It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: (D4, LE) The Rhythm of the Night
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:22 pm 
"It sounds like we should finish our drinks and talk while we dance then." Hayato repleid with a soft chuckle. "Unless drinking and chatting count as something, and not nothing?"

There was a slight smile of his lips as he watched her, ratehr cruious what her answer might be.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:05 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I don't know... I usually want to sing Yakumo songs. Or Heavenly 9. Maybe I should try those Usagi Drop! songs that you've been belting out with your crew?" she smirked a little behind her glass.

Jin smirked. "Well, how about I make this easy for you. We both sing Usagi Drop, and I'll sing a song of your choice in return. Let's see if I can ruin it for you." He smirked, then his ears twitched. "In fact... I think.....is that a Yakumo song they're putting up?"

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:06 am 
Putting down her empty glass, she paused to listen... indeed, it was a Yakumo-song, from the album of her Imperial tour.

She had often wondered how Yakumo got that one past the Imperial censors who no doubt reviewed each song-lyric carefully, but perhaps the Miya had seen the appeal in allowing a bit more sex appeal to play up to the image of the Spider Idol.

"That sounds like a deal," she gave a small smirk. "I will warn you though, I don't know their lyrics that well, and I've been told I sound like a wounded horse crying for help when I sing."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:11 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Putting down her empty glass, she paused to listen... indeed, it was a Yakumo-song, from the album of her Imperial tour.

She had often wondered how Yakumo got that one past the Imperial censors who no doubt reviewed each song-lyric carefully, but perhaps the Miya had seen the appeal in allowing a bit more sex appeal to play up to the image of the Spider Idol.

"That sounds like a deal," she gave a small smirk. "I will warn you though, I don't know their lyrics that well, and I've been told I sound like a wounded horse crying for help when I sing."

Jin stood up, and extended a hand towards Hyeon-ju, in case she wanted to take it. He smiled at what he heard from the lyrics. "Well, I've never heard a horse's sound, neither living nor wounded, so at least I'll learn what it sounds like? Also, isn't the fun of karaoke making half the lyrics up?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:52 am 
As a Unicorn, she had no trouble with accepting a hand. She did find it a surprising gesture from the Hare, though.

"I thought the point to karaoke was to sing the lyrics as shown on the screen...?" she said a touch dryly, following him to the dancefloor again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:37 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
As a Unicorn, she had no trouble with accepting a hand. She did find it a surprising gesture from the Hare, though.

"I thought the point to karaoke was to sing the lyrics as shown on the screen...?" she said a touch dryly, following him to the dancefloor again.

Jin gladly accepted the hand, Hyeon-ju was a pretty lady after all, and not like he was a stick in the mud! Unless the drop went wrong...

"Usually it is. If you want to get creative though..." he shrugged. "You can't always read quickly enough after enough cups"

He tried guiding their movements in sync to the song through his hand, dancing together. Maybe it was even good! Or not terrible!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"It sounds like we should finish our drinks and talk while we dance then." Hayato repleid with a soft chuckle. "Unless drinking and chatting count as something, and not nothing?"

There was a slight smile of his lips as he watched her, rather cruious what her answer might be.

"Hm... now, that depends on how engaging the drinks and conversations are, now doesn't it? Or how interesting the conversational partner is. The drink? A good recommendation. The conversation? Basic but interesting. The partner? Perhaps more fascinating than I should rightfully find them, but I trust my gut in this case."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 am 
"It's improtant to trust your gut in these situations." He replied with an amused smile. "Though I think sayign so is just selling my own case. Hayatoo lifted his drink to his lips and took a sip. "You're a magistrate though if I recall?

"What's that like among the Scorpion, just about the same as everywhere else, or?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"It's improtant to trust your gut in these situations." He replied with an amused smile. "Though I think sayign so is just selling my own case. Hayatoo lifted his drink to his lips and took a sip. "You're a magistrate though if I recall?

