It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: The night watch (Day 4 Early Night)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 pm 
Adventerous indeed, it had bubbles. "As much as I enjoy a good obstacle coarse I think even I'd wilt in time if the weather contineus as it has been." Miserably hot followed by rain storms, it wasn't exactly pleasant.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his tabako-inhalator and set it on the table, he had a craving but it wasn't somethign pressing. "It is, though the Phoenix seem to concerned with conservation, so it might not involve any actually. shooting." The mention of the wildlife caused his to pause. "I think I've heard a bit about some of those. Reavers or something I think they were called?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:38 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Adventerous indeed, it had bubbles. "As much as I enjoy a good obstacle coarse I think even I'd wilt in time if the weather contineus as it has been." Miserably hot followed by rain storms, it wasn't exactly pleasant.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his tabako-inhalator and set it on the table, he had a craving but it wasn't somethign pressing. "It is, though the Phoenix seem to concerned with conservation, so it might not involve any actually. shooting." The mention of the wildlife caused his to pause. "I think I've heard a bit about some of those. Reavers or something I think they were called?"

Shoan glances down at the inhalator but doesn't comment. There might be the slightest sniff of disapproval though.

"Yes, reavers, they're nasty ambush predators, large bipedal lizards. A couple were trying to eat a child of the local samurai but, well, the rescue team had guns and thank the heavens, the giant lizards did not."
Now that would have been a sight

"I've also been warned about considerably more dangerous creatures out behind the wall, perhaps the Phoenix might be more keen on some culling than we expect?"

Last edited by Murame Shoan on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:09 pm 
Well, it seemed it was a no smoking area after all...

"Yeah, a Ujina Jin was telling me a bit about that this morning." He offered the woman a warm smile. "It seems the two of you were members of this rescue team though? Unless I'm reading things wrong?" It seemed likelythat she was, but no harm in asking.

As she continued he nodded thoughtfully, idly playing with the inhalator on the table. "You do make a good point there, the Phoenix might have something of a culling in mind. Though I wonder that if these creatures are truly dangerous if they would put their guests at risk like that." After all, some of them here for the miai weren't bushi.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Well, it seemed it was a no smoking area after all...

"Yeah, a Ujina Jin was telling me a bit about that this morning." He offered the woman a warm smile. "It seems the two of you were members of this rescue team though? Unless I'm reading things wrong?" It seemed likelythat she was, but no harm in asking.

As she continued he nodded thoughtfully, idly playing with the inhalator on the table. "You do make a good point there, the Phoenix might have something of a culling in mind. Though I wonder that if these creatures are truly dangerous if they would put their guests at risk like that." After all, some of them here for the miai weren't bushi.

"Hai, myself, Ujina-sama and two others, a Spider and Scorpion of all things."
Usually the type to kidnap a child rather than save one

"We were touring a farm nearby and had to move out as an ad-hoc team. It was...well done, they are all skilled samurai in their different areas."

Watching him play with the inhalator
"Perhaps there will be a variety of approaches? One can still track or understand an animal without having to confront it directly....although, given the various accidents guests have suffered so far...."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:29 pm 
"Well, It was a good thing the four of you did, Ikoma-san, and normally I'd offer to buy you a drink for your efforts. Seeing as you don't drink though I suppose I'll have to figure out something else though. His eyes followed hers and he had to repress the urge to smile as she watched him play with the inhalator.

"Now that you mention those." He sighed softly. "You might actually be right about a hunting event. There was what two or three people who broke limbs yesterday? and i think I heard something about poisonous plants and ikebana?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:36 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well, It was a good thing the four of you did, Ikoma-san, and normally I'd offer to buy you a drink for your efforts. Seeing as you don't drink though I suppose I'll have to figure out something else though. His eyes followed hers and he had to repress the urge to smile as she watched him play with the inhalator.

"Now that you mention those." He sighed softly. "You might actually be right about a hunting event. There was what two or three people who broke limbs yesterday? and i think I heard something about poisonous plants and ikebana?"

Shoan resists the urge to find something to play with, resolving that she'll go purchase a knick-knack somewhere that might suit.

"It's quite alright Tsuruchi-san, I was merely doing my duty.....and I'm sure Ujina-sama has probably already collected most of the free drinks."
Eh, he'd earned a couple

"I'd heard about the athletics injuries and yes, the Ikebana was quite something."
Clearing her throat
"Some samurai were poisoned, it was unpleasant."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:52 pm 
"I supoose you are right at that, you were merely doing your duty and thus need no rewards." Hayato replied removing his hand from the inhakator and reaching into his breast pocket and removing a piece of heatly folded orange paper.

"So you can instead just say you recieved this thiw because the mysterious Mantis you met at the club decided to show off." With that he started folding.

Her last comment caused him to look up, and he raised an eyebrow. It almost sounded like she had been one of those poisoned. "That's unfortunate indeed, I hope all those it happened to have made a full recovery?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:01 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I supoose you are right at that, you were merely doing your duty and thus need no rewards." Hayato replied removing his hand from the inhakator and reaching into his breast pocket and removing a piece of heatly folded orange paper.

"So you can instead just say you recieved this thiw because the mysterious Mantis you met at the club decided to show off." With that he started folding.

Her last comment caused him to look up, and he raised an eyebrow. It almost sounded like she had been one of those poisoned. "That's unfortunate indeed, I hope all those it happened to have made a full recovery?"

