It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D12 EA] Ritual of Announcements
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 am 
The xenobotanic garden had been prepared for the ritual of announcements. A humble stage had been constructed from steel tubing and chitin-planks, the rather ugly frame wrapped in cloth of orange and yellow. Flower arrangements dangled from tall poles surrounding the stage, skies finally clear after the rain. The air is hot and humid and while the stage has been covered with a cloth, the samurai waiting their turn are likely more than a little uncomfortable.

The miai participants would in turn take the stage, accompanied by the nakado they had worked with and announce the name of their chosen spouse, the nakado reading out the genealogies of the two samurai as far as that was deemed necessary. In case of the Unicorn, this recital would go back 7 generations and so would include more than 250 names spoken out to ensure that Shinjo's laws were kept, meaning that every time an Unicorn walked to the stage, the locals would groan, many reaching for their flasks.

Governor himself was present, observing the proceedings from an air conditioned tent, his assistants sitting on the ground, taking note and doing their work, many of the carrying heavy portable computers for the purpose. The new lord magistrate sat by the governor, occasionally turning to glance at him.

In the words of Kakita Wakai, love was in the air.

"I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing to listen."
- Asako Mafuyu

Post subject: Re: [D12 EA] Ritual of Announcements
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:11 am 
The metal head Unicorn hut the stage after he'd plugged into its sound system with his ancestral power horsehead fiddle.

Gonna make you smirk, old man. Ruhe thought about his father. But before genealogists would have their way, he'd grab the mic.

"Up for a ride?! Let's ride! Ride Together, yeah!"

And after a strong instrumental intro he sang his heart out with a piece he'd composed with a certain Scorpion redhead cop in mind. By the final chords, he leapt off the stage and strode toward his chosen, Bayushi Tenma, singing acapella, silver studs shining across his black leather jacket and pants.

Quote:
Take this love, my dear, and cherish it from this start
You shall have no fear
Nothing could tear us apart
Accept this love sincere, from my metal heart
Our time is finally here
And we can shoot for the stars
Our bond shines bright clear, and haunts the doubts away
We cross the new frontier,
And it sets our hearts ablaze
The metal ride waits still, to gleam on our way
And we'll be riding up the stream
Let's douse ourselves in this love
My Tenma, my chosen one
Let's give our all to the wedlock we'll be in
Make it bring glory!
Let me hail your deeds
And hold you in embrace
Until we melt into the crimson haze
The engine fumes rise high in the wake of our way
And we're riding up the stream
My Tenma, my chosen one
We'll ride and rise together
Let me hail your deeds
And hold you in embrace
Until we melt into the crimson haze
And we take our rides on the paths to eternity
Here all regrets have died and the only ones are you and me
The crimson haze, arise, as your eyes look right at me
And we're riding up the stream
(To eternity!)
My Tenma, my chosen one
Let's bring our Clans glory with the love we are in
Make it forever
We'll do it together!

[To this music, just faster and more gritty!]

Last edited by Moto Ruhe on Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:55 am 
It was torture, really. All glory to his ancestors and all, but really, couldn't they just do a brief summary? He could pass them a slip of paper, and they could look at it and say 'Shinjo Yul isn't even a little bit related to this person'. And then he could just say her name? He really wanted to say her name. He shifted a little. As fine a figure as he cut in his military dress uniform, it was a little warm to be standing on stage while someone else read a bunch of names.

Yul did his best to keep his impatience from his handsome features. It wasn't hard. His eyes were on his intended, out there in the audience. And while he couldn't quite keep his expression serious, well, surely a hint of a smile was nearly as good, wasn't it? And his eyes, well, there was more than a hint of a smile in them.

Distracted by the thoughts of impending future, Yul almost missed it when it was, at long last, his turn. "Nakauchi Mumei." He spoke the name slowly and clearly. Perhaps it was to be clear, decorous. Or perhaps it was because he wanted to savor every syllable.

Then another wait as they read her genealogy, a brief flicker of surprise on Yul's features that her father was an Agasha. But the uncertain part was over. They were engaged, would be married, and would share a new life together.

He could hardly wait for it to start.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yul picks Nakauchi Mumei!!!

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:44 pm 
After the formal recitation of his family lineage, Bayushi Akagi stepped forward and bowed.

"In my time here, I have been impressed by the grace, intelligence and compassion shown by the honorable Asako Chiruha," the Scorpion said clearly. "I pray that the Fortunes favor our match."