"What's that like among the Scorpion, just about the same as everywhere else, or?"

"I like to think the Scorpion are more pragmatic about the law than most, though perhaps the Bounty Hunters or Kuni forces could be called even more so? Regardless, Lord Saibankan's teachings are about controlling the situation with presence and force rather than negotiation or deduction like the Crane, Unicorn, or Dragon traditions. I realize it probably has it's limitations, but we live in an Empire where authority and power can be very flexible indeed."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am 
"That's an honest answer, which was all I was asking for." He eyed the Scorpion for a moment. "Though i don't think I've ever considered you using force to handle a situation."

He flashed her a warm smile. "A failing on my part perhaps. You're a lovely young woman after all, but I suppose the grace you show on the dance floor also has its uses in the dojo."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:21 am 
A soft snicker of amusement left her lips, "I can assure you, I'm no shirking wallflower. I suppose I mostly depend on precision more than brute force in my techniques, but I've still out arm wrestled my share of Bayushi Bushi who get a bit cocky because I'm just a little magistrate."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am 
"Cute and strong?" His eys shifted to his bicep as he flexed. "I suppose I have little protection aganist you then Bayushi-sama. At least in the close confines of the gym."

The mantis' tone was a litle playful as a slight smile made it's way across his lips. "I may have to try other angle of attack."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:54 am 
"That's what I have my own sniper rifle for. Then again, Tsuruchi-san is hardly a criminal, so I would probably go gently on you, neh?"

She was being a little teasing, it was true, though Tenma was careful about hurting civvies, samurai or not.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm 
"One wouldn't think that you have much use for that in fighting, crime. I suppose there are times when it's needed e
Though."

His smile was playful as he watched the Scorpion. "Still I'd be careful about going easy on me."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:34 pm 
Ujina Jin wrote:
Jin gladly accepted the hand, Hyeon-ju was a pretty lady after all, and not like he was a stick in the mud! Unless the drop went wrong...

"Usually it is. If you want to get creative though..." he shrugged. "You can't always read quickly enough after enough cups"

He tried guiding their movements in sync to the song through his hand, dancing together. Maybe it was even good! Or not terrible!

The Hare sounded like the type to get drunk easily. Or they just drank a lot more among the drop-troopers. Or maybe both.

The dancing at least was decent, from both of them. Nothing to write home about, but it was no competition here right now - just two people dancing and having fun.

/fade out to dancing?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:24 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"One wouldn't think that you have much use for that in fighting, crime. I suppose there are times when it's needed e
Though."

His smile was playful as he watched the Scorpion. "Still I'd be careful about going easy on me."

"Well, I wouldn't dream of treating a fellow samurai with kids' gloves, if that's what you mean. I respect we're all adults here with training and such, even if there are some courtier types as well, surprisingly. I know the Scorpion certainly didn't send any, since the Phoenix hadn't seemed interested."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:52 am 
"That is a bit surprising, but you're right. Though honestly I've only seen a couple of your clan around." And she was the only one he had talked with.

"Maybe three of you in total?" It was hsrd to recall.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 am 
She seemed to think a second, "...I was told there were four of us in total by the local bureaucracy, and I had the opportunity to meet two of those other three. But that was just some brief tea, and I never did meet the Shosuro. Just our solider and... Oh, come to think of it, the other was an artist, so perhaps I was wrong about my Clan only sending bushi. Hm."

Tenma thought a bit longer before shaking her head, "If you could not tell, the Scorpion effort here was hardly a coordinated one."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:03 am 
"The Mantis one likely isn't much better, though there are only two of us here." Less then any of the great clans save the Dragon. "Moshi-san and I get together to chat a bit. Thats about as far as coordination goes though."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:06 am 
"Hm. And here I thought the Mantis had a lot they wanted out of this particular miai, more so than any other Clan in fact. Perhaps I am wrong?"

She wasn't asking for Clan secrets, but perhaps Hayato might have some insight.

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next