It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: [D12 EA] Ritual of Announcements Observation
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:04 pm 
Kitsune Izumi wrote:
In the time it took him to walk from the stage to the Shiba, Izumi progressed through at least six Vulpine Excitement Levels. He had a wide grin by the time he reached him.

"So . . . howmanypetscanwehavebythistimenextyear, Atsu-kun?"

That was an infectious FoxGrin; Atsumori grinned too, running a hand through his hair and completely messing up its for-once-neat arrangement. "That depends, I guess. How big is that house of yours?"

There was some kind of roaring afoot from the Lion enclosure, which he registered in a back corner of his mind; if he needed to tune into it he would, but for now it wasn't at the forefront of his situational awareness.

Outside town: Web gun, misc. utility gear, armor

"Here we see the miai participant in his natural habitat..."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:12 pm 
Shiba Atsumori wrote:
That was an infectious FoxGrin; Atsumori grinned too, running a hand through his hair and completely messing up its for-once-neat arrangement. "That depends, I guess. How big is that house of yours?"

There was some kind of roaring afoot from the Lion enclosure, which he registered in a back corner of his mind; if he needed to tune into it he would, but for now it wasn't at the forefront of his situational awareness.

"It'sinaforest, plentyofroomforcritterstoroam."

The roaring Lions were ignored, Izumi was more focused on Atsumori and himself.

"AlthoughthepetIacquiredlastnightwon'tbeableto. Idoubtagoldfishisgoingtowanderaroundaforest."

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:30 pm 
Murame Shoan wrote:
Shoan returns to stand beside Nozomi, the Murame unflappable as ever

Mildly "Well, that is settled then. I thought it best to declare in case there was a need to duel....half the audience on a certain someone's behalf after the ceremony."

Her tone is light but any samurai shooting dark looks Nozomi's way would receive an absolute death stare from Shoan.

Lowering her own voice just for her and the Kitsu
"But you did say exactly what I was thinking. It is not often a fiance knows they have chosen well even as they walk up to choose."

"It seems like that won't be necessary. Indeed, I never really felt there was a risk," Nozomi said. "He knows Heaven would smile upon anyone who would stand as my champion."

She scooped up her glasses and looked to Shoan. "Looks like I'll need a new pair. You can help me pick them out." She turned back to the rest of the proceedings. "I'm glad I got to impress you even more."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:34 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Hyeon-ju, like Hayato, seemed happy for Shoan and Nozomi. She was certain the two samurai-ko would indeed find happiness together... and she was glad she hadn't split those two up at the last minute herself. Even if she knew that both of them would have been quick to step up to make up for things.

"No plans yet, but I would be surprised if there won't be any celebrations or gatherings after this..." she remarked quietly, not wishing to disturb the ceremony too much.

A wry smile was given at his joke, and well... she knew her mother might not approve fully. Her mom though, would be sympathetic to what Hyeon-ju would have to share of the circumstances, and she knew her mother would come around to it too. And hopefully not decide to duel any Lion samurai crossing her path right away.

"I suppose we'll have much to work out, about the future."

"Yes, we'll have a lot to figure out." He agreed thoughtfully, pausing for a few moments before adding. "You know I have no qualms against marrying out, though it might not be what the Nakodo have in mind at the moment." It helped too that he may be able to leverage a favor in that direction.

"Would you prefer to stay with you family, your clan if it were possible?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:39 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:

"It seems like that won't be necessary. Indeed, I never really felt there was a risk," Nozomi said. "He knows Heaven would smile upon anyone who would stand as my champion."

She scooped up her glasses and looked to Shoan. "Looks like I'll need a new pair. You can help me pick them out." She turned back to the rest of the proceedings. "I'm glad I got to impress you even more."

"I had no idea I was marrying the most intimidating samurai on Asakaze. We can look for some unbreakable glasses for when you really lose your temper."

Now that she's off the stage Shoan takes a few moments to reply to the nods and glances from samurai around her. Hayato and Hyeon-Ju? Well, that was unexpected but....almost certain to be blessed by Benten. Yul and Mumei were of course a given, and the Shinjo hadn't even be mauled by anything on his way to the podium.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:41 pm 
Susumu Nara wrote:
In between all the mayhem, shouting Kitsus, and all the couples meeting, Nara heard her name called. Which made no sense, because why would she be called up now? She was last on the list apparently! Then she looked up at who called her name; Asahina Fusako. It took her a moment before she worked out why, and when she did her eyes lit up with joy.

I get to be with Fusako all the time!

She managed to not run over to the woman, walking quickly though as she moved to meet Fusako and bowing deeply.

"Thank you" was the first thing she said.

All of the commotion around her was gracefully and utterly ignored as Fusako made her way to join Nara, a slight smirk on her lips. "Thanking me? Come now Nara-chan, none of that. You showed yourself well, it was a easy decision. There were certainly others I may have disappointed, but it was decided with finality when I awoke this morning."

She paused, looking around with a raised brow before looking back and leaning in. "Such drama. Are you filming and forgot to tell me dear?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:48 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Yes, we'll have a lot to figure out." He agreed thoughtfully, pausing for a few moments before adding. "You know I have no qualms against marrying out, though it might not be what the Nakodo have in mind at the moment." It helped too that he may be able to leverage a favor in that direction.

"I... yes, I would like that, but I understand if that can't happen anymore... it would have to be some discussion to be had about it, if that is to be changed," it felt awkward to discuss it now, when others were still making their choices.

