It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Maybe it's Habitual (Day 3 Early Night)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:35 pm 
Hayato stared at the greenish liquid in the glass in front of him, it was somewhat cloudy form the amazake and all in all didn't appear too appetizing. Still it had the magic substance caffeine in it, and he was feeling moe then a little worn out afte r the biathlon today. "Well Bottoms up." He murmured mostly to himself before picking up the glass and taking a large gulp of the liquid.

Blinking away the rather peculair flavor he turned at his seat at the bar to observe the dance floor, it had been a rather busy place the time before but somehow he doubted it would repeat itself this evening.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: Maybe it's Habitual (Day 3 Early Night)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 am 
Not when it was infested with Spiders!

Well, there was only one.

Still, Tsuigharu nodded along to the music and settled in to almost now comfortable ritual of the bartender ignoring him.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:59 am 
Mal-Chin didn't often have reason to let loose, so to speak, but he'd finished a site in a strange coding language. When else would get reason to celebrate?

Plus, coming out to hear music people listened to was important for his own work. So really, two birds, one poorly dancing Phoenix.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:45 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:

Still, Tsuigharu nodded along to the music and settled in to almost now comfortable ritual of the bartender ignoring him.

"Kuchiki-san." Hayato offered a polite nod to the spider as he took another sip of his cocktail if wasn't so bad after the second time around.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:03 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:

"Kuchiki-san." Hayato offered a polite nod to the spider as he took another sip of his cocktail if wasn't so bad after the second time around.

The Spider looked over at the Man in Green.

"Oh...greetings...Mantis-san." he offered with a bow. "I am indeed Kuchiki Tsugiharu, a pleasure to meet you."

"I was beginning to think that the Mantis had sent but a single Moshi to the miai to represent the Mantis."

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:30 am 
Song change?

Hah!

He could dance poorly all night!

Or at least for another couple songs...maybe?

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:51 am 
"We haven't sent many thats for sure. It's just Moshi-san and myself." The Mantis weren't exactly popular in Phoenix lands after all.

"But I'm forgetting my manners." He offered a seated bow to the spider "Tsuruchi Hayato, of the Mantis." A frown made its way onto his lips as he noticed the drinkless spider. "Could I get you something to drink?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:59 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"We haven't sent many thats for sure. It's just Moshi-san and myself." The Mantis weren't exactly popular in Phoenix lands after all.

"But I'm forgetting my manners." He offered a seated bow to the spider "Tsuruchi Hayato, of the Mantis." A frown made its way onto his lips as he noticed the drinkless spider. "Could I get you something to drink?"

Tsugiharu nodded.

"Sure, whatever you're having is fine. It's almost all new to me." he agrees.

He looks out across the dance floor at the flailing Phoenix.

"Well, not popular in Phoenix lands perhaps, but I've found Moshi-san's company quite enjoyable. Hopefully you've found at least a few friendly faces here as well, Tsuruchi-san?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:12 am 
Hayato placed another order of an Energizer for the Spider. Why the other man was ignored and he wasn't was a but if a mystery. Maybe he was scary or something?

"A few." He said with a half smile. "Some more friendly then others of course. Still glad to hear you enjoy the company of my clanmate. She seems a sweet girl from my shirt chat with her."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:08 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato placed another order of an Energizer for the Spider. Why the other man was ignored and he wasn't was a but if a mystery. Maybe he was scary or something?

"A few." He said with a half smile. "Some more friendly then others of course. Still glad to hear you enjoy the company of my clanmate. She seems a sweet girl from my shirt chat with her."

Tsugiharu took the drink in thanks and nodded.

"There is that, but there is more to her than that. There is a Will to succeed despite challenges. I think she'll do quite well." he said.

"So how have you found the challenges set forth by the Phoenix thus far?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:26 pm 
"Sounds like you like her." Hayato observed, an amused smile makign it's way onto his lips. "Still I'm glad to hear, I haven't really gotten the chance to know her all too well."

Tipping his drink back he took another sip. "Hrm... Interesting? I think that's the best word for it, they've got me wondering what else exactly they may have in mind."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:41 pm 
A small shrug.

"She has been pleasant enough to spend time with. One could quite easily find themselves with a match that is not." he said.

He nodded about the events.

"Yes, the otori riding and the biathalon today certainly give the impression that the Governor is looking for a very specific kind of samurai for his world. One could be forgiven for thinking he did not have confidence in samurai without bushi training." he offered. "But the list of events certainly leave some of them quite the mystery."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:20 pm 
"True enough." Hayato agreed, his eyes drifting to the phoenix on the dance floor. Perhaps the man had some concept of fun after all?

"Yes, there might be some truth to that. Especially since from what I have seen most of the Phoenix here seem to pursue the paths of researchers." He paused for a thoughtful moment. "It seems like the Gorvernor might be trying to bring some Bushi to his planet to combat this as it were?"

"Though that's just speculation."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 pm 
Tsugiharu nodded.

"A distinct possibility. Given the history of the Empire, no one's ever said, 'Boy those Phoenix are quite the warriors huh?'" he mused.

Tsugiharu sipped his drink, considering that.

"Hm, perhaps that goes beyond current need as well. The Governor perhaps thinking that his planet will become the home of eilite Phoenix warriors if he starts now in a few generations or so."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:55 am 
That seemed more then a little far fetched, just because you had a load of expert warriors didn't mean their kids made expert warriors all on their own. Though genetics did help. "Perhaps?"

"Though I think it more likely that and increased military force will give him more ability to expand? Perhaps found another city somewhere nearby?" The man had seemed to have a big vision after all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:34 am 
Tsugiharu nodded.

"That would be the logical conclusion. A colony tends to expand until the cost of doing so outweighs the benefit of doing so. But there's more to expanding a colony than just strong warriors to beat the surrounding land into submission. Real growth takes spiritual might and economic might as well."

He considered the matter a little more.

"And of course current politics means likely no aid from the Spider or Mantis, which is a shame given our clan's military prowess."

He lifted his glass.

"To our clans."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:09 am 
Which likely meant that the Phoenix would be looking to marry some Ceab and Lion. They were after all the other dominant military powers.

"To our clans." Hayato echoed raising his own glass in toast. "Kampai!"

"I take it though that you serve you clan as something other then a bushi though?" At least thats how it sounded.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Which likely meant that the Phoenix would be looking to marry some Ceab and Lion. They were after all the other dominant military powers.

"To our clans." Hayato echoed raising his own glass in toast. "Kampai!"

"I take it though that you serve you clan as something other then a bushi though?" At least thats how it sounded.

Tsugiharu nodded.

"Hai, I'm a shugenja and medical researcher with the military." he admitted. "And yourself, Tsuruchi-san?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 am 
"I shoot things for the most part." Hayato replied, though for most it was likely a pretty easy guess.

"So nothing really all that special."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:57 am 
Tsugiharu chuckles.

"Depends on what you shoot and with what Tsuruchi-san. You could be anything from a bounty hunter to an artillery commander to a ship's captain with that description." he says.

Theme Song
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next