It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2, EN] Night Life, Night Club
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 am 
Bayushi Tenma wrote:
"I suppose I would say I'm a magistrate. Though most magistrate traditions incorporate a lot of bushi training as well, even these days in a time of armchair detectives. Not that I don't appreciate the differences... just like the differences between a high class cocktail and a lesser one."

She held up her glass and took a sip. This... was not a high class cocktail. But it never paid to tell the person who mixed your drinks that.

He raised his eyebrow at that, he was pretty sure he had just been mildly insulted. Unless she was being self-deprecating, it was hard to tell.

"I'm not sure i catch your exact meaning there, Bayushi-sama." He offered after a moment, giving the Scorpion a chance to explain herself.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:26 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Satoru caught those big blue eyes and felt a little heat in his cheeks, they may be genetic indication of less savory practices but dammit if they weren't beautiful. He hoped the flashing lights would cover the appearance of any flush response, he swallowed a bit and smiled "Of course I'd love to share a drink and...perhaps my mind will change with the alcohol but I think Matsu-san gives me too much credit." he said before parting the crowd heading to the bar.

"We can sit at the bar or you ladies can grab a table and I can bring the drinks." he said over his shoulder.

"Wonderful!" Hakka clapped her hands together once, showing her pleasure. "Matsu-san and I will try to-" she glanced around, "-find a table, or at least a less deafening corner, whilst you get the drinks then! As for what to drink, I'd like a-" she proceeded to rattle off a rather complicated and technical drink before ending the order with, "-it's quite popular back home. I'll be quite pleased if the bartenders here can come even close to it."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 am 
Ujina Jin wrote:
Meanwhile Jin shuffled over to the Osprey, Crab and Lion. "Come on, join in! Just follow what I'm doing!"

Hida Akemi wrote:
The Hida's hand was all too happy to close on the Osprey's one. However, she was far too sober to understand her:

"Uh? Yeah?

You dance really well. Would you mind guiding me through some adventurous moves? I've got people in the assistance to impress."

She smirked:

"And of course I would also like to impress you en passant."

She grins at them both, "Oh? is one of the folks you're tryin' to impress here?" She spins the Crab around in front, and facing away, shifting her grip to rest lightly under her elbows as she begins a much looser copy of Jin's dance.

It's a shuffle with more sway to the hip and swing to head, only some of which can really be translated through hands at elbows, so light and steady, her touch shifts here and there to the pulsing beat. Done with a different intent and a few centimeters less space between them, it could be highly indecent, here it's merely instructive with a taste of flirtation.

"Let go, into the music. Power your stance from the feet all the way up, joint by joint to the imaginary thread holding your head high," she whisper-shouts over the music into Akemi's ear.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:55 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
"Decent choice, but you'll have to finish it before it starts to warm", he advised about the drink. "As to what I think about relationships? I think some understanding of commitment is important, being honest and sincere. Though really...the most important thing, is being certain that the things you do are appreciated by the other party. Whether it's just being yourself, or doing something special for them with purpose. The other person in the relationship should look at what you do, and you should do the same. That's how you can tell there is respect, mutual benefit, all that. At least, that's what someone smarter than me said once, and I haven't been able to see fault in it yet. I guess the idea is that if you know they're trying, it's supposed to motivate you to do the same."

"It makes sense Daigotsu-sama," Ishiyo nods and rests her chin in her hand, "Daigotsu Ryuu-san said something similah, finding someone willing to work with him to earn Benten's approval as it were. I think that is certainly a workable idea...but, I do not know. Things are simpleh in the cockpit. When I am having to be aware of everything around me at the same time. And keep track of the state my fighteh is end."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:07 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"It makes sense Daigotsu-sama," Ishiyo nods and rests her chin in her hand, "Daigotsu Ryuu-san said something similah, finding someone willing to work with him to earn Benten's approval as it were. I think that is certainly a workable idea...but, I do not know. Things are simpleh in the cockpit. When I am having to be aware of everything around me at the same time. And keep track of the state my fighteh is end."

The drinks arrived and Shokomaru slid Ishiyo's to her gently.

"Relationships aren't simple", he conceded, staring at his glass a little. "Kampai", and he saluted her with it before sipping, assuming she'd follow suit. "The truth is though that nothing really is, neh? Even a uniform takes several steps to put on, and if it's done wrong things are fairly obvious. Relationships aren't that different either, though instead of looking in a mirror to see where you fucked up, you have to communicate instead."

Cupping his hand over his mouth, the Spider made a static sound like a radio chirping. "Iron Crane to tower, multiple contacts inbound, possible bogies. Please confirm IFF."

He smirked. "Maybe you could roleplay it if it's that tricky to you."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:11 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
She grins at them both, "Oh? is one of the folks you're tryin' to impress here?" She spins the Crab around in front, and facing away, shifting her grip to rest lightly under her elbows as she begins a much looser copy of Jin's dance.

