It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2, EN] Night Life, Night Club
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:26 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Oh maybe I've noticed. And maybe I've noticed something else too."

She put a finger on his lips.

"It's that we're both pretty bad at just shutting up and enjoying the moment."

She moved the finger to her own lips and blew it with exaggerated emphasis, as if doing so make-believe childish magic. Then she sealed her lips into a smile and locked her eyes on his.

And winked.

Now whose getting greedy?

He smiled back at her and kept eye contact as well, jamming to the music. It really hadn't even been that long, though he could probably down a few more cups of sake.

She was right though. And something he'd learned when he was a kid is that enjoying a moment, sometimes, is worth more than any words you could say about it.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:54 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Mumei perks up. "Absolutely!" The touch shifts expertly beneath Ishiyo's fingers as she slips from the stool and back toward the dancers. "Trust me!?" she says as she grabs both hands and begins a counterclockwise spin where one partner at a time takes a couple beats as the anchor and pivot, the other leaping (in Mumei's case) or being nearly flung (in Ishiyo's case) halfway around the pivot. It's a whirling bolas of dancers crashing to the dance floor to entangle the Fox in their midst. There's a wild ecstasy to the movement, constrained by the solidity of the pivot with the sense of momentum trying to tear the tiny pair of satellites apart every time.

_____
(round the house and mind the tables now)

Ishiyo twirled around, frightened at first but the Nakauchi seemed deft and the Daidoji let her partner control the movement. Twirling, spinning, around the new sun of drunken fox. Ishiyo actually found it quite exhilarating a far cry from the courtly dances of her youth. Before long she found herself smiling and laughing. Maybe it was just the alcohol. Whatever the root was, for the moment she was content to enjoy it.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:46 am 
"Not quite flying," she calls over the music. "But you get what you can when your feet are on the ground, neh?"

Eventually the twirling needs to stop, before everyone collapses in a drunken heap. Even knowing three different tricks to keep from getting dizzy on such a spin, Mumei knows she'll feel it, and hangs onto the less-experienced Crane's hands as support through the transition to something calmer, with the bouncy Fox at one apex of a little triangle. Mumei sticks to something sinuous, all shoulders, neck, hips grooving to the bass.

Looking up through half-lidded eyes, she asks "am I walkin' you home after, Daidoji-sama?"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:15 am 
Ishiyo's cheeks redden though how noticeable given the lights and the redness from her buzz was anyone's guess, "Well...I suppose we are going to the same place." Her eyes flick over to the Daigotsu, "And I think my previous dance partneh has otheh ideas in mind." Again she follows Mumei's movements, and seems to be remarkably no worse for the wear. All that time spent having to endure the rigors of a dogfight left the Crane pilot with a good resistance to vertigo.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:52 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo's cheeks redden though how noticeable given the lights and the redness from her buzz was anyone's guess, "Well...I suppose we are going to the same place." Her eyes flick over to the Daigotsu, "And I think my previous dance partneh has otheh ideas in mind." Again she follows Mumei's movements, and seems to be remarkably no worse for the wear. All that time spent having to endure the rigors of a dogfight left the Crane pilot with a good resistance to vertigo.

"Fantastic." She leans in with an exaggerated eyebrow waggle and teasing grin. "Then I can totally avoid doing anything _too_ scandalous in front of an entire club when there's all kinds of time later." She begins leading Ishiyo through some more complicated moves, that seemed like they'd work better, eventually, with two people dancing a bit apart and playing off one another's moves, coming together seemingly by chance. But it's hard to teach that way in a noisy club, so guided meditations on footwork it is.

"I mean, unless you're aiming for some scandal?" She glances at the Spider, and steps in a bit closer to speak more quietly. "To be clear, you're adorable, and I'd walk you home and beyond in a heartbeat. But! I have just enough sense not to promise anything more after a evening of dancing and deliciously potent drinks." She sways into another swirling maneuver. "And if you shoot me down, well...that's entirely part of the job, isn't it?"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:01 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
"What do you..." Chiyoko finally got a good look at the dancers. And how close they were dancing. Her face reddened just a bit as she realized just how close people were getting. "Oh. That is... I suppose effective if you must be close to the music or on the dance floor." Surely that was the reason they were so close. Right?