Akagi bowed again and stepped back as the heralds began to announce Asako Chiruha's genealogy.

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:29 pm 
Nishida's On said nothing about the bubbling inside.

He would do anything to make Akagi's life hell and he knew where to find the necessary leverage to do so.

After the Nakodo recited Nishida's long and prestigious familiy line, he entered the stage and announced: "Mya Haruto."

He bowed and got off the stage again.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:33 pm 
Shokomaru approached as his lineage, admittedly not boring and quite prestigious with many legion commanders among them, was recited. His hair was undyed now, the natural black it truly was and his dress uniform was immaculate with his rank bars and campaign ribbons displayed, cover smartly on and he was properly shaved.

After Katsuo stopped talking big and making comments he stepped foward. With his close shaved look and black hair, he looked considerably younger than many may have guessed previously.

"Daigotsu Shokomaru, the commander of the 9th Legion's 5th company, protector of the Empty and Shadowless Village seeks the hand of Daidoji Ishiyo in marriage. May our clans be blessed by this union."

He bowed low and proper.

Last edited by Daigotsu Shokomaru on Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:34 pm 
Akihiko strides to the stage, full dress uniform carefully cleaned and pressed. He looks stoic, features betraying little emotion despite the intense feelings of recent days.

On the stage, with six generations of Lion ancestors named, including his famous grandfather, Akihiko feels all the weight of this moment. But a strange serenity surrounds him in that moment, and he knows his decision is the right one.

"With the greatest respect for all participants of this miai, and the guidance of our honored nakodo, I am honored to choose a well-suited match: the talented Daidoji Shizuku."

It was less than he wanted to say, much less, but in the end the other things weren't going to be heard of said in this moment, as the crowd was already rippling with some sounds of surprise.

As he left the stage, Akihiko smiled faintly, the task done as best he could in that setting.

------
Akihiko picks Daidoji Shizuku.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:42 pm 
The Fox was next. For anyone with any knowledge of the smallest clan of all then the listing of his lineage revealed direct connections to the ruling Kitsune family and a succession of Board members, executive officers and presidents of Kitsune Biopharmaticals. An important and connected vulpine.

Izumi himself was as confident and full of energy as always, finding it very difficult to stand still while he waited. Once it was done he was his customary self in seizing the moment, yet not himself in that he managed to slow his speech for this life defining decision.

"For our shared love of animals and the wonders of the worlds we live on, I choose Shiba Atsumori."

Momma Fox would be proud.

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:17 pm 
Hayato wasn't one for the ostentasious displays of wealth that much of his clan were known for, but the Hayato that ascended the stage today wasn't the one most of those that knew him were familiar with. What sun light there was glinted off the golden thread of his kimono and a few rings that decorated his fingers, He was solemn as he ascended the stairs and there was a strand of fourteen silver coins playing through his fingers like prayer beads.

Too many here didn't know who that mantis were, or so it seemed to him. The Spider had slighted him and then stolen away something from him even if he no longer had the intention to claim it himself. The crane were better, though even they could use a reminder. As for the Lion... Well…. Wealth in a lot of ways was power in the galaxy, and to the poorer in the audience the way he wore it might come off as cruel, much like the stoney expression he wore as he took his place, there was no kindness in the wasp for the moment.

He let his gaze drift over the crowd, settling for a moment on Shoan, an apology in his look as the length of coins was stored away. Then to Ishiyo if she was present his lips twitching into a small smile, he could very well of loved that woman. Some small part of him likely always would. Finally it drifted to his choice the beautiful Utaku who deserved much more then she had been given, and finally a bit of Hayato Shown through as a wry smile made it's way onto his lips.

"Utaku Hyeon-ju, will you be with me always?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:22 pm 
Tetsu suddenly feels a pit in him stomach as Shizuku-san's name is called just ahead of him. It wasn't an impossible thing to happen but he feels shock.

He picks up his Densai, mind entering panic mode. He was almost up, what was he going to do? There had been the one Scorpion, but she had left. He had looked up a Unicorn, that would have been a political choice.

But still...that was nothing new. Nothing different than the lot of so many Crab samurai.

When he steps on the stage, the name spills from his lips: "Shiba Hoshiko."

I don't know what will happen he thinks as he steps down But it will be something unique.

