It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Sparring Grounds (Day 6 Late Evening, Expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 pm 
It was indeed Otori, lightly fried and settled on a bed or rice. There were various pickles as well to go with what was obviously a to go platter from a local eatery.

"I suppose thats true, all you really do on picnics is eat." He smirked. "Though i suppose that makes this more picnic then camping."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:48 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
It was indeed Otori, lightly fried and settled on a bed or rice. There were various pickles as well to go with what was obviously a to go platter from a local eatery.

"I suppose thats true, all you really do on picnics is eat." He smirked. "Though i suppose that makes this more picnic then camping."

“We can go exploring after, maybe if there are some dinosaurs in the garden?”
Although they would have to wait as she eyes the fried Otori

“This is... a very good selection. I never thought I would develop a taste for giant chicken. You should have the first piece.”

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:35 am 
"It never hurts to check, and if there is a dinosaur in the gardens, someone really should find it." He agreed with a nod.

"Thank you."' He took a moment to make himself a plate, one of the smaller pieces of otori as well as some rice and pickles. "And me either, but it seems they are an even better meal then they are a mount."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"It never hurts to check, and if there is a dinosaur in the gardens, someone really should find it." He agreed with a nod.

"Thank you."' He took a moment to make himself a plate, one of the smaller pieces of otori as well as some rice and pickles. "And me either, but it seems they are an even better meal then they are a mount."

“I could not agree more.”
Violent flashbacks to getting dumped off her mount day 2

Shoan makes sure there’s enough for Hayato to have seconds before going for a generous portion of Otori on rice..... and beginning to devour it. Oh, this was as good as the chilli Otori, and she didn’t even have to cry.

“I shall have to look into similar foods when I leave Asakaze.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 am 
It seemed the Lioness was another woman with a healthy appetite, not that such was a bad thing. "I brought so tea and coffee too if you're interested." He offered after a moment.

"I recall you don't really drink alcohol."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:13 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
It seemed the Lioness was another woman with a healthy appetite, not that such was a bad thing. "I brought so tea and coffee too if you're interested." He offered after a moment.

"I recall you don't really drink alcohol."

What was that unicorn gesture Nozomi was always doing?

Shoan gives Hayato an enthusiastic thumbs sideways as she chews.

“That is perfect... I appreciate you remember. But don’t feel as though you have to refrain from drinking something stronger on my behalf.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:52 am 
"I'm good with coffee." He replied tilting his head to the side to examine Shaon's hand gesture before returning it.

"Won't do to be drunk if we're going dinosaur hunting." He fetched a can of tea for shoan, before grabbing a can of coffee for himself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:00 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I'm good with coffee." He replied tilting his head to the side to examine Shaon's hand gesture before returning it.

"Won't do to be drunk if we're going dinosaur hunting." He fetched a can of tea for shoan, before grabbing a can of coffee for himself.

She cracks open a can with a grateful nod, clearly comfortable with rough and ready food.
“That would put you at a disadvantage. Drink enough and maybe I’d get the first hit?”

After a few more minutes the Otori massacre begins to slow as Shoan seems sated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 am 
Hayato's own pace was much more sedate, his movements slow and measured with perhaps a touch of grace. He did eventually go in for seconds though. "You'd try to at least."

His smile was playful as he looked up from his meal towards Shoan. "Not sure you could get the drop on me even if I was drunk though."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:23 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato's own pace was much more sedate, his movements slow and measured with perhaps a touch of grace. He did eventually go in for seconds though. "You'd try to at least."

His smile was playful as he looked up from his meal towards Shoan. "Not sure you could get the drop on me even if I was drunk though."

“Oh really?”
She looks back with eyes dancing
“I think you’d get quite the challenge Tsuruchi-san. And then I could keep you in a headlock until you sobered up.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:29 am 
"Are you sure you'd like my head pressed against your breats for quite that long, Ikoma-san." He returned teasingly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:30 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Are you sure you'd like my head pressed against your breats for quite that long, Ikoma-san." He returned teasingly.