Hakka gave a small laugh, fan covering her face as she did so. She wasn't quite fast enough to hide the smile, but that was more by design than inability, considering how proficient Hakka was at wielding the object. "Extremely effective it seems. It also looks as if it fosters quite the atmosphere between the participants," she added, tone a little playful.

Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
The bartender took a bit of time to work out the complicated drinks and gave Satoru a relieved look when he just ordered a whiskey on the rocks for himself. He looked about where they had been looking for tables and Chiyoko's height certainly helped the process along in finding them it also helped that he was a pretty observant individual most of the time.

He came back to the table and set their drinks in front of the ladies "Here you go, should have seen the look on the poor bartender's face when I ordered them. I think they remade it twice so hopefully they got it right or at least close." he set his glass of whiskey on the table and looked around "I can't say I have much experience with places like this. How about you Matsu-san? I think I heard you were new to them as well Doji-san."

Giving a nod of her head in thanks, Hakka took a sip, a pleased "hm" following shortly afterwards. "Quite satisfactory. Thank you, Kuchiki-san."

After taking another sip of her drink, she said, "I did! I may have to visit a few more others after as this is certainly entertaining and a fascinating way to spend time with people. A whole new facet to be explored!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:35 am 
he nodded taking a sip of his own drink enjoying the pleasant burn it left as it went down "Fascinating indeed. I think we are closest to our primitive selves here. Posturing, intimate dancing, mating displays. Territory being marked" he said noting the interaction with the Crab and the Spider "plus the music's not so bad, if a little loud." He finished with a small smile to the two ladies.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:35 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"Fantastic." She leans in with an exaggerated eyebrow waggle and teasing grin. "Then I can totally avoid doing anything _too_ scandalous in front of an entire club when there's all kinds of time later." She begins leading Ishiyo through some more complicated moves, that seemed like they'd work better, eventually, with two people dancing a bit apart and playing off one another's moves, coming together seemingly by chance. But it's hard to teach that way in a noisy club, so guided meditations on footwork it is.

"I mean, unless you're aiming for some scandal?" She glances at the Spider, and steps in a bit closer to speak more quietly. "To be clear, you're adorable, and I'd walk you home and beyond in a heartbeat. But! I have just enough sense not to promise anything more after a evening of dancing and deliciously potent drinks." She sways into another swirling maneuver. "And if you shoot me down, well...that's entirely part of the job, isn't it?"

A nervous chuckle escapes Ishiyo's lips, "You are quiet pretty as well...but with these drinks and the pounding of my exertions on the dance floor...might very well tempt me to scandal." Her cheeks were red still, "But at my heart I am still Crane and must remain proper." As the close she looks down, "I am sorry but just the walk home...please." There was a nervous heat the Nakauchi could feel this close to the Daidoji. When the separated again she closed her eyes until they were pulled back together when they snapped open again. This sort of thing was far more dangerous then she had ever suspected....

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:43 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
he nodded taking a sip of his own drink enjoying the pleasant burn it left as it went down "Fascinating indeed. I think we are closest to our primitive selves here. Posturing, intimate dancing, mating displays. Territory being marked" he said noting the interaction with the Crab and the Spider "plus the music's not so bad, if a little loud." He finished with a small smile to the two ladies.

"I don't know about primitive. It is... interesting, though, I suppose," she laughed, perhaps a bit nervously, before grabbing her drink and taking a small sip. "Good choice there, Doji-san. This tastes good!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:53 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
A girl that didn't mind getting a little dirty. That wasn't bad at all really? Hayato pondered giving a brief glance to the young scorpions wardrobe as she moved to stand.

"So I've been told." He replied with a says smile as he started making his way towards the dance floor. "Of course I've also been told a lot of exercise is good for you to. But, that idea is a bit harder to swallow."

