It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (red tent)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:56 am 
With the distraction, Tetsu does his best to spirit Akemi away.

"You're playing into his hand Hida-san. Come on, let's get a drink. If you need an excuse for tonight, I'm planning to head into a hole in the wall in the Lower City."

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:07 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
snip

Izumi was still fixed on the lizards.

"Doyouthinkwejustatecolourfullizard, Shinjo-san?"

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:11 am 
Shokomaru however, did not give Akagi even a microscopic amount of his attention.

To him, the Scorpion was rudely interrupting Akemi before she could reply, and Shokomaru wouldn't give the man any respect for that.

"Fundai-san, what do you think you are doing? Any assumption you might make about me reflects on all of you, and leaves me with with very few options." He sat against a table, hands reaching into his breast pocket to take out a pack of Bayushi brand cigarettes. "So, why don't we all stop acting so foolishly and hasty, and treat this like a miai instead of a battleground that needs screening tactics and daring exfils."

He lit the cigarette, his expression was very easy to read. The ball was in their court.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:19 am 
Kitsune Izumi wrote:
Izumi was still fixed on the lizards.

"Doyouthinkwejustatecolourfullizard, Shinjo-san?"

Some of the drama had attracted Yul's attention, but he shook his head, looking back at the picture, and then at Izumi.

"Uh... maybe?" He shrugged, chuckling. "I mean, if both of you saw one the first time you went out, maybe they're really easy to catch."

He shrugged, then took another bite. "Maybe I'll get to see one when I go out."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:23 am 
"Maybe.There'ssomebiglizardsoutthereaswell. Apexpredatorlizards. Ireadaboutanaquaticonetowatchoutfor."

He had also noticed the drama . . . but as the Spider appeared to match him for rank he wasn't about to step in and try and settle it. Anyways, this was Phoenix territory.

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:25 am 
Ujina Jin wrote:
Yube notices the invite, and immediately jumps off towards the mysterious figure. "Ah, Bayushi-san, of course. Yube always like the attention." He smirked, holding his fungal sake in hand. "Ujina Jin, nikutai of the 101st Drop Trooper brigade, of the 1st Spaceborne Battalion." He gave a bow appropriate to the status of his conversation partner.

"Bayushi Tsukiko, pleased to meet you, Jin-san! Does Yube know any tricks? Where did you get such a small monkey anyway? I've never seen one this small before. He has such a silly little face, it reminds me of my brother!"

After bowing back, she sets her cup down and sticks out a finger for Yube to crawl on, being careful to not accidentally drop him. She then waves Tetsu over to look at Yube if he wants, seeing as how tense and uncomfortable the atmosphere has become. Only the first day and already resorting to open scorn? This isn't the fun time she signed up for. Maybe she should've gone to a different tent...

Servant Naoki Carrying: Sidearm, Portable Computer, Holorecorder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 am 
Kitsune Izumi wrote:
"Maybe.There'ssomebiglizardsoutthereaswell. Apexpredatorlizards. Ireadaboutanaquaticonetowatchoutfor."

He had also noticed the drama . . . but as the Spider appeared to match him for rank he wasn't about to step in and try and settle it. Anyways, this was Phoenix territory.

"Big lizards? How big are we talking?" Yul frowned. "Like... horse-sized? Or bigger?"

His frown turned thoughtful. "Might be better to see it from the air. Or... maybe if we got a team together or something?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:45 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
Shokomaru however, did not give Akagi even a microscopic amount of his attention.

To him, the Scorpion was rudely interrupting Akemi before she could reply, and Shokomaru wouldn't give the man any respect for that.

"Fundai-san, what do you think you are doing? Any assumption you might make about me reflects on all of you, and leaves me with with very few options." He sat against a table, hands reaching into his breast pocket to take out a pack of Bayushi brand cigarettes. "So, why don't we all stop acting so foolishly and hasty, and treat this like a miai instead of a battleground that needs screening tactics and daring exfils."

He lit the cigarette, his expression was very easy to read. The ball was in their court.

Ganbold raised an eyebrow. "I've always heard it told that a miai is worse than a battlefield. 'Cause a lost battle can be refought once you regroup and reinforce. A miai is for keeps." He looked around the room. "And...I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that." He turns to the Spider..."Playing the injured opponent is good tactics, Daigotsu-sama. It leads people to make all kinds of assumptions. I commend your skill. But I would think you were made of stronger stuff than that."

Wears: Sturdy, sensible clothing. A scimitar and a wakizashi. His communicator.
FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:47 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Big lizards? How big are we talking?" Yul frowned. "Like... horse-sized? Or bigger?"

His frown turned thoughtful. "Might be better to see it from the air. Or... maybe if we got a team together or something?"

"Aboutthatsize. Maybeabitbigger."

He nodded.

"I'mnotworriedatall, butitmakessensetohaveafewwithyou. Evenifit'sjustforspotting."

Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:55 am 
Oh thank kami

The wave that Tsukiko gives offers is a relief with things brewing.

"A thousand pardons Daigotsu-san, I don't know what you're talking about. I am sorry if you were offended by something" In spite of the words, Tetsu keeps nudging Akemi back away toward Tsukiko. It would be better if it was assumed Tetsu was oblivious rather than openly scornful...that was a Crab stereotype after all.

"Whew, sorry about that Bayushi-san. And thank you." Tetsu offers Tsukiko a sheepish smile. "Ooooh" The sound is a bit louder than he might, but the Oblivious Crab card was still in play, and it was a way to say that Tetsu had moved on

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:02 am 
Kitsune Izumi wrote:
"Aboutthatsize. Maybeabitbigger."

He nodded.

"I'mnotworriedatall, butitmakessensetohaveafewwithyou. Evenifit'sjustforspotting."

Yul grinned. "That's the spirit, Kitsune-sama."

He nodded. "Well hey, if you want to go check it out again sometime, let me know, huh? I know some other folks who might be interested. Have you met Moto Ganbold?" Yul gave his fellow Unicorn a wave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:12 am 
The Kitsune smiled happily, bouncing slightly which set the pink hair bouncing in turn.

"Somanypeoplewanttogoseetheutdoorshere. Iwassosurethere'djustbefolkswantingtoplaymusicandreadbooksorsomething. Muchbettertohavefunandadventure!!!!!"

Vulpine Excitement Level rising.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 am 
Moto Ganbold wrote:
Ganbold raised an eyebrow. "I've always heard it told that a miai is worse than a battlefield. 'Cause a lost battle can be refought once you regroup and reinforce. A miai is for keeps." He looked around the room. "And...I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that." He turns to the Spider..."Playing the injured opponent is good tactics, Daigotsu-sama. It leads people to make all kinds of assumptions. I commend your skill. But I would think you were made of stronger stuff than that."

He blew smoke and smirked, shaking his head while he waited for an answer from Akemi. It didn't seem as if he would answer the Moto.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:57 am 
Kitsune Izumi wrote:
The Kitsune smiled happily, bouncing slightly which set the pink hair bouncing in turn.

"Somanypeoplewanttogoseetheutdoorshere. Iwassosurethere'djustbefolkswantingtoplaymusicandreadbooksorsomething. Muchbettertohavefunandadventure!!!!!"

Vulpine Excitement Level rising.

Yul snorted, cheerfully amused. "Hey, I'm a Unicorn. Just show us a hill we haven't seen the other side of, or a solar system with unvisited planetoids, and we're there."

He pulled out his communicator. "Here, let's swap comm info." He tilted his head. "You do a fair amount of exploring, I take it?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:13 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He blew smoke and smirked, shaking his head while he waited for an answer from Akemi. It didn't seem as if he would answer the Moto.

Well, I thought it was clever. Maybe I don't have enough stripes for this guy. Shrugging in the ancient style of the Moto, he trudged over to Yul. "Hey, Shinjo-san." He bowed a little more formally to the Kitsune. "Kitsune-san. What's doing?"

FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:49 am 
"Hey, Moto-san." Yul's right hand flexed; it was hard not to offer a fellow Unicorn a handshake. "How's it going? Been having a good time?"

He looked back and forth between the two. "Have you two already met?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:22 am 
"Uh...no! To both questions! Just readin' the mons, is all. Moto Ganbold's the name, Kitsune-san!" He smiled broadly at the Fox.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:22 pm 
Yul smiled. "Well, here's hoping things'll look up. What do you think about a little wilderness expedition?"

He nodded. "Kitsune Izumi-sama, this is Moto Ganbold. Moto Ganbold-san, this is Kitsune Izumi."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:17 pm 
"I think that'd be neat, Shinjo-san! Seems like there's a whole bunch of mushrooms out there...dojo's practically made out of 'em. I think there's probably all kinds of cool critters out there!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 pm 
Bayushi Tsukiko wrote:
"Bayushi Tsukiko, pleased to meet you, Jin-san! Does Yube know any tricks? Where did you get such a small monkey anyway? I've never seen one this small before. He has such a silly little face, it reminds me of my brother!"

After bowing back, she sets her cup down and sticks out a finger for Yube to crawl on, being careful to not accidentally drop him. She then waves Tetsu over to look at Yube if he wants, seeing as how tense and uncomfortable the atmosphere has become. Only the first day and already resorting to open scorn? This isn't the fun time she signed up for. Maybe she should've gone to a different tent...

"Ah, he was a gift from my sister, who acquired him on...one planet or the other during her duties, I am not exactly sure." He observed the tiny monkey crawling up the finger, obviously hunting for treats. "Don't overeat yourself now!" He waved his own finger at the finger monkey.

"Is this your first miai?" He asked idly the Scorpion.

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next