It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D12, EN] Hooked on a Feeling
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:48 pm 
Still beyond relieved that today went as planned... Well, for her at least. But she didn’t dwell on any of that. What she did focus on was trying to find a nice quiet spot to spend with her betrothed before they both had to leave. Maybe they could catch the same shuttle back, a fitting bookend to this trip.

Hide waited at the gardens, finding them at night to be relatively quiet with few people walking around.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

Post subject: Re: [D12, EN] Hooked on a Feeling
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:11 pm 
Despite her sparse schedule, it felt like a particularly long day. This was perhaps attributed that she found herself on a whole new path ahead of her and something she wholly did not expect to be on by the end of this, despite being here for a miai. She still had an ancestral sword of her ancestors to return too.

She was dressed the same as earlier when she showed up to the gardens once more. It was particularly easy for her to find Hide among the mushrooms and various other plants.

"Hey there, soldier," she said with a sly smirk.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm 
Hide’s eyes fell on Eriko, and with that a genuine smile crossed the Matsu’s features. She just stood there a second to take in the moment for what it was: a fitting end to this miai.

“Hey there, trouble maker,” Hide responded in turn with a playful smirk

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:31 pm 
Eriko chuckled at the name and walked over to her to give her a nudge of her shoulder with her hands at her side, "Hey now, don't call me that in public, especially when I'm going to be your wife now. Looks like your persistence paid off, congrats."

She smirked and wave her a motion to walk with her as she continued down the path of the gardens on a leisurely pace.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 pm 
“It was a bit touch and go there. Being third to last to pick and all.” Hide moved to keep pace with Eriko, thankful that the night wasn’t hot and sticky for once. Being outside was actually pleasant, perfect for the moment. “So... Looking forward to being Matsu Eriko?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:07 am 
"Yeah, I thought I was going to get picked for sure but maybe I'm giving myself too much credit. I don't think you got too many people crazy enough wanting to throw themselves down on me to take a shot, except for you, of course," she smiled.

She shrugged. "I don't know, it's going to be a bit strange. I never envisioned myself to be a Lion before here and especially a Matsu. And the face paint is probably going to stay, in case you're wondering. It's not a family thing, it's a training thing, a piece from my sensei."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:26 am 
“Hey, for what it’s worth, I think you’re a real catch. I personally think you didn’t get picked because you didn’t get out and meet more people,” Hide leaned towards Eriko as they walked, returning the shoulder bump from earlier. The back of her hand, however, brushed against Eriko’s perhaps by accident.

“And as far as the face paint goes, I figured. And I wouldn’t have it any other way,” a sly smirk found itself on Hide’s lips, “I quite like you how you are.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:15 am 
Eriko didn't think it was an accident and smirked as she glanced to her hand. "Well, you're probably right about meeting people. I've been pretty busy and I was really leaving it up to you to meet these new people. In a way, you've kind of managed. I wake up in bed and found myself greeted with so and so many new faces. But yeah, it could have helped to go out more."

"Oh, good, I was almost ready to see you disappointed when you found out it wasn't part of the deal. I'm going to need something to hide my blush if you're going to keep on saying things like that! Of course, now I'm a bit of a loss how I go from where and life as a Lion. Do you think they're actually going to dig up my sheet during my time in mandatory duty and put me back on radar watch?" she said, hoping that wasn't the case.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 am 
“Now that I think about it, it is a little unfair that you can see me blush but I can’t see you blush,” she said with a mock pout. All the while Hide’s hand brushed against Eriko’s again. It definitely wasn’t an accident, that’s for sure. “But duty wise... Well, we can figure that as we go. Maybe we can come up with something that lets you get out more? I would hate for you to get stuck with radar duty again.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:53 am 
Once could have been considered a coincidence but twice was pushing it. Since Hide dared to do that again, Eriko merely caught her hand this time and held it hers. She gave the back of Hide's hand a pat reassuringly. "Well, that's something that you'll just have to deal with! Thankfully for you, I'm not going to be wearing it all the time, especially if we're going to be living together. It would be nice to keep going what I'm doing, although that means you might see less of me. Then again, I get a feeling that might be the case already with your duty. No chance they'll stick you in a garrison and just train the younglings?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:14 am 
Now that her big ‘surprise’ was out of the bag, Hide slipped he hand in Eriko’s grip so the holding was much more mutual. “Me training kids? Huh. Never thought about that. I don’t really know. I mean, maybe requesting a change in my duties would be for the best regardless. Might be necessary for when, y’know, we start doing the whole family thing. Which doesn’t have to happen right away!”