Following by the Tsuruchi, Tenma noticed Ishiyo on the dance floor and gave her a small wave before turning back to talk to her dance partner, "I suppose; One just needs to find some things they enjoy I suppose. I like swimming and biking, for instance. Dancing just so happens to be another one of those things."

A little tipsy herself, Tenma was nevertheless still mostly coordinated, and when they reached the dancefloor itself and found a spot she kicked things off with trying some moves out.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:59 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
A nervous chuckle escapes Ishiyo's lips, "You are quiet pretty as well...but with these drinks and the pounding of my exertions on the dance floor...might very well tempt me to scandal." Her cheeks were red still, "But at my heart I am still Crane and must remain proper." As the close she looks down, "I am sorry but just the walk home...please." There was a nervous heat the Nakauchi could feel this close to the Daidoji. When the separated again she closed her eyes until they were pulled back together when they snapped open again. This sort of thing was far more dangerous then she had ever suspected....

The incandescence Mumei can project when she dances, doesn't even dim for a second, as she swirls the Crane beneath joined hands to ricochet around Izumi. "Nothin' to apologize for. I'm a slip of a space bird, but also a priest of suns. I never needed your kind of armor. And I never want to be slicing through someone else's either." When they pass close enough for quieter words again, she adds, "but we're going to laugh about that Spider fellow all the way home, right?"

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:06 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:

"I don't know about primitive. It is... interesting, though, I suppose," she laughed, perhaps a bit nervously, before grabbing her drink and taking a small sip. "Good choice there, Doji-san. This tastes good!"

Hakka tapped her glass before she took another long drink from her glass. "The use of primitive is an interesting choice of words, much like Matsu-san said. The implication behind it, well," she looks out at the sea of people. "Allows for a multiple contexts when applied to any factor that such behaviors are inherent."

Shaking her head, with a laugh, she adds, "But, yes, the music is not so bad! I almost tempted to start tapping my foot along with it."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:08 am 
"Thank you," The Crane whispers as they are close to each other.

"Oh my yes, of course we will." Ishiyo laughs, and a grin settles on her features, "Where did you learn to dance like this?" The Crane asks as the spin again, it was a pity she didn't have the skill for it herself. If Mumei was this talented with the untrained...Ishiyo could only imagine the sort of spectacle she could make with a trained dancer.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:12 am 
Moto Ruhe wrote:
Death Metal Fist Bump (TM) occurred! Ruhe thought about what Koseki said.

"Say, do you want to do the drumming more often?"

"Serious?" Koseki was taken aback. He took a moment before nodding. "Would love to. I mean, I only ever played casually. Be a good excuse to improve my 'enthusiastic' technique though, if you don't mind me messing up every so often."

Ghost dad seemed amused. About time you picked up a healthier hobby than smoking and flying dangerously.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:30 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Thank you," The Crane whispers as they are close to each other.

"Oh my yes, of course we will." Ishiyo laughs, and a grin settles on her features, "Where did you learn to dance like this?" The Crane asks as the spin again, it was a pity she didn't have the skill for it herself. If Mumei was this talented with the untrained...Ishiyo could only imagine the sort of spectacle she could make with a trained dancer.

"Dance...is worship for the Osprey," she says before setting Ishiyo into a trajectory around Izumi, and timing a leap over the fox as his erratic trajectory dips his head a bit. There's joy in just stretching the body to move as fully as it can, and that shows.

On the other side, she settles into a closer groove. "Moshi Naemi perished dancing herself into communion with the crystal bright voice of a sun. Some souls filled with longing to do the same, and the earliest hint of what was to become the Osprey was born." She grins. "Almost all of us are taking part in dance before we're even born. We dance like you fly, or the Unicorn ride." The grin turns a bit more salacious..."and my can some of them ride!"

Breathing a bit hard after this much exertion, she leads into a swooping series of open and then closed moves that should showcase the Crane's grace nicely. "Also. It is so. much. fun. Do you ever get to fly just for the joy of it?"

