It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Flowers of Carnage & Chill [EA6]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:29 am 
"Who knows, maybe I will!" He smirked. "Not in absolute terms, but if I'll find some strong affinity I'll take it, as long as the politics of it is right. After all, Lady Shinjo chose with her heart for what the myths are worth, and I am kind of old-fashioned sometimes." A smirk turned into a chortle, but then he recalled something and went serious. "Speaking of politics, would a Scorpion be good?"

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:10 pm 
She leaned back on the bench slightly, draping one arm over.

"It's not a bad choice. The Scorpion have access to trade-markets we don't, and they are allies of the Crab. Not what our lords have recommended we look for, but with the way the Crab are, I consider the Scorpion to be a good second choice. Have you met one?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:25 pm 
"I have, and she's someone I keep thinking about." He admitted.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:39 pm 
"Very good." She nodded, approvingly. "I hope that will work out, Ruhe-san. In any case, it seems like you'll be very likely to have your pick of the season, seeing that you've performed exceptionally well in these contests our hosts are putting on."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:43 pm 
"Ah, those scores, right. They'll probably a good thing to have if I want to have some say over spouse picking. Hope you can have yours too, Hyeon-ju!" He rubbed his chin. "I mean, it's hard to see that as a personal achievement. It's not like there was a straightforward metal competition I could be really proud of winning. So I think of those as points for the Team Unicorn, impressing on all the other folks that we're a capable lot and all that no matter what weird thing is thrown at us."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm 
"Well, of course it is also points for Team Unicorn. It shows that our clan did good in picking who to send for this miai, as we continue to perform well." She spoke with a prideful tone. "I'm certain I will have a bigger chance to shine soon, with challenges more suited to my skills, but I feel like I have done well even in the face of those contests less inclined towards me. There's no shame in losing to those who were more skillful or luckier."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:53 pm 
"I feel like your confidence is half the success already!" Ruhe nodded, stretching back onto the bench, holding his fiddle between the knees. "But the real question is, do you have a bike here for an inevitable taking of your chosen for the ride toward the sunset?" He winked.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:10 am 
"Jaa, I shall have to rent one for when the time comes. My own bike is back home... didn't seem like something to drag along the galaxy, really."

Though she wished more that she had her ship.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm 
"In the same boat with the bike. Will need to hit the rental soon! Can't really go against that tradition!" He laughed, then looked around. "Enjoying this place? The garden, the town, the planet? Or are you space-sick already?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:15 pm 
"Hmmm... a bit of both, if I'm honest. I miss being out there, but at the same time, I'm enjoying the chance to be planetside, breathe fresh air and trek out into the wilderness, or just hang out at the mall, instead of being stuck on a crosser where there isn't much to do. See the same people over and over again too."

Not that they didn't see a lot of the same faces here, but a city had a bit more changing gallery than a ship.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:12 pm 
"I think you get it right, to get the best out of this vacation time. I like it here. Not enough to stay for longer, but it's a fun place. Have you been to many worlds?" Ruhe wasn't too well-travelled, so he was curious.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2