It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Smoke and Alcohol (Day 7 Early Night)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:04 pm 
All of his statements and questions were answered with a slight shrug. "If one were to have no standards, then yes, I have had some level of success. I too, however, would appreciate a certain set of skills, or at least a certain attitude. That has reduced the pool by some margin. I knew this miai would be full of soldiers and other bushi however, so it is hardly a surprise the selection I was given."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:17 pm 
"And what is it you are after then Asahina-sama?" He asked lifting an eyebrow curiously. "It seems to be something other then a simple solider."

"That is if you don't mind me prying."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:51 am 
She smirked just a touch. "Mmm... what is a 'simple' soldier then? If you mean single minded and obtuse, I could certainly agree, but there are a lot of things that can make a soldier more complex. Someone that is open minded, someone that is quick whitted and wise. You most certainly don't have to be an artist or politician to be those things Tsuruchi-san. That is what I seek."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:48 am 
The more he thought about it the more he realized he didn't really want to do this tonight. Still he wasn't rude enough to just leave. Finishing his drink with a gulp he raised a hand towards the bartender to order another.

"Seems you might have quite the arduous task at hand Asahina-sama. I imagine its taken up quite a lot of your time." He let his eyes drift over to the sparrow. "You figure you'll just wait to see what the list look like at the end of this? Or have a few more leads."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:23 am 
"I like to keep my options open," she said simply. The Tsuruchi didn't seem in the mood for more, and the danceless mood had made her a touch listless. She sipped at her drink.

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:14 am 
"Probably some wisdom there." Hayato returned, his eyes shifting towards the woman's drink. "Want another one? I don't think you'll have any more dancing in store this evening."

"Not that the music isn't any good, just doesn't fit the enrgy of this place."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:06 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"It is. Suzume-san's got a wealth of historic stuff to work into modern idioms. It's like a scattershot documentary of Rokugani folk traditions." She pushes one of the drinks his way (whatever he might have requested when she messaged him via communicator) while sipping her own orange and sunshine yellow layered Blazing Tail. "So the dancing...a lot of modern stuff won't fit so well, but you might like the precision of some of the older forms. I realize I didn't ask if you'd danced much, actually."

"I hope your day's gone well, so far, Kuchiki-sama."

He was quiet for a time listening to her talk and then to the music. He nodded appreciatively at the drink pushed toward him, a simple one, whiskey on the rocks nothing flashy but more complex as you got to know it.

After a minute or so he turned back to Mumei "I like it, blend of traditional and modern though her skills with electronic components could use some work." He said honestly before shifting his cool dark eyes on her "I have been well Nakauchi-san, busy as ever but well and no I never had much interest in dancing."

"How has the day found you."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 pm 
He was quiet for a time listening to her talk and then to the music. He nodded appreciatively at the drink pushed toward him, a simple one, whiskey on the rocks nothing flashy but more complex as you got to know it.

After a minute or so he turned back to Mumei "I like it, blend of traditional and modern though her skills with electronic components could use some work." He said honestly before shifting his cool dark eyes on her "I have been well Nakauchi-san, busy as ever but well and no I never had much interest in dancing."

"How has the day found you."[/quote]

Mumei nods, the flashing red and green lights picking up flashes of green in her dark eyes as she spoke, hands gesturing gracefully "Suzume-san's talented. I mean, that's why the Miya tapped her, I imagine. Not many other Sparrow out here otherwise." Listening to the shamisen for a moment her focus drifts inward to what she might compose to such a tune. "If you're at all interested tonight, I'm happy to show you a few things that work with this style. Even if that may not come up very often."

She thinks a moment about his question."Other than making a tea, flinging robot? not horrible." She offers a wry smile. "Kind of a lot of meetings talking about..." She leans a bit closer to avoid having to speak over Shion's stories and shamisen. "Has Kuchiki Tsugiharu talked to you about what's going on up by the Mori shrine?"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:44 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Mumei nods, the flashing red and green lights picking up flashes of green in her dark eyes as she spoke, hands gesturing gracefully "Suzume-san's talented. I mean, that's why the Miya tapped her, I imagine. Not many other Sparrow out here otherwise." Listening to the shamisen for a moment her focus drifts inward to what she might compose to such a tune. "If you're at all interested tonight, I'm happy to show you a few things that work with this style. Even if that may not come up very often."