Looking to the announcements, it seemed the odd little Moshi was getting picked up by a Spider. Looking to Hayato, she tried to gauge his reaction to that match.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:48 pm 
Ishiyo nods to Shokomaru as he approaches, "Later....if you will excuse me. I think my clan mate needs me."

With that she departed to join Daidoji Shizuku

/exit

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:00 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:

"I... yes, I would like that, but I understand if that can't happen anymore... it would have to be some discussion to be had about it, if that is to be changed," it felt awkward to discuss it now, when others were still making their choices.

Looking to the announcements, it seemed the odd little Moshi was getting picked up by a Spider. Looking to Hayato, she tried to gauge his reaction to that match.

Hayato glanced towards the stage as his clanmate was picked. He recalled the man from the days before, but didn't particularly know Atena's feelings on him. Though he did seem to be a friend.

Feeling Hyeon-ju's gaze on him he offered a small nod of his head. It wasn't the worst match if the day, even if it was with a spider.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:05 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo nods to Shokomaru as he approaches, "Later....if you will excuse me. I think my clan mate needs me."

With that she departed to join Daidoji Shizuku

/exit

"Go", he nodded in answer. He stood still for a bit, watching her leave, his breathing was normal, his gaze was steady. After a moment he adjusted his cover and found a place to have a smoke near Nishida.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:31 am 
Kitsune Izumi wrote:
Shiba Atsumori wrote:

"It'sinaforest, plentyofroomforcritterstoroam."

The roaring Lions were ignored, Izumi was more focused on Atsumori and himself.

"AlthoughthepetIacquiredlastnightwon'tbeableto. Idoubtagoldfishisgoingtowanderaroundaforest."

"Got room for a pond in your garden?" Atsumori smiled but also seemed to be taking the issue somewhat seriously... it was a question of suitable habitat, after all! "One we can screen... those fish looked right small, so they'd be temptin' for birds." He nodded, evidently thinking, then suddenly laughed at himself. "Watch out, the ink's not dry yet and I'm already renovating your digs. Don't want your family thinkin' you've brought home some gold-digger, right?"

In fact, the genealogy read out by the Phoenix nakodo following Atsumori's name had been a solidly respectable and prosperous one, even if it wasn't nearly as illustrious as Izumi's.

Outside town: Web gun, misc. utility gear, armor

"Here we see the miai participant in his natural habitat..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:08 am 
Mal-Chin made himself ready to go up on stage. Thankfully the nakodo would be announcing his lineage.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:18 am 
Hide made her way back into the crowd after her choice was made. She was beyond relieved and all that had transpired with her Clan had been shoved aside. She had Eriko and that was all that mattered right now.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 am 
Matsu Hide wrote:
Hide made her way back into the crowd after her choice was made. She was beyond relieved and all that had transpired with her Clan had been shoved aside. She had Eriko and that was all that mattered right now.

Satoru tried to catch the Lioness' eye and give her a bow of congratulations. They were not close and likely not even friends but they had been roommates and he was glad to see her end up with someone she wanted.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 am 
Matsu Hide wrote:

Shoan sends a friendly nod to the two of them....hoping they'd be able to keep eachother out of trouble...or at least in the right sort of trouble.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:26 am 
Hayato was pleased when Chiyo was picked by the Daidoji. They would hopefully suit each other well. He was less pleased when it was the very last Spider to chose that picked Masako. Though at least the man had honor enough to give a token gesture to his allies.

He was a bit concerned the pick nonetheless and his gaze ment to Hyeon-ju to try and see what she thought of it. If he he recalled she knew the man after all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 am 
When Hide named Eriko, Akemi looked around warily, more or less expecting a band of tattooed cyborg monk bikers to jump in it and kidnap the bride.

And when that didn't happen, she gave the couple a thumb-up, with a very much "you go girl" look.

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:26 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato was pleased when Chiyo was picked by the Daidoji. They would hopefully suit each other well. He was less pleased when it was the very last Spider to chose that picked Masako. Though at least the man had honor enough to give a token gesture to his allies.

He was a bit concerned the pick nonetheless and his gaze ment to Hyeon-ju to try and see what she thought of it. If he he recalled she knew the man after all.

Hyeon-ju gave her betrothed a reassuring nod. "I'm sure he'll treat your cousin with kindness and respect."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:28 am 
Shiba Atsumori wrote:
"Got room for a pond in your garden?" Atsumori smiled but also seemed to be taking the issue somewhat seriously... it was a question of suitable habitat, after all! "One we can screen... those fish looked right small, so they'd be temptin' for birds." He nodded, evidently thinking, then suddenly laughed at himself. "Watch out, the ink's not dry yet and I'm already renovating your digs. Don't want your family thinkin' you've brought home some gold-digger, right?"

In fact, the genealogy read out by the Phoenix nakodo following Atsumori's name had been a solidly respectable and prosperous one, even if it wasn't nearly as illustrious as Izumi's.

"OhMommaFoxwillbehappyenoughtoallowsomeremodelling, aslongasitstaystruetothebiome."

Anything further was briefly interrupted by him noticing Hide choose Eriko.

"Ohthat'sgreat! Thosetworeallydeservetobetogether!"

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:40 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Hyeon-ju gave her betrothed a reassuring nod. "I'm sure he'll treat your cousin with kindness and respect."

"Thats reassuring, I've known Masato since we were children." Hayato replied softly. If the man treated his cousin well, he could at least show him a degree of respect. "She's a tough woman though... I hope he's prepared."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next