It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: (D4, LE) The Rhythm of the Night
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:26 am 
"That would be a bit of a surprise to me, Bayushi-sama. It's not like we are on the best of terms with our hosts."

He leaned back in his seat, and studied the Scorpion for a moment. She had amazing legs, nit that his gaze lingered on them for more then a moment. "I am curious on your insights on the matter though, if you don't mind sharing."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:41 am 
She crossed said legs as she stirred her drink thoughtfully, "...well, my impression is it's when one is not on the best of terms that one needs easy gains. With the Phoenix being relatively neutral in the spat between the Lion and Mantis, in many respects, I would think it would be in one's best interest to see them on your side. Or, perhaps more importantly, not swayed to the other. Everyone knows the Phoenix are looking for some sort of protection from their enemies, no?"

That left things open that the Phoenix problem had nothing to do with the Mantis. Which could be entirely possible, despite the rumors, after all.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:33 am 
"You make a valid point, Bayushi-sama. It seems it was a mistake of mine to not put more effort into meeting them." He'd probably need to try and remedy it if he could. Though he wouldn't be surprised if most of that clan already had other plans.

He offered the woman a warm smile. "You've got rather keen insight. Though I suppose I should expect no less form a magistrate."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:31 pm 
"I wish I were really a magistrate; Being more independent, having the authority to judge criminals, being able to work with other authorities... maybe even an Emerald Magistrate one day, perhaps."

She let out a wistful sigh.

"...mmm. Not that I don't realize that I'm still young, and should take things one day at a time."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:11 pm 
"Promotion come to those that put in hard work and dedication. I'm sure that it will be only a matter of time." The woman already seemed to have some of the skills down after all.

He glanced her way and smiled. "I'd ask how old you are, but im told by my sisters thats the type of thing one never asks a lady. So maybe instead your favorite color? Since we're trying to get to knkw each other?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:29 am 
"Hmph, your sisters are entitled to their opinions I suppose, but I'm eighteen; I have no reason to hide that. As to my favorite color, that would be black. I don't think there's any real reason behind that other than I like it's purity and clean soothingness in a way that other colors don't have on the eyes."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:46 am 
"Its purity?" He asked his eyebrow lifted in curiosity. "I don't think i've ever heard black described like that. Still i suppose that explainsthe color of your dress."

"I like grey myself, which probably seems rather conceited when you take into account that its the color of my eyes."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:50 am 
"Perhaps I think of space and the night sky when I think of purity; The Void, as is were, an interconnectedness that comes from emptying one's mind and living in the moment. It's probably not really so grand as that and I overthink things. Maybe someone just said I looked good in black one time and I subconsciously took to it. As to what you said... I'm not actually a big fan of red. I..."

Tenma paused momentarily with a frown before continuing.

"I suppose I do not dislike it. Crimson at least. But bright red is not really my thing."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:41 am 
"I thought that might be what you were getting at, and I think i can see it." Hayato smirked. "Though i can also confirm you look good in black, so thats likely little help."

"Not a fan of red though? I suppose you do see it every day." He looked at her for a moment. "You haven't considered dying your hair then, have you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:56 am 
"I've considered it. It was dyed black for a while there, but my gymnastics coach convinced me not to do so; Said it made the routine more distinctive. I guess I've been too busy to think about dying it back to black again. Besides, it's harder to take care of like that, and I don't want to spend the time worrying about it so much. Still, if you think I look good in black..."

Tenma trailed off thoughtfully before giving a light shrug.

"I doubt the miai would be the best place to dye it though, what with staying in a dorm."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:08 am 
His eyes flicked down, he definetly wasn't taking another gander at her legs. "I was refering to your dress." He replied with a easy smile. "I for one would stick with the red hair, it makes you stand out." Never a bad thing at a miai.

"But you have a gymnastics instructor? Do you find that sort of training useful for your duties?" All he really knew about gymnastics was it was kinda nice to watch and it made the girls who did it ratehr bendy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 am 
"Had. I had one. And I suppose it's come in handy; Harder to a criminal to get away over a fence if you can just vault over it with ease. Or balance on a board between two roofs. ...and it's easier to balance the tea when you bring a tray in at the precinct, neh? More realistically... not as often as I'd like, really. It's more helpful on the dance floor than the every day stuff a magistrate needs to deal with, at least that I've seen; Can't flip my way through paperwork or balance my way through an interrogation."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:27 am 
"Well I suppose what's importnat is if you enjoy it, not everything we do is for our duty after all." He picked up his glass and swirled the contents before taking a sip, imagining the womans lithe form running across the rooftops.

He shook his head and chcukled. "Sotty, I just can't the image out of my head of you dashing about the town chasing criminals in that dress of yours. You've probably got a uniform you wear for that kind of activity though."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:28 pm 
She chuckled, "A couple different uniforms, hai. I'll admit, I only brought one of them, and this certainly isn't it. Only a cheesy vid-drama would have a cop on duty in something like this, unless they were undercover or something. And I am most certainly off the clock while I'm here in Phoenix space."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:29 pm 
"Mmm...." He looked her over for a moment. "Can't say i see you as the undercover type even if you were on duty. Course I could be wrong there."

"You just take me as more an action star then someone in a drama. More high kicks and less chase scenes." He observed wisely.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:59 am 
"It's definitely what I'd prefer; Spying and informing is for doshin and paying peasants, not good honest Samurai work."

Or the Shosuro actors, but Tenma actually knew little to nothing about them.

"What about you though? I don't think I have gotten an impression of what sorts of things you prefer; Action, dancing, talking... that sort of thing."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:11 am 
"I'm generally a fan of good company." The Mantis replied with a shrug. "Though maybe interesting company might be a better description?"

"I don't mind trying new things, and I can find fun doing just about anything. Though I suppose reading isn't really my thing." Not that he hated books per se.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:17 am 
"Hai. Imagination is all well and good, but experience is always more satisfying to me. Even movies... not so much my thing. Games though. Or music. One because you get to be part of the experience, the other because you can do things while you listen to it."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:10 am 
"I take it you're a arcade master then?" Hayato asked raising an eyebrow. "I see what you mean though, and it does go along with what you've already told me."

"I admit i'm a fan of music as well, but that's likely half because you can easily take it with you out on the field."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:20 am 
"That's my point! Working out, on the beat, doing paperwork... not many duties that can't be livened up by a set of headphones, provided you don't need to be listening to something, or for something. As far as video games... I suppose I spent a good deal of time in my local arcade growing up; A lot of pinball and Streets of Thunder 2. They had a skiball machine too, saved up enough tickets there for some neat stuff, certainly more than the phone case I won here earlier."

She showed him the Streets of Thunder 4 comm case after slipping it out of her handbag.

"Oh yeah. Communicators; I'd forgotten."

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next