It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: In the Mood for a Melody (Day 1 Early Night)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:50 am 
She gave him an affirmitive nod.

"Do you always try to be this good mannered with women? Calling them ladies and such?" There was a dry sense of humor to her tone. "Coming from a very matriarchal family, it sounds a little strange to me. Not offensive," Hyeon-ju assured him, "just strange."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 am 
"Only when I'm at a miai and trying to get to know them." He replied with a light chuckle. "Though I suppose most times I see no harm in being polite." Hayato started to make his way towards the dance floor, stepping a bit closer to the Unicorn so conversation was still possible with the louder music.

"Could change it up for you if you like." His tone turned a bit playful, as a amused smile made it's way onto his lips. "Something like 'Heck yeah, Babe! Let's hit the floor!' "

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:59 am 
Judging by her reaction, looking like someone who just found a mouldy strawberry in her fruitbasket, that didn't seem to be up her alley.

"You're wise to be clever polite and cordial. I can't imagine that one being successful much with women." At least not women with some standards.

At least she wasn't bashful about the close proximity that dancing required, probably because Unicorn were weird and liked to do things like shake hands and such. Though Hyeon-ju did not seem to be the type that would forgive any wandering hands.

But she moved well, easily finding the rythm and being aware of her partner. She had probably danced before though without any training.

-----

D1 EN Dancing/Agility untrained: 3d10 19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:13 am 
That brought an actual laugh to his lips. "Yeah, I didn't think so either." Plus it just wasn't really his style. "Though i admit I'm still a bit curious about what means if address you're more used to."

As he had said, dancing wasn't exactly one of his strong suits, but apparently the Tsuruchi had been on the floor at least a few times. As he matched rhythm with the Unicorn well enough. There were no wandering hands though at least not on his part, they had just met after all.

dancing, void because sometimes a fella needs to try and impress.: 3d10 16

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:33 am 
"Not very often I've been called 'lady'. Or treated with such... chivalry? Because of my sex." It was hard to put her finger on it, so she hoped that made some sense.

Her hazel eyes kept the focus on him. "Guess our initial thoughts were off. No fight or makeout between the Crab and the Spider." Though she hadn't expected to see a Crab run away like that...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:33 am 
"Ah..." The young Mantis nodded at that, well at least she said she didn't dislike it.

"Seems so." Hayato replied though he hadn't let his eyes drift towards the other pair for more then perhaps a moment. "Though he didn't get hit in the jaw, so I still think she might like him."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:41 am 
"I thought Crab punched the ones they liked," she remarked dryly. Perhaps an attempt at a joke.

Hyeon-ju nodded approvingly of the Mantis' dance moves, glad to have found someone who knew how to have fun on the dance floor without looking like an idiot, or acting like a lech. And for a good moment she said nothing as they continued to move to the music.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:33 am 
"You know, you might be right." He offered thoughtfully. "Though wouldn't that just mean the fighting comes before the making out?"

At least the could both move to the music, which was an improvement over his performance with the lion earlier. If he was going to spend a lot of time on the dance floor, finding someone to give lessons was a must though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 am 
"We'll have to keep an eye on the developments then. For the purposes of... miai sciences...?" now she actually chuckled a little at her own poor attempt at humor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:44 am 
"Now that would be a subject I would of liked to study on my way here." The young man said a light chuckle rolling from between his lips.

"Instead I got fashion lessons, which you can likely tell is not one of my strengths, and learned to play some silly card game."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 am 
She paused in her dance to give his outfit a much more scrutinizing look now. "Yes... you could use some more lessons. I think the card game is kind of silly, personally, but fashion on the other hand is more important, as it showcases how you want others to percieve you. It is in some ways like social armor."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:17 am 
"Agreed, though my father seemed to think it was popular and it would be a way to meet people." He shook it is.

"From your words though it seems I'll have to make another shopping trip soon. Especially if I expect to do any more dancing."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:26 am 
"Well, I guess if you want to meet others who play the game?" it wasn't her style, but if people liked to relax with games on their off-time, it wasn't her business to harp on it too much.

"I can give you some pointers. Once we're off the dance floor?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 am 
"Perhaps, I mean it couldn't hurt to try." He replied with a shrug, not seeming to concerned with it himself.

The next comment caused him to pause but eventually he nodded. "Ill take you up on that, Utaku-san." He smirked. "Though i admit the only way I'd be able to return the favor is to treat you to a meal or tea sometime."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:54 am 
"Hm, that kind of seems like it suits the purpose of a miai, so I would like to accept such an offer, yes," she nodded thoughtfully.

Besides, if more people knew how to dress well, then the Empire could be a more proper place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 am 
Now he just had to figure out what kind of place the Utaku might like. "I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so. I met some earlier who seemed more interested in work then social gatherings."

He shook his head to clear those stray thoughts. "I'll send a note though when I find a proper place and time?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:07 am 
"Of course," she gave a nod, and figured that the dance would be over for now. A drink to freshen up would be nice now too.

"In a way, this is kind of like work, but it doesn't mean one can't try to have some fun while here? It's only so much time a pilot gets planet-side." And there was only so much freedom someone might have before they got married...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:00 am 
Seeing Hyeon-ju stop the dancing, Hayato followed her lead. Dancing was fun but it was a work out too.

"Right." He agreed with a nod, as he started to make his way away from the dance floor. "Though i suppose people have different ideas of fun too. It might be i just encountered a few people with different ideas if fun then me."

"Sounds like you plan to take advantage of every moment you have here though?" 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:01 am 
She gave a shrug. "Well... yes. This is a mission, in a way, one that I take seriously. But, it is also the closest to a vacation I might have for a while. No matter where I end up after this, there will be a marriage and wedding and... all those things to consider, which will take time no doubt. And if I am still Unicorn afterwards I'll be rotated back into active duty."

And well, who knows what would happen if she married out? A show-pony? A trophy-wife? Just a brood-mare? None of those thoughts were appealing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:36 am 
Hayato had no idea of what the inner workings of the Unicorns mind were. Though they likely echoed the worries of many people here.

"I understand, I think, and you're right this is a duty for all of us." Finding a good spouse wasn't an easy task, or so i heard. "Honestly I'm a bit curious how many will try to find a partner they like, and how many look for metely the best political match."

"Personally I think I'd like to find a happy median between the two. Though depending on how things work out that may be rather difficult."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next