It's a shuffle with more sway to the hip and swing to head, only some of which can really be translated through hands at elbows, so light and steady, her touch shifts here and there to the pulsing beat. Done with a different intent and a few centimeters less space between them, it could be highly indecent, here it's merely instructive with a taste of flirtation.

"Let go, into the music. Power your stance from the feet all the way up, joint by joint to the imaginary thread holding your head high," she whisper-shouts over the music into Akemi's ear.

The Fox was certainly . . . . going with the music although it could be debated he was actually going with a completely different beat and tempo to what was actually playing.

He didn't care . . .

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:30 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:

Akemi tried to follow Mumei's instructions. She was more or less putty in her hands at the moment, completely overwhelmed by the answer to her own cockiness.

Not that that was an entirely disagreeable feeling.

Her cognitive functions were also in slow mo as the blood and the oxygen were redirected to other functionalities of her organism:

"Yeah... Trying to make them... A bit jealous... A Crab gotta use every weapon at her disposal..."

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:36 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:

The drinks arrived and Shokomaru slid Ishiyo's to her gently.

"Relationships aren't simple", he conceded, staring at his glass a little. "Kampai", and he saluted her with it before sipping, assuming she'd follow suit. "The truth is though that nothing really is, neh? Even a uniform takes several steps to put on, and if it's done wrong things are fairly obvious. Relationships aren't that different either, though instead of looking in a mirror to see where you fucked up, you have to communicate instead."

Cupping his hand over his mouth, the Spider made a static sound like a radio chirping. "Iron Crane to tower, multiple contacts inbound, possible bogies. Please confirm IFF."

He smirked. "Maybe you could roleplay it if it's that tricky to you."

Ishiyo nods, "Kampai." Then she listens intently as he gave the analogy. Then her expression changes again to a sort of bland....really?

"That was....a terrible joke Daigotsu-sama." She now looked embarrassed for him.

But the Crane recovered quickly, "I get you-eh point, but acting out concerns seems...I do not know strange. I do not even know what a happy married couple behaves like, motheh was neveh really at home...fatheh was not all that much eitheh. I mean I know they liked each otheh but theih are both dedicated to theih duties. So...I just have nannies and maids for reference."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:41 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo nods, "Kampai." Then she listens intently as he gave the analogy. Then her expression changes again to a sort of bland....really?

"That was....a terrible joke Daigotsu-sama." She now looked embarrassed for him.

But the Crane recovered quickly, "I get you-eh point, but acting out concerns seems...I do not know strange. I do not even know what a happy married couple behaves like, motheh was neveh really at home...fatheh was not all that much eitheh. I mean I know they liked each otheh but theih are both dedicated to theih duties. So...I just have nannies and maids for reference."

He looks absolutely stricken when she admonishes his joke. Did she not see it was a joke?

"Sounds tough", he said and took another slug of sake.

Hida Akemi wrote:
"Yeah... Trying to make them... A bit jealous... A Crab gotta use every weapon at her disposal..."

He nearly spit his drink out, but managed to swallow it without making a mess. He started laughing. Then remembered his situation and bowed slightly to Ishiyo.

"Sorry, I just...no, there's no real explaining it", he took a breath and slapped a bigger grin on his face. "So, Daidoji-san, before I ruin this night with another bad joke, can I at least get to embarrass myself with you on the dance floor?"

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:46 am 
Ishiyo shrugs and then downs her drink in one gulp. She coughed a little when she sat the empty glass down, her face flushed for a different reason, "...I do not...." The Crane grimaces a little then continues, "See the harm in it."

She waves off another drink, her cheeks still red, "Well to be honest Daigotsu-sama, I do not know how well my Crane grace appears on the dance flooh...."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:56 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
She waves off another drink, her cheeks still red, "Well to be honest Daigotsu-sama, I do not know how well my Crane grace appears on the dance flooh...."

"Daidoji Ishiyo-san, my proud beauty, I think you are about to find Crane grace outpaces the Spiders no matter the venue. Be at ease", and he took her hand without any fuss to lead her out to the dance floor.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:01 am 
"Daidoji Ishiyo-san, my proud beauty, I think you are about to find Crane grace outpaces the Spiders no matter the venue. Be at ease", and he took her hand without any fuss to lead her out to the dance floor.

Ishiyo followed the Spider onto to the dance floor...well was lead to be more accurate. She spent the time in between trying to recall all those social functions she had been dragged to as child and teenager. Maybe if the young pilot just treated dancing like a dogfight. Circle, circle, find opportunity, DIVE IN! Usually that meant something was dead or injured at the end...so maybe not the best plan.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:11 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:

"Wonderful!" Hakka clapped her hands together once, showing her pleasure. "Matsu-san and I will try to-" she glanced around, "-find a table, or at least a less deafening corner, whilst you get the drinks then! As for what to drink, I'd like a-" she proceeded to rattle off a rather complicated and technical drink before ending the order with, "-it's quite popular back home. I'll be quite pleased if the bartenders here can come even close to it."

Chiyoko simply nodded to Hakka. "I'll have what she's having." It was quicker than explaining that she had no damned clue what most drinks were like, and allowed her to instead focus on searching for a table that was farther away from the wub wub.

