motives, though I feel they are mostly harmless. The cunning Spideh weaving his webs for fun."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 pm 
"Oof...", he squinted and looked away, as if struck, hand on his chest. "Right in my sincerity..."

He let the moment draw on a little longer than leaned against the bar again. "But you know...that's not it at all", he said. "I don't weave webs, honestly I'm a terrible Spider. What I do, well...why I'm here with you, it's because I like you. Though I do enjoy how you're always guessing at me, makes me feel a bit mysterious, i guess?" He smiled at her. "I'd do a lot of terribly amazing things to you if you'd let me, but I'd like to marry you first."

Then he got his drink and took a sip.

"Not sure we've ever really had that understanding."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 pm 
"I imagine you would," Ishiyo smirked but her expression softened after a moment, "I am surprised at you-eh restraint and apparent respect foh myself. I told you once that I worried people would see only my money. Then I worried that you saw only a pretty face. Now I do not think so, as foh marriage that remains to be seen no?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:44 pm 
He watched her as she spoke, lips spitting into a proper smile and he nodded, he seemed pleased. "I'm glad, really."

He even reached across the space between them and took her hand, like at the hotel. Now there was no concern for her well-being to hide what his expression held, though.

"And I look forward to the possibility of finding out." He gave her hand a squeeze and if she didn't seem too keen to keep it there, he'd let go.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:39 am 
Ishiyo did not withdraw her hand, smiling sadly, "It would be an adjustment foh me. Were it to become a Spideh. I would feel betteh knowing I had someone who truly cared when I had to make the transition. I had not even given thought to the idea I may no longeh be in blue."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:15 am 
He pulled her close by the hand.

"If you think I don't realize how tough this could be, remember I grew up in it, and here I am." And he held that hand a little tighter, looking into her eyes. "And I don't plan on being anywhere else."

Description

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:02 am 
Ishiyo looked away, "Yes...my apologies such doubts are unbecoming. It is just the whole unexpected life change, not just what would happen if I left the Crane but being married in general."

"A lot of change I had neveh seriously considered will happen tomorrow. Even if the effects will not be immediate."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:18 am 
Shokomaru let her hand go and turned away, then stared at the alcohol on the shelves. "That's all I can think about, what will change and for who. How much will I have to give and take, will I be able to find happy compromises or am I doomed to be resented just for picking someone?"

He scratched the back of his head, looking down.

"I don't mean to be turning the vulnerability on here, but...I was trying to give you confidence and I feel like it's backfiring." He chuckled softly and drank. Though he did give her a glance, he couldn't help but do that.

Description

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 am 
"I suppose we both have nothing to do but wait and see what the next few days brings." Ishiyo shrugs, taking another sip. "I wish I could provide me comfort in that regard...but all I can do is say: I understand you-eh feelings. Who knew marriage negotiations would be this stressful?"

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next