"At least the mysterious samurai had some skill with paper."
Shoan switches her focus to watching his fingers work...she was not well suited to origami herself, it was a wonder paper didn't tear simply in her prescence

"I believe they have, yes. Just a long night for some, luckily there are some skilled healers among our guests here."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:13 pm 
"I hope you like butterflies." They had always been a favorite of his little sister, and well a lot of women seemed to like them. Of course he didn't have any experience with Lion women though, they were probably different.

"Because while the mysterious Mantis's fingers may have some skill with paper, he unfortunately doesn't know too many ways to fold it." The piece was coming together now and even if he hadn't told her what it was, she likely would of been able to figure it out.

"Still, I'm glad to hear those poisoned made a quick recovery, and that there were skilled healers were able and willing to help." He smirked. "I might have to figure out who some of them are, just in case."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:26 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I hope you like butterflies." They had always been a favorite of his little sister, and well a lot of women seemed to like them. Of course he didn't have any experience with Lion women though, they were probably different.

"Because while the mysterious Mantis's fingers may have some skill with paper, he unfortunately doesn't know too many ways to fold it." The piece was coming together now and even if he hadn't told her what it was, she likely would of been able to figure it out.

"Still, I'm glad to hear those poisoned made a quick recovery, and that there were skilled healers were able and willing to help." He smirked. "I might have to figure out who some of them are, just in case."

"I am....not anti-butterfly."
It was true, Shoan was a strict proponent of butterfly neutrality.

The Lion's On is good but...well, not many samurai are that good. The faintest sense of self-consciousness is exuded.

"Yes....one that track, Kitsu Nozmi-san is a skilled healer. Just...for example."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:47 am 
"Mmm... I suppose a butterfly will suffice then." The Mantis replied, as he finished up and passed the paper construction towards the Lion.

"But Kitsu Nozomi-san?" He nodded to himself. "I suppose i should if guessed that, being as priestess as she is." It would probably be a bit awkward to seek her out for healing though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Mmm... I suppose a butterfly will suffice then." The Mantis replied, as he finished up and passed the paper construction towards the Lion.

"But Kitsu Nozomi-san?" He nodded to himself. "I suppose i should if guessed that, being as priestess as she is." It would probably be a bit awkward to seek her out for healing though.

"Hai"
Shoan bows her head respectfully as she takes the butterfly, tilting it this way and that before very carefully setting it down between them
"Thank you for the origami Mantis-san. Uh, related to Kitsu-san, how do you feel about Ikebana? Are you in favour, neutral, or opposed?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:54 am 
"Ikebana?" He brought his glass up to his lips and took a sip, the motion giving him a bit of time to consider his answer.

"I would have to say neutral?" Hayato offered after a moment. "It would be nice to have around the house, and I'd accept a piece if it was given to me."

"But I wouldn't especially look forward to it if that makes any sense?" A brief pause. "Are you a fan Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:58 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Ikebana?" He brought his glass up to his lips and took a sip, the motion giving him a bit of time to consider his answer.

"I would have to say neutral?" Hayato offered after a moment. "It would be nice to have around the house, and I'd accept a piece if it was given to me."

"But I wouldn't especially look forward to it if that makes any sense?" A brief pause. "Are you a fan Ikoma-san?"

"Not at all, I actually discussed this exact matter with another samurai. I am ikebana neutral."
Shoan nods slightly as if Hayato had passed some kind of test. Nozomi would have to be informed about his lack of either love or hate for floral arrangements

"As you say, it can make for an attractive gift or house ornament, but the skill itself, as well as the taste of the ikebana, is lost on me."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:55 am 
"Ah, we are the same then." Apparently the test or whatever it was passed, so he smiled to himself as his free hand returned to playing with the inhalator.

The mention of taste caused him to pause, and he raised an eyebrow. "The taste of Ikebana, Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Ah, we are the same then." Apparently the test or whatever it was passed, so he smiled to himself as his free hand returned to playing with the inhalator.

The mention of taste caused him to pause, and he raised an eyebrow. "The taste of Ikebana, Ikoma-san?"

"......"
"....
".."

Shoan sipped her club soda

"Indeed."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:21 am 
It was an effort not to laugh but he managed. "Well, if it's any consolation. I think the taste of ikebana is lost on most."

"You said you were a poet though?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:33 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
It was an effort not to laugh but he managed. "Well, if it's any consolation. I think the taste of ikebana is lost on most."

"You said you were a poet though?"

"Oh no...not a poet, know. I...enjoy poetry, the artistry is obvious and there are rules that help channel expression appropriately. But my poetry is like the taste of Ikebana...."

Looking down into her drink
"I have no talent for it. As a child I tried to rhyme something with 'orange' for weeks. It was a lowpoint of my schooling."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:45 am 
"Well, i'll give you credit at least for attempting an impossible task." Hayato offered not knowing exactly what else to say. "It demonstrates a level of willpower most don't possess."

His words probably wouldn't make her feel any better, but it was something. Hopefully she didn't think he was teasing. "Is there perhaps any poems you especially like though?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:55 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well, i'll give you credit at least for attempting an impossible task." Hayato offered not knowing exactly what else to say. "It demonstrates a level of willpower most don't possess."

His words probably wouldn't make her feel any better, but it was something. Hopefully she didn't think he was teasing. "Is there perhaps any poems you especially like though?"

"Ah, there is one by an Asahina I quite like he had just returned from serving as a healer in a great war."
Which, she reflects, had probably been with the Lion

Reciting from memory
"Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.
Too tired but to stumble.
Thinking and hating were finished
Thinking and fighting were finished
Retreating and hoping were finished.
Cures thus a long campaign,
Making death easy."

Pause
"It has remained with me since I first read it, although it is not teribbly famous."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next