______
Selects Shiba Hoshiko

Last edited by Fundai Tetsu on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:50 pm 
Moriko had apparently lost her Fortunes-damned mind. Saneyuki wasn’t exactly the brightest spark in the Clan, but he was a good and honourable Phoenix, passionate about nature and conservation, so why hadn’t she picked him? The nakado was looking at her, oh, right; it never occurred to her to ask why she was so trusting. “Daigotsu Ryuu.”

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:10 pm 
Wearing a fabulous peacock dress, Fusako took the stage as her lineage was announced. She paid half attention to it all before she looked around at those gathered. Her eyes met a few of those around with small winks and sympathetic smiles before her eyes settled on Susumu Nara. She beckoned.

"I choose Susumu Nara."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:00 pm 
Shoan calmly walks to the stage as generations of loyal Murame are recited, a lineage few would know of and fewer would care about. She remembers every name and it's with their tradition of service ringing in her ears that she looks over the crowd.

There's a half second wait as her eyes search out friends, some standing by their partners some yet to choose. The Lion bows her head to them all before her gaze falls on one samurai in particular.

"I choose Nozomi of the Kitsu, Priestess of the Lion as my spouse. We will bring honour to our Clan...."
A brief pause before continuing
"And I will bring honour to her. She deserves to smile every day."

Shoan bows formally and walks back to stand next to Nozomi, radiating a quiet pride.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 pm 
It had been the blink of an eye or a year of deep mining, but the miai was finally drawing to a close for Koseki. He couldn't quite believe it when his turn came and no one had selected the match that was best for his Clan. In a way he would have been happy if they had, because he genuinely liked Hida Akemi and thought they would have been happy together. But this was about Duty. Opportunities like this were rare for a Minor Clan.

Koseki drew himself up against the now familiar pull of gravity and strode onto the stage in his dress uniform. The gold shone brightly in the sunlight, offset nicely by the browns.

"Thank you for inviting me to participate in this wonderful event." He bowed to the Governor. "I choose Isawa Akemi of the Phoenix. I look forward to exploring strange new worlds with her and forging strong bonds with her clan."

With a deep bow to the assembled audience he returned to the crowd, sharing a bright smile with his many new friends.

Off to one side ghost dad was tearing up. Theres a good lad. I knew you had it in you.

---

Picks Isawa Akemi (NPC) to join the Firefly.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:31 pm 
Akemi walked to the scene, wearing her usual suit. She had the natural calm of someone who started the day with no plan and thus could not be disappointed.

Her own recital was shorter than most as the nakodo diplomatically forgot to mention her ancestors on her grandfather's side.

Outside the never-ending words and acts of politeness, she only uttered two words:

"Ikoma Izumi."

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:20 pm 
As Katsuo was reading off his family lineage, Tsugiharu reflected on the events that had brought him here. When he first arrived on planet, he had thought the Phoenix wouldn't match him at all. Still, early on he picked out the six candidates that would be most acceptable to him and his clan. As the miai progressed, and he failed to distinguish himself, he started to wonder if he was just going to end up with some random Phoenix that their clan had deemed surplus to requirements. He wasn't rich, or well connected, or especially charming, why wouldn't people want to marry someone better?

But in the end, it was Kinuye who had his back. Hours spent in the library had pleased her, and seeing that he was willing to risk everything in that battlefield had edged him just enough that he got to pick who he would choose. He said a silent prayer of thanks to Kinuye...the Phoenix wouldn't tolerate one aloud.

"I choose Moshi Atena as the candidate I wish to marry." he stated as the lineage came to an end.

Last edited by Kuchiki Tsugiharu on Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:49 am 
Tsuruchi Chiyo

(fluff later)

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:58 am 
[Boogiepop Ghost]

Isawa Sora seethed as Asako Chiruha had been picked right underneath his notice. How could he not anticipate a Scorpion in all of this, after putting all of his efforts in going after the Yasuki! Blast the Bayushi! This would not do! As much as he would want to dwell on this forever, he had his own life and future to consider.

"Yasuki Masuko," he would announce as his choice after the formalities would allow him.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:53 am 
Joo sighed, his eyes settling on Hoshi as she moved towards Tetsu. That was unfortunate.

Still, he was here for one thing.

"isawa Makoto"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:00 am 
When the young priest walked to the stage, he shot a longing gaze at a certain Shiba before speaking a different name, the nakado looking rather awkward as they read Saneyuki's lineage. The rumors of the sect's plans had been running rampant for few days and while the new lord magistrate has moved to quell such such things people still talked, even if the media focused on the miai.

"Shiba Orihime"

Run by GM Tassu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next