It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: The night watch (Day 4 Early Night)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:44 am 
"I'm more a marksman then a hunter admittedly, though I do hope to do well." There was no way he was holding back if he could avoid it.

That caused him to raise an eyebrow. "I see i'll have to be careful if I venture into tge baths then." There were at least two Matsu here after all. "Ready to defend myself at the drop of a hat as it were."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:50 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I'm more a marksman then a hunter admittedly, though I do hope to do well." There was no way he was holding back if he could avoid it.

That caused him to raise an eyebrow. "I see i'll have to be careful if I venture into tge baths then." There were at least two Matsu here after all. "Ready to defend myself at the drop of a hat as it were."

"Just freeze if a Mastu looks your way, I'm told they can only see movement. Either that or carry around a squirt gun, some dead eyes blasts of water might dissuade them."

Shoan sips from her own glass, as if to demonstrate that she was immune to such water based weaponry
"I'll pray that one of us does well in the hunting then. Although doubtless one clan has sent a samurai who does nothing but hunt."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am 
"Mmmm... i think shooting a Matsu in the eyes would kind of give the wrong impression at a miai." He replied with a soft chuckle. "Plus you seem to be the toughest splash duel opponent here."

"Doubtless, though I'm sure between the two of us we'll make their victory isn't an easy one."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:12 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Mmmm... i think shooting a Matsu in the eyes would kind of give the wrong impression at a miai." He replied with a soft chuckle. "Plus you seem to be the toughest splash duel opponent here."

"Doubtless, though I'm sure between the two of us we'll make their victory isn't an easy one."

"Nakauchi Mumei-san is a worthy splash opponent should you meet her. Water shugenja do tend to have certain advantages I suppose. Still, she was defeated, although only at great cost to the bathhouse."
Shoan pauses for a moment in memory of the towels gone but not forgotten

"We'll give any hunters a real test. And of course, if one of us wins, they have to buy the other a drink of their choice afterwards?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:27 am 
"I'll remember the name." Hayato replied seriously. "And try to spare the bath house any loses if i can." Whatever that really meant.

"Drinks if one of us wins?" It almost sounded like he was being asked out on a date. "That sounds like a plan, Ikoma-san."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I'll remember the name." Hayato replied seriously. "And try to spare the bath house any loses if i can." Whatever that really meant.

"Drinks if one of us wins?" It almost sounded like he was being asked out on a date. "That sounds like a plan, Ikoma-san."

"Excellent. If I win, then I might feel so elated that dancing could even be likely. And if you win....well, you'll just have to think of something."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:47 am 
"I'm sure I will." He already had a thing or two in mind. "At least if I have a bit of time to think on it."

"Honestly though with the talk about dancing it almost seems like my win no matter what the results are." He was likely teasing a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:52 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I'm sure I will." He already had a thing or two in mind. "At least if I have a bit of time to think on it."

"Honestly though with the talk about dancing it almost seems like my win no matter what the results are." He was likely teasing a bit.

"Then you're a fortunate samurai....or perhaps just a very confident one."
Counter tease, deployed.

"It has been...quite pleasant Tsuruchi-san, although I should probably be thinking about returning to my room for now. Although...would you happen to have a number I could reach you on later? If I do win the hunting"
She extracts her densai.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:14 am 
"I've always though a Samurai needs a good deal of confidence. Let's me get away with a few things I shouldn't?"

Taking out his own Densai he pulled up his contact information. "I do, and exchanging numbers seems far more convenient then trying to pass you Origami notes."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:34 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I've always though a Samurai needs a good deal of confidence. Let's me get away with a few things I shouldn't?"

Taking out his own Densai he pulled up his contact information. "I do, and exchanging numbers seems far more convenient then trying to pass you Origami notes."

"Well, if you want to give someone your number via origami....that would actually be a good idea, I might have to use that myself."

Putting away her device after it chirps happily
"Well, I should leave you to your evening Tsuruchi-san, thank you for the company and the conversation it was...engaging, I am sure you will find a fine match at this miai."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 am 
He had already done that, but he didn't exactly need to share that with her did he. "I'll have to remember that one too. I might have to send things other then butterflies though."

"I will have to say the same, it was a pleasure chatting with you this evening, Ikoma-san." He dipped his head in thanks. "I'll look forward to a time we can chat again. Until then, good luck with the miai, I'm sure you're due a fine match too."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:00 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
He had already done that, but he didn't exactly need to share that with her did he. "I'll have to remember that one too. I might have to send things other then butterflies though."

"I will have to say the same, it was a pleasure chatting with you this evening, Ikoma-san." He dipped his head in thanks. "I'll look forward to a time we can chat again. Until then, good luck with the miai, I'm sure you're due a fine match too."

With an amused twinkle in her eye Shoan bows and departs, although a few minutes later an attentive samurai might hear her distant voice as she examined the origami more closely on her way home
"...Confident son of bi-"
But it was dark and she was far away.

((Thanks for the scene :D ))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:19 pm 
((Thanks for the scene.))

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4