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:38 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:

Hakka tapped her glass before she took another long drink from her glass. "The use of primitive is an interesting choice of words, much like Matsu-san said. The implication behind it, well," she looks out at the sea of people. "Allows for a multiple contexts when applied to any factor that such behaviors are inherent."

Shaking her head, with a laugh, she adds, "But, yes, the music is not so bad! I almost tempted to start tapping my foot along with it."

Satoru chuckled this wasn't his first drink and the alcohol would likely be having a little bit of an effect by now "Apologies ladies, I can sometimes look at everything like a scientist. People see over the top colorful dress and i think of bright plumage to attract potiential mates. Which in a way is what we are here to do after all just with layers of refinement and ceremony over it." He waves a hand dismissively "but this isn't the place for such talk! Man I need to get out more it seems." He says with a grin as he takes another sip.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"Dance...is worship for the Osprey," she says before setting Ishiyo into a trajectory around Izumi, and timing a leap over the fox as his erratic trajectory dips his head a bit. There's joy in just stretching the body to move as fully as it can, and that shows.

On the other side, she settles into a closer groove. "Moshi Naemi perished dancing herself into communion with the crystal bright voice of a sun. Some souls filled with longing to do the same, and the earliest hint of what was to become the Osprey was born." She grins. "Almost all of us are taking part in dance before we're even born. We dance like you fly, or the Unicorn ride." The grin turns a bit more salacious..."and my can some of them ride!"

Breathing a bit hard after this much exertion, she leads into a swooping series of open and then closed moves that should showcase the Crane's grace nicely. "Also. It is so. much. fun. Do you ever get to fly just for the joy of it?"

Her blush was back at the mention of riding and the realization of the meaning there in. It was only worse as she realized Mumei's current moves were partly designed to draw people's eyes to the Crane the Osprey was dancing with...

"Every time I get into the cockpit I find joy." She smiles meekly, "I pity my future spouse, they have theih work cut out foh them to win my affections oveh my first love. Theih is nothing that sets my soul on fire like chaos of the melee. You-eh mind has to open up, think and calculate and perceive a hundred things at once. While you-eh metal steed purrs with barely contained power and the universe itself push and pulls at you-eh body."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:14 pm 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Her blush was back at the mention of riding and the realization of the meaning there in. It was only worse as she realized Mumei's current moves were partly designed to draw people's eyes to the Crane the Osprey was dancing with...

"Every time I get into the cockpit I find joy." She smiles meekly, "I pity my future spouse, they have theih work cut out foh them to win my affections oveh my first love. Theih is nothing that sets my soul on fire like chaos of the melee. You-eh mind has to open up, think and calculate and perceive a hundred things at once. While you-eh metal steed purrs with barely contained power and the universe itself push and pulls at you-eh body."

That's the kind of light in the eyes she hoped everyone found at some point. She glances at Izumi who had it pretty much nonstop about everything. "Exactly. It's a open-ended flow of a million variables to process and you have to weave them into something. Dance is music and the space available, and a partner or more, and the capabilities of every muscle in the moment as you fling your body into the beating heart of things. When it's good, it feels effortless." She laughs with a quick press of palm to palm that bounces both away a bit. "It's not, of course, as every muscle will remind you the next day."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:00 pm 
"Messing up comes with the territory, man. Let's try and see how it goes. You've got the spirit for it and the clockwork rhythm ticks in your head, and those are the fundamentals." Ruhe downed the drink and slammed down whatever the container of it was.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:13 pm 
"That is the sort of pain I call good," Ishiyo responded as the came together again, "I remaindeh that you have lived a little." She closed her eyes again and just enjoyed the motions of the dance, it lacked the hyper-awareness of the cockpit but the feeling of constant movement brought on memories. The Crane opened her eyes wide to really take in the scene around her, the blur of motion that was the Fox, the other dancers, and the people along the edges. It brought a pleasant smile to her features.

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next