It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Somewhere in the Between. (Day 11 Late Evening.)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:51 pm 
Somethings should be left unspoken and even more so unthought. Which is what Hayato was trying to do as he waited for the this evenings date to arrive. It just seemed a bit better that way, the moment was what was important after all.

The young Mantis was dressed well, a white collared shirt under a dove grey vest, adorned with silver buttons. Black blacks that were freshly pressed and a pair of black shoes that were stylish but comfortable enough for dancing. He'd cut his hair sometime earlier in the day, and had taken the time to style it, a rare sight indeed. His only piece of jewelry was a silver watch with an ultramarine face, which added just a touch of color to the ensemble.

He'd acquired a table and was at the moment nursing a glass of water. Apparently not wanting to start in on the alcohol quite yet.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: Somewhere in the Between. (Day 11 Late Evening.)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 pm 
Ishiyo arrived after a brief stop to deposit her previously acquired pile of toys. She had also changed out of her kimono it another evening dress. But her hair had remained loose.

"Hayato-san," Ishiyo dipped in a small bow of greeting, her face was already red as she remembered their last meeting. "I...think I will have to keep the drinking under control this time."

She took a seat, not quite opposite from the Mantis but not nearly as close as the bar had been. "Enjoyed the festival?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:01 am 
He rose to return the bow, rather then try to attempt something from his seat. "Understandable." He replied gesturing to his glass of water. "Even if my shoulder will be a but lonely." The Mantis added his tone a bit teasing.

"It was nice, though I think I spent a bit too much on the games." It was a holiday though and forgivable. "I hope you enjoyed it yourself? Well, as much as you could." It had to be a bitter sweet day for the Crane.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:29 pm 
Ishiyo blushed and mention of the games only deepened it, "Well I suppose it will have to be foh tonight. I do not have the same head start as last time." She rubs her check a second, "Yes...well spending a lot on games happens some times. When you do not expect it especially."

Her blush faded as she calmed, "Mmm the games were fun of course, the poems...perhaps more sombeh then anything. But also...well it was in many ways a release of some emotion and I think that was foh the best."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:42 pm 
"It sounds like I'm not the only one that spent alot." Hayato replied with a soft chuckle, picking up his glass of water and taking a sip. "I suppose I should mention I've had a bit of a head start today, then ask if I could get you something?"

He nodded at her next words. "Sometimes the best we can do is wish for others to be happy. Letting go of any lingering attachments helps us move forward." He smirked slightly. "Niw I probably sound like I'm trying to sell you on the idea."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 am 
"No, it is what it is. Memories will remain but that should be just pleasant times to relive, not a burden to hold one from moving forward." Her smile warms a little, "And one can hope that the otheh person will feel the same."

Ishiyo looks to the glass, "I see, though you are holding up betteh then I did."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:56 am 
"I took a bit of a break." Hayato admitted, with a wry smile. He was happy of course to hear the woman had put these things behind her. But he was a little lost on what else to say on the matter. As she said the memories would always be there.

"I didn't it wise to be too deep in my cups with all the families and kids around." He smirked. "I may just be good and tipsy before the day is through though."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:57 pm 
"Showing a responsible side? Or were you worried I would have to help you home this time?" Ishiyo chuckled and ordered her own drink. "But yes moderation would be good tonight."

"Tomorrow it is over and everything changes. Though how that change comes about is still in the open...even this late in the miai."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:20 am 
"I think I'd enjoy you showing me home." Hayato replied his tone a little teasing. "But no, I need to be on my guard tonight, it's nearly the end of the miai and our truce has yet to be broken." Kissing didn't count did it?

He became a bit more serious. "You're right though, things still have time to change." He offered Ishiyo a soft smile. "Currently my intentions are the same, your words have also helped alleviate most of my hesitations. So if you still agree...." The mNtis let the rest of what he wished to say hanging. Waiting for the woman's word to fill them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:49 am 
"I do," Ishiyo smiled, "Though I believe there are others being considered by my nakodo as well." She sighs, "This...whole thing is a lot more stressful then I eveh expected."

She took a sip from her drink, "I am not sure yet if this nights events changes anything." A frown forms on her features.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:24 am 
"I thought as much, your father likely won't be pleased with any match if I recall." His lips curled into a small smile. "Honestly I don't even know if I qualify."

"Though it sounds like you have some things besides our chat here in your mind." He watched her for a few moments. "Is it something you would like to chat about?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:54 pm 
"It seems a growing likelihood I will be in black." Ishiyo sighs softly, "If I might...confide I am not sure how well I would be as a Spider. But I have impressed a few of them enough to make such happen. Leaving the Crane was not something I anticipated when I came here."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:32 pm 
"I'm sorry to hear." He replied softly, he was too. He knew it was something she never wanted, and he wished there was something more that could be done to prevent it.

Still it seemed like there was another thing he could hate the spider for. "I've become quite fond of the thought of me and you." He sighed softly, and looked her in the eyes. "I suppose we shouldn't let that stain the night though. I've been looking forward to dancing with you since our first date."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:45 pm 
For a moment she had a melancholic expression, lost in thought. Then she looked up and her smile returned.

"You are lucky then...I have been practicing." Ishiyo rose from her seat and offered a hand, "No time like the present oh so they say." She grinned at the Mantis.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:04 am 
"I should probably be jealous of that." He replied with a wry amile, taking the Crane maidens hand and rising to his feet. "Though I'd wager I've shared enough moments with you to inspire some jealousy of my own."

He stepped in closer letting his fingers intertwine with hers if she allowed it as they stepped towards the floor. "As you said though, no time but the present."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:16 am 
Normally she had simply let herself be led to the dance floor. This time she walked in step with the her partner, they arrived on the dance floor as a pair of equals. She turned to face him and smiled. The current track was winding down and the next was just starting.

Ishiyo brought up her other and placed it on his shoulder. The song was slow...or at least seemed to begin that way.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:03 am 
Which is how Hayato thought of her. She might me a lovely Crane maiden and heiress to a company. Before that though she was a bushi like him.

Letting his hand drift to her waist, he offered her a soft smile as the first few notes of the song began. Maybe they wouldn't have nights like this for years to come, but at least they would have one more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:15 am 
They moved together during these opening moments. Ishiyo was not master dancer but with natural grace and some practice it came much easier to her now. And with motivation, one might have even thought she was good.

"So then, Hayato-san, you are doing fine so far...but how will you fare when they tempo increases?" She smirked playfully.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:32 am 
He didn't have her natural grace, but he did have a reasonable amount of skill on the floor. Though perhaps it was his own desire to match her that helped him keep up.

"That is a curious question." Hayato offered with a soft chuckle. "If i trip over your feet I'll try my best not to bury my face in your bosom."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:22 pm 
Ishiyo blushed and muttered under breath, "You have already had a hand on them." The speed began to increase as the two danced. A sudden mischievous grin came over her features. The music hit a point were the dancer would dip their partner....and Ishiyo acting quickly, slide her hand down to the Tsuruchi's waist and...dipped him. "Trust me?"

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next