“......”
“.....
“...”

She shoots him a jokingly prim look
“For as long as was necessary. I never shirk my duties.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:06 am 
That brought a smile to his and he ran his hand through his hair as he looke dthe Lioness over. There was a few moments hestiation though before he spoke.

"You know I like you Ikoma-san, I really do."

He looked towards the ground his smile slipping away from his lips. "But I most confess I'm being very unfair to you."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:11 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
That brought a smile to his and he ran his hand through his hair as he looke dthe Lioness over. There was a few moments hestiation though before he spoke.

"You know I like you Ikoma-san, I really do."

He looked towards the ground his smile slipping away from his lips. "But I most confess I'm being very unfair to you."

Shoan is quiet for a few moments
“I should have known. You’re friendly, skilled, good sense of humour, get on well with most women.”
It all added up
“But.... you’d prefer to marry a man?”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 am 
"No." He replied with a laugh. "Nothing like that. I'd marry a man, but I would much prefer a woman."

His expression and tone turned more serious. "You know it as well as me. You're a Lion and I'm a Mantis our clans have been clashing with each others for generations, and I can't completely deny the possibility i've killed someone you've known." He finished with a small frown making it's way onto his lips.

"Add onto that the threat of full scale war around the corner and a marriage between us simply doesn't work. Neither of us would likely find a home in the others clan, and while that's a shame I beleive it's the truth of it." He offered the Lion a soft smile. "Which is why I'm being unfair to you, you should be seeking other options over wasting time with me."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:29 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"No." He replied with a laugh. "Nothing like that. I'd marry a man, but I would much prefer a woman."

His expression and tone turned more serious. "You know it as well as me. You're a Lion and I'm a Mantis our clans have been clashing with each others for generations, and I can't completely deny the possibility i've killed someone you've known." He finished with a small frown making it's way onto his lips.

"Add onto that the threat of full scale war around the corner and a marriage between us simply doesn't work. Neither of us would likely find a home in the others clan, and while that's a shame I beleive it's the truth of it." He offered the Lion a soft smile. "Which is why I'm being unfair to you, you should be seeking other options over wasting time with me."

“You are.... not wrong. Although at the very least allow me to have also been equally unfair to you. I... probably have not killed any members of yours Clan but... with war on the horizon.”

She rubs her forehead
“Can you give me about... 45 seconds?”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:35 am 
"Certainly. Take all the time that you need." He offered simply, he likely owed her at least that much.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:38 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Certainly. Take all the time that you need." He offered simply, he likely owed her at least that much.

Primly “thank you.”

The lion lies back on the cloth, puts her hands over her face.... and screams into them loudly.

The muffled sounds of Shoan frustration continue for some time and the occasional phrase can be made out:

“Twice in one day ?!?!?”
“I wish he’d preferred a husband.”
“Am I going to have to marry myself at the end of this?!?!?”

Before silence returns and Shoan simply lies quietly on her back.

Prim again “I appreciate you bearing with me.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:47 am 
Hayato sat back, his face a mask as he pretended not to hear the Lion's frustrations. In a lot of ways they echoed his own, though he wasn't the type to let things out like that.

"It's the least I could do Ikoma-san." His lips curled into a wry smile. "Though I admit I was expecting to get Matsu Matsued right there."

His hands moved into his kimono and he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lighter. "Do you mind if I smoke?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato sat back, his face a mask as he pretended not to hear the Lion's frustrations. In a lot of ways they echoed his own, though he wasn't the type to let things out like that.

"It's the least I could do Ikoma-san." His lips curled into a wry smile. "Though I admit I was expecting to get Matsu Matsued right there."

His hands moved into his kimono and he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lighter. "Do you mind if I smoke?"

“Oh Don’t worry. I’m throwing you over the fence later.”
She glances over at the mention of smoking and shakes her head
“No, please. The more of your vices the better right now. We have to balance out that charmingness somehow. You don’t hate kittens or like playing music all night by any chance?”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next