It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: The Music of the Night (D5, EN, Open)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:21 pm 
Quote:

I kept racing down the stormy highway, searching
For the whereabouts of my interrupted dream
Letting all my lies and bitter illusions
Blow off my back, with the wind

Tsugiharu entered Kayama once more. He wasn't really looking to dance or drink. Just looking to spend the night enjoying the music of the djs. Whether or not more than that would happen remained to be seen.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

Post subject: Re: The Music of the Night (D5, EN, Open)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:56 am 
Hyeon-ju on the other hand was there to dance and drink. This time she didn't have a date when coming here, and right now she preferred it that way. The talk with Yul earlier had left her feeling a little burned out on 'date'...

Wearing her heavily embellished top with loose fitting harem-pants to go with, and a light jacket over her shoulders, the Utaku strode into the club confidently going to the bar to order herself a drink.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 am 
There was a bit of a fuss and some laughter from the stage. The DJs had recognized a minor offworld talent... Well, the guy who had exploded some chopsticks across the bar when Moto Ruhe had performed a few nights earlier. Apparently there was going to be some impromptu live music again tonight!

After the epic day he'd had Koseki had decided it was a good night to smoke, drink, or otherwise substance-abuse his cares away. So it was a bit of a surprise to find himself dragged up onto the stage with a few others and sat down in front of the most expensive drum kit he'd seen outside of vidcasts. Some hurried conversations and a heavy dose of shrugging took place before the band settled down.

"Huh, okay then. Hi there. I'm Hotaru Koseki. Are you ready to dance?" He was waiting for a cheer, which came, but was a bit tentative. "Look, I can blow your ear drums out later, just groove will ya?"

He nodded to the other performers they'd assembled and it all turned out surprisingly well...even with an improvised Death Metal Drum solo to finish.

D5. Perform: Drums/Agility. Fluff roll, bring it orokos. 1CR. TN20: 4d10o10k3 29

Song here for flavour: Groove damn you!

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:13 am 
Tsugiharu noted the pretty Unicorn hitting the bar...but given what he'd heard about Unicorn he judged contact with her to be pointless and unpleasant.

The Firefly on stage though...that was a performance worth paying attention to.

"Hm, he really can drum, I'll give him that." he said to no one in particular.

He looked over at the bartender.

"Hey bartender, send that drummer a drink. He's earned it." he ordered.

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:16 am 
With a drink in hand, Hyeon-ju turned around in response to the noise coming from the stage, watching the process of setting up this performance.

She sipped the shochu as the music began to play. It was... different from the music she was used to. Different kind of rythm and beat. But it was nice. She approved, and joined the others there on the dancefloor, trying to find her groove with the beat.

The skill wasn't quite there to move to the unusual (to her ears) music, but the enthusiasm to move on the dancefloor was there at least.

------

D5 EN Fluff Dancing roll. Untrained Dance/Agility: 3d10 13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:42 am 
Given that his usual audience was a miner's bar it was quite different being the centre of attention in a massive club like this. It was pretty gratifying to see people actually dancing to the music. They played another and by the time he stepped down from the stage a sense of mild euphoria had settled into his bones. "I needed that."

He gave a nod to the attractive Unicorn with the unusual dance moves. "Thanks for dancing. I'm glad you enjoyed it." Yes and she's too good for you boy. That's an Utaku or I'm...still alive.

He blinked when the server appeared with a drink for him, passing right through ghost dad. "Hmm? For me? Oh. That's mighy generous. Who do I thank?" There was a gesture towards the Spider at the bar. Koseki raised his glass in salute and was about to say something but the DJs started up again and it was lost in the music.

Indicating to the Unicorn that he was headed for the bar if she wanted to chat, Koseki set off looking for his benefactor.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 am 
Hotaru Koseki wrote:
Given that his usual audience was a miner's bar it was quite different being the centre of attention in a massive club like this. It was pretty gratifying to see people actually dancing to the music. They played another and by the time he stepped down from the stage a sense of mild euphoria had settled into his bones. "I needed that."

He gave a nod to the attractive Unicorn with the unusual dance moves. "Thanks for dancing. I'm glad you enjoyed it." Yes and she's too good for you boy. That's an Utaku or I'm...still alive.

He blinked when the server appeared with a drink for him, passing right through ghost dad. "Hmm? For me? Oh. That's mighy generous. Who do I thank?" There was a gesture towards the Spider at the bar. Koseki raised his glass in salute and was about to say something but the DJs started up again and it was lost in the music.

Indicating to the Unicorn that he was headed for the bar if she wanted to chat, Koseki set off looking for his benefactor.

Tsugiharu offered a seated bow at the approach of the firefly.

"Nice set, samurai-san." he offered. "Kuchiki Tsugiharu of The Hive, a pleasure to have heard you play."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:08 am 
Her drink empty, Hyeon-ju was a little surprised that the performer was nodding to her and indicating that he was going to the bar.

Well. She needed a refill anyway herself.

A Spider though. Well, so far they had been two perfectly fine ones, and two less so - would be quite the coin toss to see where this one ended up.

"Good evening, minna-san," she gave a curt bow, moving to join in at the bar to the side of them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:04 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu offered a seated bow at the approach of the firefly.

