It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Trying out shades on a Camera (D3, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:24 am 
"Fukurokujin's Temple has an extensive library, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has focused on the topic of eyewear." He shakes his head slightly. "Sometimes I feel like I've read a mountain, only to find out the hill I stand on is so small next to all that is yet to be known."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:27 am 
"I haven't read a book in...I don't know how long. A long time. I'm an actress, been too busy to read!" Nara grinned "although if it means we can find glasses that can see the kami maybe it's worth reading. Not that I want to see the kami, I'm not even sure why we need to see a kami. Would the glasses allow magic to be cast?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:53 pm 
He shakes his head. "I wouldn't think so, not like a shugenja in any way. I mean...the shades to see ultra-violet light is asking the kami to bend light for us so that's kind of like magic, isn't it?"

If he has thoughts about the idea of not having time to read, he keeps them to himself.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:29 pm 
"Is it?" Nara said, peering closer to the shades "I didn't think about that. So they're magical glasses?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 am 
A nod. "I mean, in the same way as your densai is magical."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am 
"They are?" Nara clearly hadn't even considered that side of things "I didn't know that. I'm not very tech smart. Never really needed to know I suppose."

She tapped her chin thoughtfully, looking around the garden with her own eyes.

"I guess everything is magical when you think about it though, ne?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:59 pm 
A brief nod. "The kami are everywhere, or so the shugenja say. Magic's really in what you decide to perceive."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:40 pm 
"If magic is in everything, then it must be really loud and crowded everywhere for a shugenja. Is that why they're always so jumpy?" Nara said thoughtfully "like, we could be standing in the middle of a ton of kami, and the priests are just getting a headache trying to work out if we spoke or if the kami spoke or anything."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:52 am 
A small nod. "Could be. It would explain a few things." He smiles lightly at that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:35 pm 
"Like what?" Nara tilted her head "do priests get lots of headaches?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:04 am 
He waves a hand at that. "More like they often treat others as if they're children, unaware of how the world works."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:21 pm 
"Oh. Are Phoenix shugenja really like that? Even to their own kin?" Nara looked surprised "the Spider priests that I've met seemed fine. Maybe a little focused but they have important duties. People often talk to me like I'm a child though, but I am very young" she grinned "so perhaps to them I am?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:51 pm 
A small shrug. "Not all, certainly. And to be fair, you and I can't see all those kami, right? We are operating with less then all the information available. And they're moving ships through space or mending lethal wounds or any number of seemingly impossible things."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:34 pm 
"Mm, maybe! Feels dangerous though, so much information. If kami are everywhere, they could be listening to us now and ready to tell any shugenja!" Nara looked around suspiciously.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:06 pm 
A quick nod. "Hai, that they could!" He waves a hand. "They do perceive things differently as well. And may not even care about our words at all."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2