It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (orange tent) EE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:03 am 
"Hello, cousin." she smiled. "I am Shiba Hoshiko."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:44 am 
Dinner? Dinner sounds lovely. Even a simple dinner is a welcome one compared to whatever nutrient gruel he normally ate. He might be samurai, but food didn't keep especially long on ships...especially Spider ships. Gathering up a bowl of rice, various vegetables, and some sort of fungus, Geppu took a seat at a nearby low table, giving bows to those who approach in order to maintain a polite demeanor at the very least.

Spider * Bushi * Magistrate Corps * Marksman
Honor: Honorless Dog | Glory: 2.6 | Status: 1 | Marriage Viability Index: 2
Gear: Sturdy (But fashionable) clothing, daisho, sidearm
Business Gear: Light Armor, Marksman Rifle, the above
Theme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:46 am 
Shiba Moriko wrote:
"Allergies? Oh, that sounds terrible," the Shiba happily shovelled a big scoop of rice into her mouth and chewed thoroughly. "I live here, I was born here," she clarified, "so where do you come from? what's that like?"

"Me? Most recently from the World of Dreams." Maiko said matter-of-factly. "Completely different from this planet: city as far as the eye can see from towers taller than the tallest mushrooms you all have here. Neon lights, holograms, and rain that never quite seems to smell or feel the same way twice depending where the cloud floated over on the way in."

"It can be a lot of fun." The rather road-worn and battered Shosuro remarked, setting down her chopsticks. Seems eating time was over, time for drinks.

Carrying: Daisho, Densai, Sidearm, Sturdy Clothing, Veil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:53 am 
“Oh, weird,” Moriko answered with clear interest, “the rain here, it’s always kinda gross. Everyone says the forests, ew, they smell really bad,” out of the corner of her eye she saw her sister enter and she waved cheerfully. “But I mostly don’t notice, except when it rains. The ground gets wet and then, oh boy, then it does stink.”

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:07 am 
"Yeah? Do the mushrooms just smell bad when wet?" Maiko inquired, swirling about the cup of amazake she was nursing.

"Back on my planet, it was because everyone would contribute something to the clouds. That's what happens with that many people on one world, I guess. Everything we make or do makes its way up out of factories and tenements and shopping districts and it all comes back down in the rain. Sometimes, it feels slick as oil or grit gets mixed in if you're downwind from a smelter or other industrial zone. Or it burns the skin and even causes the pavement to smoke if it gets bad enough. One time, there was an accident at a Crane perfumery. Rain smelled like a mix of expensive scents for days afterwards."

"Anything else about your planet other than the forests, though? Any sights to see? Things to do? I mean aside from this diplomatic whatever this is being called, I got a lot of time on my hands." A hint of despondency accompanied Maiko's voice at that last bit about having time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:10 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"Hello, cousin." she smiled. "I am Shiba Hoshiko."

"Shiba Atsumori," he replied with good cheer. The Shiba part was obvious from the family crests on his formal kataginu vest, tucked into matching hakama--the whole ensemble looked almost-new in the way of things which, though not necessarily fresh from the tailor, are only worn quite rarely. "From Tadaka system. Are you from off-planet too? Or d'you live here?"

Outside town: Web gun, misc. utility gear, armor

"Here we see the miai participant in his natural habitat..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:20 am 
She shook her head. "My sister and I were born here. But, I am in training to become a navigator."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 am 
Shosuro Maiko wrote:
"Yeah? Do the mushrooms just smell bad when wet?" Maiko inquired, swirling about the cup of amazake she was nursing.

"I mean, they smell all the time, but you get used to it, right? Some places smell worse, but everywhere smells super bad when it rains." Finishing her rice bowl, "not that the forests are that bad, apart from the smell, I guess," she countered cheerfully, "but you are right. This planet is about as interesting as what they're serving for dinner."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:39 am 
Maiko nodded slowly, adjusting her veil now that she didn't have to eat. Drinking around it was easy enough.

"Good. Good." She said appreciatively of Moriko's appraisal of the planet. "Dinner wasn't bad, though. Simple. Filling. Keeps you going. Did you not like it?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:50 am 
Moriko tilted her head to one side, watching as the Scorpion adjusted her veil, she hadn't seen all that many people from outside her own clan, and all the colours and habits were just as interesting to watch as the mating displays of wild otori. "I didn't mind the meal at all, to be honest I really like rice, like just on it's own. It's the best," she shrugged and chuckled.

"All I mean is that this planet doesn't have anywhere to go, unless you like rocks and mushrooms. The scenery is pretty, but it's not like 'holiday on the beach' pretty, you know?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:05 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
Two bows! Operation get in the conversation was a success.

Why was she trying to join again? Oh right, one of them was important.

"Ah, hellooo~" she bowed to them both "sorry sorry to interrupt! Just wanted to meet with lovely people and it's a party right?" she beamed a smile "I'm Susumu Nara!"

She looked at the writing. It wasn't really her thing but she at least peered at it for a bit before looking at the man who said he wanted to see more.

"There's so much to see, to do. So many worlds opened up. Beyond anyones imagination."

"Exploration without caution could lead to bad things." Atena warned. "It is nice to find some guidelines if we are here to impress our future mate." She bowed to the Spider. "I am Moshi Atena"

Hanako Michiya wrote:
Nodding at that. "That's why I mentioned to Moshi-san earlier that I watched 'Strange Worlds' regularly back home. I am a fan of Komori Iida's."

