It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: (D4, LE) The Rhythm of the Night
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am 
She'd had a few days off, but after a long day of being a bit more conservative in what she'd done, Fusako needed a night of dancing. She broke out one of her favorites for the occasion, and as soon as she arrived at Kayama, she hit the dance floor. It was a bit distracted for her usual, but she still danced well enough, and it slowly took her mind away to her own, happy place.

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

Post subject: Re: (D4, LE) The Rhythm of the Night
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:36 pm 
Being a simple woman, Tenma had a little black dress that matched her little black mask. Nothing fancy, but not too hard to dance if for how she liked to dance; Which was not, altogether, very professionally. Perhaps copying what she'd done in the video game yesterday wasn't the most appropriate for an actual dancefloor.

Not that she knew that, and she was having fun regardless.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:01 pm 
Hayato arrived a bit earlier to the club then usual, he was after all supposed to 'play hard'. Which meant a little more dancing and alcohol then he might otherwise partake in, or at least that was the excuse he had made for himself in his mind.

The Mantis was dressed well, or at least better then usual in a light brown vest over a off white button down shirt. He lacked any sort of tie though, having elected to leave the top two buttons of his shirt open. His gaze drifted across the room as he made his way towards the bar, likely intending to get a little something to drink before he hit the floor.

Though he paused as he recognized a familar woman on the floor, and decided to change destinations half way there. "Bayushi-san." He offered with a easy smile as he came near. "Decided to takethe chance to shake your thing?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:51 pm 
It seemed that the club was also packed, as a tall Minor Clan bushi was inside as well. Feeling slightly nervous in his new clothes, he was nonetheless ready to give it his all. Hopefully it'll be enough.

He eyed the cocktails, but didn't order anything yet. Time for that later.

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 pm 
Jin might've caught a glimpse of her at the Rumble Slam show earlier, with her vibrant makeup in pink and green in sharp colors, and turqoise-colored fake-crystals underneath one eye. Which complimented her choice of outfit well, a modern and hip twist on the hanbok of old, with splashes of colors and decorative tassels added on.

"Ujina-san," she raised her voice to carry over the music, giving a wave to the Hare samurai as she approached.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:05 pm 
"Ah Utaku-san!" Jin bowed to the Unicorn samurai-ko as she arrived. "You look quite lovely tonight." Jim himself was wearing an outfit that was an interesting mix of old and new. "Would you like something to drink?" As he asked, his own voice was raised in response.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:51 pm 
His outfit was met with a discerning look before she spoke, and she felt herself torn between approving of the aesthetic, thinking it looked too cumbersome to dance in, and looked way too hot to be wearing on this planet.

"Thank you. You look quite fashionable yourself... though I look forward to seeing you dance in it. And a drink sounds good, yes, I'll have the Matcha Made'n'Heaven."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:49 am 
Dance? Oh yes, he's supposed to dance in this. Damn! Mumei, why didn't you think of this?!

"Well, it's a recent acquisition, so I'm sure it'll be a bit strange at first." He held up two fingers to the bartender. "Two Matcha Made'n'Heaven, arigatou." He glanced back at her smiling. "How have you been since we last spoke?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:56 am 
"Sounds like a challenge," she smirked dryly with some amusement, perhaps finding it funny that the Hare had dressed up in something to impress without thinking it through.

"Mm, been good, I suppose. Yesterday's biathlon was fun and I look forward to more challenges like that. And less like the one today." Even if she had been on the top-side of the scale for today instead of in the middle of the pack like yesterday. "And the show earlier tonight. That was quite something." Hyeon-ju nodded approvingly of the wrestling match.

"And yourself? What has it been like for you since we last spoke?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:02 am 
"Ah yes, I've been told by reliable sources I might be in need of some new fashion choices." He chuckled. Hide did not exactly say that. "Ah yes, you've done great there! It was a fun exercise. Today's was very Phoenix-like. I understand their point. I think. Still, if I'm involved, we're past peace, usually. Except for that one time I guess..."

He recalled a weird contract, but he was young then. "Ah yes...wow. I have only seen some shows in the past, and never live. What about you?" He raised his long arms to pick up the two drinks as they were passed over. Ah, the perks of height.

He gestured towards the bar, and then towards a free table, asking about her preference. "Well, there was some excitement yesterday, when a pair of reavers tried to eat a child near the farms." He frowned. "Luckily Bayushi-san, Kuchiki-san, Murame-san and myself were able to slay them before anything bad happened.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:10 am 
"I've only seen a couple of matches like that when on the station. It makes for good entertainment among the soldiers, a lot of shouting and excitement overall. I kind of like the traditional sumai of old though... something compelling about all the ancient rituals they still do."

