It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: (D4, LE) The Rhythm of the Night
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:57 pm 
"I don't see why not. I'll even go on your recommendation again, something I haven't tried before perhaps."

Motioning the Tsuruchi to follow, she heads towards one of the chairs at the bar and takes a seat.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:52 pm 
Hayato folded along, sliding onto the chair beside her. He had noticed the presence of the Unicorn and the Hare both of whom he had chatted with earlier. They seemed to be on a date of some kind after all.

"Trusting me to pick something for you? That's quite daring." Hayato offered with a chuckle, waving the bartender over.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:53 pm 
"Not so daring if you're paying, neh? Worst that could happen is I wouldn't like it, and you'd be out the money."

Tenma sits across from Hayato, kind ofdraping an arm over the back as she crosses her legs.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:01 pm 
"I suppose you're right about that." He paused a moment thinking his choice over. "I believe you were not a fan of too many artificial flavors, no maybe something simple?"

"Like a Negroni?" If they could even make it.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 pm 
Ujina Jin wrote:
Jin nodded, taking another sip of his drink. "Sounds good! I should visit the forest again sometime, haven't been since our arrival." That was fun though. "Oh?" He smirked. "I know the typel. Luckily not too many in the Hare. We prefer competence over genetics." He shrugged in thought, having earned his position. "Have a long list still to go through?" He asked in curiosity.

"I suppose you could say that... I intend to meet with as many miai participants as possible these days, to get a good impression of what sort of candidates the clans have sent. And to make the best choice for my clan. What about you? You're doing the same, no?"

She seemed a little surprised that others weren't doing the same.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:56 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I suppose you could say that... I intend to meet with as many miai participants as possible these days, to get a good impression of what sort of candidates the clans have sent. And to make the best choice for my clan. What about you? You're doing the same, no?"

She seemed a little surprised that others weren't doing the same.

Jin nodded in understanding, taking another sip, and then removing his jacket and scarf. "Hai, that makes sense. I'm also meeting a few people, though I could spend time with more." He frowned a bit. "I am trying to...look for a potential spouse I can imagine in the Hare." He chuckled nervously. "That's quite basic, I know. I just don't see many options for me to marry out, and in case my spouse joins the clan, I want to be sure there won't be any issues. They can find a duty they would like to, or if they want to manage the household, feel free to do it."

He glanced towards the dance area. "Mhm, want to dance a bit?"

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:22 pm 
"It certainly is a difficult field to navigate - to find a match that is harmonious and also beneficial to our lords." She at least didn't have any intention of choosing a match she thought would be poor in terms of matrimonial harmony. An Ice Queen, yes, but the clan wasn't served by a couple that can't work together.

Taking another sip of her drink, she gave a nod. "Yes. Let's hit the dance-floor. Got to get some work out today as today's contest was only talking."

Rising, she smoothed out the fabric of her outfit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:26 pm 
Jin stood up, having got ridden of at least some of the outfit. Feeling nervous, he tried to fake confidence, he started moving towards the dance floor. "They played some Usagi Drop the other night. Hopefully we'll have some today."

He started dancing, and it was...surprisingly fluid, compared to what happened a few days ago.

D4 Le Fluff dance roll, how not to be a dork, untrained: 3d10 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:01 am 
Following him to the dance-floor, it showed that Hyeon's outfit was well-suited to movement and dancing, restricting very little of her on the dancefloor. It seemed that the Ice Queen enjoyed herself when it came to the dance, even if she was not a professional dancer, but she got the moves to fit in with the crowd.

Usagi Drop! wasn't playing, but there was some good dance remixes of Heavenly 9 being played that made it a good atmosphere and beat for fun dancing.

"You a fan of Usagi Drop?" she asked as they danced, her voice even louder now to carry over the music.

---------

D4 LE EVERYBODY DANCE NOW! Untrained Perform: Dance: 3d10 16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:03 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Following him to the dance-floor, it showed that Hyeon's outfit was well-suited to movement and dancing, restricting very little of her on the dancefloor. It seemed that the Ice Queen enjoyed herself when it came to the dance, even if she was not a professional dancer, but she got the moves to fit in with the crowd.

Usagi Drop! wasn't playing, but there was some good dance remixes of Heavenly 9 being played that made it a good atmosphere and beat for fun dancing.

"You a fan of Usagi Drop?" she asked as they danced, her voice even louder now to carry over the music.