Now that he got a closer look at Nara, he thinks he recognizes her from somewhere. But as he hadn't met too many Spider in his life and she wasn't one of them that he could recall, he didn't know why he felt that way. But there it was, nagging the back of his mind.

"I am Seppun Michiya no Hanako. I hope you have had a pleasant day so far."

Atena nodded. "It is a quite classical, Strange Worlds... I think I have some notes about it... You say you have only visited the home world? Never come out it? That is interesting."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:14 am 
The orange tent seemed the least crowded, so Fusako made her way in and found a place to stand (or sit) that was comfortable. The decor of the place was a bit gauche, but at least it was in a reasonable, religious sort of way. The barley tea wasn't half bad either.

(( PM if you approach, thank you dears ))

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:26 pm 
Lifting a hand to the seal on his helmet, the Geppu pressed a flat panel and a hiss of air escaping the contained atmosphere. After setting the helmet down on the table and running a hand through his ebon hair, he pulled it up into a ponytail and secured it with a ribbon of white silk. He began to eat slowly, enjoying even this simple meal and sampling the variety he had gathered. After polishing off his small meal, Geppu decided that he wanted seconds and rose, moving back towards the entrance where he could secure further food.

On his way, he happened to run into the recently appeared Crane. Unsure of her status, though given her dress and appearance she might have been important. So, he offered a bow to her.

"Greetings, Crane-sama."

---

Theme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:54 pm 
Leaned against a tent post, Fusako rolled her head over and have Geppu an appraising once over, sipping her tea. Finally giving a slight bow, she spoke up throatily. "Spider-san. Much better with the helmet off, hm?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:25 pm 
Shiba Moriko wrote:
Moriko tilted her head to one side, watching as the Scorpion adjusted her veil, she hadn't seen all that many people from outside her own clan, and all the colours and habits were just as interesting to watch as the mating displays of wild otori. "I didn't mind the meal at all, to be honest I really like rice, like just on it's own. It's the best," she shrugged and chuckled.

"All I mean is that this planet doesn't have anywhere to go, unless you like rocks and mushrooms. The scenery is pretty, but it's not like 'holiday on the beach' pretty, you know?"

"Of course, I understand. Want a beach, go to a beach planet, right? Not a rocks and mushrooms planet."

Maiko glanced at her drinks cup, as if to confirm it really was empty, before setting it down.

"So, you talk about the forests here a lot. You a...forestologist...or something like that?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:26 pm 
"Old habits die hard, Crane-sama. Spend your life breathing recycled air and it becomes second nature to just continue. Preparedness and self-sufficiency are key tenets of military life, after all."

He didn't comment on the appraising look she gave him, simply returning her gaze politely when she chose to make eye contact.

"Hardship breeds success, or so my sensei used to say."

Theme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:08 pm 
She gave a soft shrug of her shoulders. "Many things can breed success. I'm quite certain that our hosts have provided us only the cleanest of air."

A pause for a sip of tea. "Asahina Fusako dear, a pleasure."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:27 pm 
"I am most certainly that they have. It would be rude to guests otherwise. But as I said, old habits are hard to break. It is said that grace is in the step of every Crane and to ask them to move otherwise would be difficult, no?"

He takes a sip of his tea as well, enjoying the cool temperature and mild flavor.

"Susumu Geppu, Asahina-sama. The pleasure is mine."

Theme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:59 pm 
Shosuro Maiko wrote:
"Of course, I understand. Want a beach, go to a beach planet, right? Not a rocks and mushrooms planet."

Maiko glanced at her drinks cup, as if to confirm it really was empty, before setting it down.

"So, you talk about the forests here a lot. You a...forestologist...or something like that?"

"Nothing so important as that, no," she shook her head and sipped her drink. "I grew up here, and rocks and fungi and really big lizards are about all there is." Moriko shrugged one shoulder apologetically; it occurred to her for the first time to wonder what had drawn these strangers to this uninteresting back-water planet to marry its unsophisticated locals.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:31 pm 
Hanako Michiya wrote:
Nodding at that. "That's why I mentioned to Moshi-san earlier that I watched 'Strange Worlds' regularly back home. I am a fan of Komori Iida's."

Now that he got a closer look at Nara, he thinks he recognizes her from somewhere. But as he hadn't met too many Spider in his life and she wasn't one of them that he could recall, he didn't know why he felt that way. But there it was, nagging the back of his mind.

"I am Seppun Michiya no Hanako. I hope you have had a pleasant day so far."

"Hee, Komori Iida is ok but once more planets watch my performances I'll be the star across the worlds" Nara said with a grin "lovely to meet you Seppun-sama! I've not met many Imperials before. My day has been well, chatting with clan and now enjoying a feast in company!"

Moshi Atena wrote:
"Exploration without caution could lead to bad things." Atena warned. "It is nice to find some guidelines if we are here to impress our future mate." She bowed to the Spider. "I am Moshi Atena"

Atena nodded. "It is a quite classical, Strange Worlds... I think I have some notes about it... You say you have only visited the home world? Never come out it? That is interesting."

"No no, that's wrong Moshi-san" Nara wiggled a finger "any world that the Spider has claimed for the Empire is safe now. We made sure of it! They're all free for visitation, assuming you let us know ahead of time when and where you want to go. They're safe, but even long claimed worlds have wildlife that is hungry" she giggled "and hai, only ever being in your home world Seppun-sama? The stars have so much to see! You should come visit my home planet of Whisper, such a wonderful place."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next