Last edited by Matsu Chiyoko on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:14 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo followed the Spider onto to the dance floor...well was lead to be more accurate. She spent the time in between trying to recall all those social functions she had been dragged to as child and teenager. Maybe if the young pilot just treated dancing like a dogfight. Circle, circle, find opportunity, DIVE IN! Usually that meant something was dead or injured at the end...so maybe not the best plan.

Ishiyo had a better idea of it than she thought. She just wasn't thinking Crane enough about it.

Shokomaru for his part, did his best. Dancing was not his forte, he'd proved that by claiming a Crab was his dance instructor. Though he had learned something in the short time since. Stay close, match your partner's motion until you don't know if they're following you or you're following them, and again. Stay close, just don't get handsy.

"See? You have nothing to worry about", he said and shuffled around her, clapping to the beat a bit.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:22 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:
Akemi tried to follow Mumei's instructions. She was more or less putty in her hands at the moment, completely overwhelmed by the answer to her own cockiness.

Not that that was an entirely disagreeable feeling.

Her cognitive functions were also in slow mo as the blood and the oxygen were redirected to other functionalities of her organism:

"Jealous?" She lets her hand rest on a hip, still offering guidance but also a more solid touch. "That can't be too hard." A gentle push spins the Crab around into a more formal hold and Mumei tones herself down into a beginner's step to match the music, balance shifting from foot to foot and pushing into a basic rock step on the last beats of each measure. "Which one? We can steer by em with big smiles...because we're enjoying ourselves...in a proper kind of courtship fashion, aren't we?"

She grins at the Fox over Akemi's shoulder. "Polyrhythmic? That's neat! Fox dance?" Wide eyes and a long wink toward both her MCA buddies says 'see, I'm a *great* winglady!'

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:30 am 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
Doji Hakka wrote:

Chiyoko simply nodded to Hakka. "I'll have what she's having." It was quicker than explaining that she had no damned clue what most drinks were like, and allowed her to instead focus on searching for a table that was farther away from the wub wub.

Satoru nodded at the complex order trying his best to not look dismayed having to explain this to the bartender but he moved away and went to the bar and started explaining to the poor girl the complex order. Luckily Satoru had a pretty great memory so he remembered ever twist and turn of the order.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:31 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:

"Jealous?" She lets her hand rest on a hip, still offering guidance but also a more solid touch. "That can't be too hard." A gentle push spins the Crab around into a more formal hold and Mumei tones herself down into a beginner's step to match the music, balance shifting from foot to foot and pushing into a basic rock step on the last beats of each measure. "Which one? We can steer by em with big smiles...because we're enjoying ourselves...in a proper kind of courtship fashion, aren't we?"

Panic mode! Panic mode!

Akemi wasn't honestly sure who she was trying to make jealous. It was more of a hormonal impulse than a reasoned plan. She tried to cook up a response that made sense to herself regardless:

"Uh. Hmm. The Daidoji. The one dancing with the Spider."

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:34 am 
Ishiyo had a better idea of it than she thought. She just wasn't thinking Crane enough about it.

Shokomaru for his part, did his best. Dancing was not his forte, he'd proved that by claiming a Crab was his dance instructor. Though he had learned something in the short time since. Stay close, match your partner's motion until you don't know if they're following you or you're following them, and again. Stay close, just don't get handsy.

"See? You have nothing to worry about", he said and shuffled around her, clapping to the beat a bit.

The Crane was graceful at least, but her inexperience also showed. There was only so much natural ability could cover for awkwardness. She briefly considered letting her mind enter that sort of hyper-awareness she needed as a pilot. But trying to track the random trajectories of all the dancers would probably kill all the fun of it.

So she just went with it and hoped she didn't do anything to embarrassing. It was not like she had all that much skin showing.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:43 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
She grins at the Fox over Akemi's shoulder. "Polyrhythmic? That's neat! Fox dance?" Wide eyes and a long wink toward both her MCA buddies says 'see, I'm a *great* winglady!'

She got a grin back as the Fox span off into the fray once more.

Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:

The Crane was graceful at least, but her inexperience also showed. There was only so much natural ability could cover for awkwardness. She briefly considered letting her mind enter that sort of hyper-awareness she needed as a pilot. But trying to track the random trajectories of all the dancers would probably kill all the fun of it.

So she just went with it and hoped she didn't do anything to embarrassing. It was not like she had all that much skin showing.

A blue haired Fox-shaped missile span past the Crane pilot on it's way back towards the bar.

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:46 am 
"Hypercolor incoming", Shokomaru warned and with a move, he scooted Ishiyo to the side by her waist, letting the Foxeh Flyby happen without incident. Maybe he wouldn't have crashed into her anyway, maybe he would have.

He kept dancing, letting Ishiyo get away by spinning her a little. Then he caught the Crab and Osprey duo, just the same, and his face scrunched in thought...well...maybe feelings, as thinking wan't too much in the table right then.

Description
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next