"Nice set, samurai-san." he offered. "Kuchiki Tsugiharu of The Hive, a pleasure to have heard you play."

Koseki gave the Spider a polite bow in return and smiled.

"Thank you Kuchiki-san, glad you enjoyed it! You know, I hadn't met any of your people yet since getting here, or ever really. Here's to that Spider-Firefly trade deal." He raised the glass in a toast.

Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Good evening, minna-san," she gave a curt bow, moving to join in at the bar to the side of them.

He moved to accommodate the Utaku's arrival and gave her a bow too. "Good evening, and thanks for dancing. Makes it all worth while when you can help people find something to groove to. I met Moto Ruhe-san here a few nights ago and he inspired me to pick up my sticks again. Feels good to be playing again."

A friendly smile was offered to the pair, the three of them together making for an unlikely group.

"Hotaru Koseki, of the Firefly Explorer Corps. Pleasure to meet you both." A nod to the bartender. "Whatever they're having is on me."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:12 am 
"Utaku Hyeon-ju, hohei of the 7th Sky Rider Wing. A pleasure," she nodded to acknowledge them both. Then looked to the bartender, placing in another order for shochu.

"Ruhe-san is quite the talent when it comes to music. Even when he uses it to make people agree to a peace treaty," the Utaku smirked briefly, proud of her kinsman's showing in the competition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 am 
Hyeon-ju? Wasn't that the Unicorn who couldn't ride?

"To prosperity for both our clans, Hotaru-san." he offered returning the toast.

He sipped his drink.

"Hm, Moto-san seems to be a man of many talents, and deep passions. I would suspect that the matchmakers look at him quite favorably." he commented.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:07 pm 
"As they should," she nodded, feeling rather proud of her fellow Unicorn. "He is a credit to the Moto and the Shinjo he trained with; a man who lives life to the fullest and finds joy in many things."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 pm 
Koseki's father looked smug when the Unicorn confirmed she was an Utaku. Hah, told you!

The Firefly took a gulp of the drink and seemed pleased with the effect. "Good choice Kuchiki-san, nice flavour."

He nodded in agreement with the praise for Ruhe. "Seems he's a peacemaker as well as a future legend of Death Metal. I'm sharing a room with Moto Ganbold-san, and I met Shinjo Yul-san yesterday at the wrestling. Also fine samurai."

Another sip of the drink and he started drumming his fingers. "So, how are you both finding the miai?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:11 am 
Tsugiharu considered the question.

"Hmm, about as I expected, though there have been some surprises. The Crane and the Mantis have been quite pleasant to spend time with. There has been a bit more danger than I was expecting though. Nothing unmanageable, but I've found certain events such as the xeno-ikebana....surprising." he responded.

"And yourself, Hotaru-san?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 am 
"It's been an interesting experience, meeting members of the other clans... but mostly I've been enjoying the different challenges the hosts are presenting to us, and the chance to explore a bit on a frontier world." The Utaku spoke, her tone polite, though with a hint of thrill to it. She at least was enjoying trekking through fungus-forests.

Picking up her glass of shochu, she looked to the Firefly for his reply.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:34 am 
He nodded along and sipped his drink, waiting to hear from them both. A slow breath out covered his own excitement, partially at least.

"Well, it was so great to be invited. I'm really enjoying meeting people from all the clans. Most have never met a Firefly, and I'd only met Imperials, some minor clanners, and a few Crab before."

He finished the drink and collected the next one from the bar.

"This is only my second planet. And the first was three months ago. So, it's all new to me, especially the..." A hand waved vaguely. "...nature, biology, all that stuff. I'm more used to deep space: fixing, flying, finding, and fighting." A little drum beat of fingers on the bar accompanied his list.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:18 am 
Tsugiharu was going to respond to that before his attention seems abruptly.....elsewhere for a moment.

Focusing back on the group he looked.....non-plussed.

"I don't suppose either of you has the communicator information for Hida Akemi, the Drunk Crab, do you?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:54 am 
"It's good to be planetside... As a pilot a spend a lot of my time on a cruiser or a station." She could relate a little there to the Firefly, knowing what it was like to be in space for great lengths at a time.

The Spider's request was strange, and she shook her head. "I've only met her briefly before and she didn't give me her contact info. My apologies."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 am 
Well that want the response he was expecting from the Spider but he sipped his drink and then nodded. "Actually I do. Met Hida-san yesterday and we get along well. Mind if i ask what it's about?"

Koseki felt somewhat protective toward his new friends after their mad adventure that morning. He pulled out his densai.

Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"It's good to be planetside... As a pilot a spend a lot of my time on a cruiser or a station." She could relate a little there to the Firefly, knowing what it was like to be in space for great lengths at a time.

"Yeah. It's still pretty novel to me though. Usually after a long tour in deep space I'm back on an asteroid base somewhere. Not quite full-R. You can usually find something approaching it though."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:04 am 
He shook his head.

"I don't mind, Hotaru-san. Moshi Atena apparently wants me to contact Hida Akemi without calling Moshi-san first." he revealed.

He shrugged.

"I don't expect you to hand out her number, but if you would be willing to call her for me to see what I'm needed for, it would be greatly appreciated."

Theme Song
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next