---------

D4 LE EVERYBODY DANCE NOW! Untrained Perform: Dance: 3d10 16

Jin smirked. "Kind of mandatory in my unit. We usually sing to the tunes. Badly." He let out a laugh at the memory, and remember his fallen comrades. He let out a sigh, and forced himself to focus on the samurai-ko in front of him. Come on Jin!

He tried matching his movements to her. "I recall you like Yakumo. Anything else you like?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:34 am 
"Yakumo... Heavenly 9... The Hu, that's a Unicorn group, probably not known outside of our media... Whitepink, also Unicorn group..." given how tightly controlled the media was in each clan's space, there was a lot of artists that never made it outside of their respective clans in terms of fame.

"The Hu's pretty popular among the Moto, lots of them sing their songs when they're off-duty and drinking. Are you a music-fan in general, or...?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:44 am 
Hin nodded as he danced alongside the music, his voice hoarse from the yelling. "Sometimes. I vary it up, sometimes I listen to music when not on deployment, or play some baseball, or some Fantasy Fight." He shrugged, the movement odd while he was trying to dance. "Sometimes we just go out and have some fun. You? Besides music anything else you like to do?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:35 am 
This was a hard conversation to keep on the dancefloor, but not long after, the music changed to something calmer.

"Well... I like reading, working out, dancing, maybe going hunting if there's some interesting wildlife to explore... I've tried karaoke a few times, but I'm not a good singer. Don't know if you've tried it?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:36 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I suppose you're right about that." He paused a moment thinking his choice over. "I believe you were not a fan of too many artificial flavors, no maybe something simple?"

"Like a Negroni?" If they could even make it.

Tenma notices the two moving to the dance floor as well, recognizing the Hare that she'd sparred with the other day, but she didn't recognize the woman he was with. They both were looking pretty good in what they'd decided to wear to the club, then again...

She turns back to Hayato, "I've heard of that of course, but never tried one. So I'm game, if you think it'll live up to your standards for it here. I suppose it's mostly the sort of stuff they would have though, no?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:38 am 
Bayushi Tenma wrote:
Tenma notices the two moving to the dance floor as well, recognizing the Hare that she'd sparred with the other day, but she didn't recognize the woman he was with. They both were looking pretty good in what they'd decided to wear to the club, then again...

She turns back to Hayato, "I've heard of that of course, but never tried one. So I'm game, if you think it'll live up to your standards for it here. I suppose it's mostly the sort of stuff they would have though, no?"

"Well, its about all spirits so it's not like we will have to deal with a lot of syrup or the flavor of the juices the use here." Whicjmh would likely be a plus.

He placed the order to the bartender and waited for the man to walk away before continuing. "So, should I ask you a question you've likely heard already? Or do you have another bit on conversation in mind?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:31 pm 
Jin nodded, also now realizing his approach to talking while dancing might be...difficult. The music slowed down, and so did his own movements. "I can see. You're a pretty good dancer!" He half-shouted. "Not yet, but tomorrow evening we're going to karaoke with a few of the shuttle buddies." He smiled, already picturing Hide being all nervous around Eriko, and let out a chuckle. "Don't think I'll be a good singer either way. My brother is amazing though. When he gets in his cups enough."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:56 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well, its about all spirits so it's not like we will have to deal with a lot of syrup or the flavor of the juices the use here." Which would likely be a plus.

He placed the order to the bartender and waited for the man to walk away before continuing. "So, should I ask you a question you've likely heard already? Or do you have another bit on conversation in mind?"

"Her eyebrows went up a little, slightly lifting her mask up her nose as well, "A question I've likely heard before? Color me intrigued. I'd love to hear it."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm 
"That's what you're intrigued by?" He chuckled and shook his head. "It's nothing too supring though, so I hope you're not disappointed."

An amused smile was still on his lips as he tried to match his eyes to hers. "So Bayushi-sama, how are you finding the Miai?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 pm 
She blinked, "...see, I would be less surprised by that if you were not literally the first person to ask me that since I arrived. ...I am unsure I have an answer since I was not expecting the question."

Tenma'd picked up a toothpick and was twirling it in her fingers like a baton without looking down at it, "...I take it you have an answer on hand if I were to turn the question back on you Tsuruchi-san?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:35 pm 
It was his time to blink. "Now I'm wanting to know how you've managed to avoid hearing that question at least half a dozen times." Was it some sort of Scorpion technique he had never heard of?

"Well, more or less? I have the one I give most people, though that's more or less only my positive opinion of the miai and not exactly the whole truth of matter."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next