It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D12 EE] Prepare for Trouble (open)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:24 pm 
Shizuku returned to the garden as the sun began to set and everything for the ceremony earlier was removed. She hadn't been expecting everything earlier. She supposed she should have. Life and politics were always complicated, and Akihiko was a high ranking Lion. Even knowing intellectually what he'd told her last night, it had still been a bit of a surprise.

Now... Well, she didn't expect things to be smooth, and as the lower ranked samurai, she expected some kind of confrontation to come to her. Might as well enjoy the garden while she waited. At least she could do it without the stuffy kimono now, having showered and changed into shorts and a set of layered tank tops

Post subject: Re: [D12 EE] Prepare for Trouble (open)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:59 pm 
Ishiyo followed her cousin, she had no issue with the match but felt the need to be near Shizuku. Numbers to deter tempers.

"Daidoji-san." Her smile was reassuring. She didn't say it out loud but her expression said enough. Here if you need me.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:03 pm 
She smiled warmly toward Ishiyo. "Cousin." He own expression of warm relief was equally clear thanks for her presence. "That was quite a thing earlier, wasn't it?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:25 pm 
Tetsu sees splotches of white hair and plays the odds. "Shizuku-san! Shizuku-san?" There is Ishiyo too, so he bows to both.

"I..." He trails off, words hard to form.

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 pm 
She took a breath before turning and bowing to him with a small smile. "Kaiu-san, good evening."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:49 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
She smiled warmly toward Ishiyo. "Cousin." He own expression of warm relief was equally clear thanks for her presence. "That was quite a thing earlier, wasn't it?"

"It seems...there are some ill feelings on your betrothed's choice." Ishiyo adds with a soft sigh, as the Kaiu approaches she steps to the side to let them speak but stays close enough to intervene if it was necessary.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:06 pm 
"The same to you Daidoji-san." Tetsu does his best to fix a smile to his face. "I had hoped this would be under different circumstances, but a samurai's duty..."

He lets the words dangle.

"I enjoyed working with you. It's a pity our projects will be coming to an end."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:13 pm 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"The same to you Daidoji-san." Tetsu does his best to fix a smile to his face. "I had hoped this would be under different circumstances, but a samurai's duty..."

He lets the words dangle.

"I enjoyed working with you. It's a pity our projects will be coming to an end."

She nodded. "It is what it is. I enjoyed working with you, as well. As to the project... I suppose so. That's up to you and politics."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:17 pm 
"Two things I know I should master but sadly haven't quite managed to." Tetsu offers a dark chuckle at his self effacing joke. "Things are...with your match then?" He tries to leave it is open ended as possible, knowing that there's nothing he can do to change it, no matter the response, but somehow he needs to know.

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:25 pm 
"Things will be difficult in political terms. Very difficult. We can overcome it, though," she said, looking to the side with a small smile. "So, difficult, but it's a happy match."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:35 pm 
Something shifts in Tetsu's smile and he bows before he commits a faux pas. "May it be a joyous union then. Please, take care." He stays in the position, not wanting to look up. "If you excuse me, I have arrangements of my own to see to. Thank you for your time Daidoji-san's."

Tetsu tries to rise into a stiff, military posture and turns to depart with what grace he can muster.

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:36 pm 
"I-" She stops as he starts walking away. "I hope you that you and Shiba-san are well, too."

She sighed and shook her head.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:50 pm 
Tetsu stops midstride, and doesn't trust himself to turn around. "We'll make our joy, the Fortunes willing...Thank you." He continues again, wanting nothing more than to be out of sight and have a strong drink.

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:12 am 
Ishiyo remained quietly throughout their conversation. Her own thoughts had turned melancholic as they talked, but she managed to keep her expression level.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:18 am 
She looked toward Ishiyo, frowning a little as she shifted her focus away from Tetsu and herself. "Daidoji-san, are you all right?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:33 am 
"Hmm?" Ishiyo snapped out of her funk, "Oh just thinking how just being told one's future spouse might be the kindest method afteh all." She chuckles at that, "...at least foh some." Her eyes turn to where the Crab had departed.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:42 am 
She let out a breath and shook her head. "I've been thinking the same thing," she said, sliding onto a bench. "I was just thinking the other night of how Tanabata seems romantic, but it just seems painful. Benten almost doesn't need a wrathful aspect."

She looked toward Izhiyo. "How did you wind up being sent to a miai rather than the traditional method, Daidoji-san?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:58 am 
"Fifth child and the only warrior among them," Ishiyo remarked, "Father was hoping this whole thing would tame my martial impulses I think. I...am not sure how he will take it when it sinks in I am not a Crane anymore."

Her smile turned more wry, "Well...it is not harm to find a play on the dangehs of Benten's domain. So I suppose we should consideh ourselves pre-warned."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:08 am 
"An interesting choice of miais for taming one's martial impulses," she said with a small chuckle. "When it comes to Benten, I wonder if forewarned is really forearmed. I came with every intent to find a respectable husband within the alliance."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:13 am 
"I did as well...and it seemed the goal was accomplished." Ishiyo responded with a slight twitch of her lip. "...it was all the otheh complications that made things difficult no?"

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next