She thinks a moment about his question. "Other than making a tea, flinging robot? not horrible." She offers a wry smile. "Kind of a lot of meetings talking about..." She leans a bit closer to avoid having to speak over Shion's stories and shamisen. "Has Kuchiki Tsugiharu talked to you about what's going on up by the Mori shrine?"

"I would be, though I lack your disinhibition and will need a few more drinks to join the more sparse than usual dance crowd." He said before downing his drink and ordering another.

he nodded to her question "Yes a topic we could discuss more in depth later in a more private venue. I feel best to be discreet with that. No telling who is involved."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:42 pm 
Mumei nods, perfectly happy to leave that topic for a different space. Good enough to know the word has spread. She briefly considers whether to offer warning about the mushroom zombies...but honestly it seemed very unlikely that the Spider had any intention of adventuring near the wreck/shrine, and it was probably better that they could claim absolutely no knowledge of that problem if/when it came to broader attention.

"Being well trained is a very good counter to inhibition, I've found," she chuckles. "lacking that, drinks are a reasonable substitute." She sips at her own drink, rather liking the sweetness tonight. "Did you end up keeping your little bot from the competition?"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:50 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Probably some wisdom there." Hayato returned, his eyes shifting towards the woman's drink. "Want another one? I don't think you'll have any more dancing in store this evening."

"Not that the music isn't any good, just doesn't fit the enrgy of this place."

Fusako glanced at her drink. It was a slow drink for her, but it was a bit faster than usual tonight. "I'd appreciate it Tsuruchi-san. Mmm, I didn't take you for a dancer by the way."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:15 pm 
"I'm not much of one." He admitted waving the bartender over and ordering the woman another drink. "But it seems like a waste to go to the club and not dance."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:50 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Mumei nods, perfectly happy to leave that topic for a different space. Good enough to know the word has spread. She briefly considers whether to offer warning about the mushroom zombies...but honestly it seemed very unlikely that the Spider had any intention of adventuring near the wreck/shrine, and it was probably better that they could claim absolutely no knowledge of that problem if/when it came to broader attention.

"Being well trained is a very good counter to inhibition, I've found," she chuckles. "lacking that, drinks are a reasonable substitute." She sips at her own drink, rather liking the sweetness tonight. "Did you end up keeping your little bot from the competition?"

"I dont do it very often but I have heard it helps me loosen up a bit, if the words of the soldiers in my unit are to be believed." He said casting his cold dark eyes about the club before coming back to Mumei.

"I did indeed, I suppose its something of a consolation prize and hopefully with some tweaks it will make a good medical assistant Droid."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:14 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I'm not much of one." He admitted waving the bartender over and ordering the woman another drink. "But it seems like a waste to go to the club and not dance."

"Well, especially if it's a dance club," she noted, thanking the bartender quietly. "I take it you mostly come here for the drinks though."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:34 am 
"I tend to drink when there is no one to dance with." He smirked, lifting his glass to his lips. "Which it seems is more often then not."

"But I do at least enjoy the music as well as thecdrinks though."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:53 am 
"Perhaps it's because it's a Phoenix planet and everyone goes to bed early," she mused. "Speaking of music, have you met tonight's performer before? She's a miai participant you know."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:42 am 
"I've seen her around. Saw her preform once before at a bar with a Moto." He hadn't seen her since though.

"Do you know her well then?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:50 am 
"Hmm?" She glanced over before shaking her head. "I've only met Suzume-san once before, here actually. There was quite a crowd dancing and drinking here the first evening of the miai."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:01 am 
"Must of been early in the evening. Place was pretty dead when I came by. Did get to do a bit of dancing though." Hyeon-ju had been quite the welcome partner too.

"I should probably come by earlier myself. I just can't wrap my head around hitting the club before sunset."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 am 
"The music doesn't really start until the sun's down anyway, but I can understand coming out a bit later." She paused, taking a sip. "Could always invite someone to join you too."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next