She looked at him with interest and somewhat wide eyes. "You fought some big monsters to save a child? Do elaborate."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:12 am 
Jin smiled. "I think I've seen a traditional match once on vid, but that's it." She started leading her to a free table for two.

"Well, not much to elaborate. We were there on a tour, when we heard about a missing child. We went looking, and found a pair of lizardthings trying to get at him behind a fungal stalk. We drew their attention, and shot them up till they died." He frowned. "Granted, not much of the shooting was mine. Missed all but one shot." That still annoyed him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:30 am 
Sitting down by the table, even as she crossed her legs and leaned back in the chair, there was almost something military and proper-like about her movements and posture.

"Wow... still, impressive." She nodded approvingly of the short tale. Short and efficient, just enough detail that she needed. "Even if you missed, you succeeded in saving the child, and stopping a threat to the populace. Well done. Not everyone would have the courage to face down some... lizard-things. Probably giant ones too, knowing this planet."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:33 am 
"Eh....they were fairly big, but well, we had radiant sidearms." He shrugged, then took a sip, his eyes lingering on her smooth movements. He himself sat straight. "I am a bushi, it is my Duty to fight if I can help others. Not much to it." Perhaps the lighting in the club hid his blush. "Had a chance to fly somewhere on this planet?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:55 am 
She took a sip of her own drink, finding the taste... interesting. They were certainly pretty clever with their ideas for drinks in this place.

"Actually, I did. Flew one of those ornithopters yesterday myself. Daigotsu Shokomaru wanted someone to fly him out there," Heavens knew why, "and Matsu Chiyoko and Daidoji Ishiyo were along for the trip as well. It was... well, an ornithopter is no real machine in comparison to a fighter, or even a plane. Still, it was good to be airborne again." Hyeon-ju almost sounded a bit pleased as she said that. "And the nature out there was also very impressive. Saw a nine foot long centipede."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:56 am 
"Nine foot? My god." He chuckled. "Sounds...interesting. At least it doesn't eat children, I guess." He also took a sip, enjoying the taste. "Nice..I'm a guy of simple tastes, but wanted to try something local."

He put the glass down. "How was the trip? Any luck with assessing them as hopefuls?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:53 am 
"Trip was fine. Smooth flight out, not messing with the local wildlife, had a lunch and some talk, before looking around some more and then flying back." She looked thoughtful as she sipped her drink.

"I suppose it did help me some in narrowing down things some more for me. The Daigotsu is certainly off my list now. Inherited his position with no real skill or talent - such doesn't interest me. The Unicorn believe in deeds through actions."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:22 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato arrived a bit earlier to the club then usual, he was after all supposed to 'play hard'. Which meant a little more dancing and alcohol then he might otherwise partake in, or at least that was the excuse he had made for himself in his mind.

The Mantis was dressed well, or at least better then usual in a light brown vest over a off white button down shirt. He lacked any sort of tie though, having elected to leave the top two buttons of his shirt open. His gaze drifted across the room as he made his way towards the bar, likely intending to get a little something to drink before he hit the floor.

Though he paused as he recognized a familar woman on the floor, and decided to change destinations half way there. "Bayushi-san." He offered with a easy smile as he came near. "Decided to takethe chance to shake your thing?"

"You know it."

Despite the flippant remark Tenma gives a somewhat formal bow.

"Less crowded today, and I've had less to drink. Figured it was a good combination. ...think I could use a drink and a chat though, if you'd like to join me again? I found your insights quite interesting last time."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:58 pm 
Jin nodded, taking another sip of his drink. "Sounds good! I should visit the forest again sometime, haven't been since our arrival." That was fun though. "Oh?" He smirked. "I know the typel. Luckily not too many in the Hare. We prefer competence over genetics." He shrugged in thought, having earned his position. "Have a long list still to go through?" He asked in curiosity.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:56 pm 
Bayushi Tenma wrote:
"You know it."

Despite the flippant remark Tenma gives a somewhat formal bow.

"Less crowded today, and I've had less to drink. Figured it was a good combination. ...think I could use a drink and a chat though, if you'd like to join me again? I found your insights quite interesting last time."

"I'm not sure I'd ever forgive myself if I turned down an invitation like that from a lovely young woman at a miai." Hayato replied, returnign her bow with a respectful one of his own.

"So it'd be my pleasure to share a drink and a chat with you Bayushi-sama." He offered her a easy smile. "You'll allow me to treat you to at least the first one, won't you?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next