“And, never thought I’d ever say this, but man, saying that I’ll see you without the face paint when we start living together sounds really intimate!” Hide glanced at Eriko, trying to imagine what she must look like under the face paint. “I guess I never really imagined marrying a Kuni. These kind of thoughts are new to me.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:44 am 
Eriko did make an effort to veer them on a path where they would be less seen. It was unlikely in a public garden but there were narrower pathways where it could look less obvious that two women were holding hands. "Just an idea, I can't say I know how being a soldier would work. Being a Lion soldier, being a Matsu. In preparation for the family thing..."

"...which is not going to happen right away," she said with a nervous chuckle. It wasn't going to be a bridge she was going to cross, not even with a conversation.

Hide must have already seen her without facepaint after she was rescued, her enduring waterboarding wasn't exactly pleasant.

"And I can't say I imagine being a Lion...any sort of tips for me? I guess it might have helped if I hung around your kinsmen more. How were they like here, anyway?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 pm 
“Well, I’m from Matsu Prime, so... Uhhh, when you get there, don’t be surprised by the number of brawls. The stereotypes are a bit exaggerated, but there’s some truth to them!” Hide couldn’t help but chuckle, her grip on Eriko’s hand tightening slightly as her mind shifted to the members of her Clan here, “I told you before that Murame Shoan was really cool. She is. But, I... I would avoid Kitsu Nozomi if I were you. Akodo-sama and Murame-san were supportive of my decision, Kitsu-san was very much less so. Something about denouncing one of the Crab for some rumors about a fling with a Spider? So, yeah, might avoid her unless you want to be badgered. Real easy to spot that one, she was the one that made that huge scene about Akodo-sama’s very questionable decision.”

Hide glanced towards Eriko as they continued to walk, making sure that she hadn’t bored her with the inner turmoil among her Clan here, “You know, I don’t think my roommates are going to be back tonight. If you’re worried about being spotted,” she motioned to their held hands, “Mumei-san very explicitly stated she was not going to be back. And I don’t want to imagine why, knowing her.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:24 pm 
"Brawls?" she said with some legitimate surprise, "I had thought the first thing I should be concerned about stepping foot on Matsu Prime was studying the Bushido and reciting my lineage. I suppose the Matsu are known to be the most martial of the martial Lion. Not to worry, not like I don't know my way around a brawl or two. I don't seek them but that's a dance I can do if they want me to. I might have some moves that might surprise Nakauchi-san, I bet."

"Hah, yeah, that one," she said with a snicker, recalling the display, "couldn't tell she was the type until she started screaming murder. I'll watch out for that one."

She gave her hand a small squeeze and she smirked at her, "and what? You were thinking we could hold hands all day? I think the movie of the night is over, unfortunately. No fireworks either."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:41 pm 
“Well, I meant around bars. Some booze and a bunch of Matsu is a dangerous combination,” Hide smirked, obviously half-joking at this point. “Might have to brush up on your lineage and Bushido, though. If only for meeting my family. Actually, I never asked you about yours. Any siblings? I have three brothers.”

A bit of red spread across Hide’s cheeks as Eriko gave her that smirk, “I... Well, it was a suggestion. We don’t have to, I just want to enjoy your company is all. Which we can do out here! No need to listen to what I said before, nope.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:17 am 
"Ahah," she said with a nod of realizing, "suddenly now I get what you're talking about when you said that you know bars very well. And where those barfights come from. I suppose I've been at my share of those too, only because a tip has gone south or I just end up randomly meeting the wrong person at the wrong time."

"Aren't you supposed to check up on that before picking me," she said at first before smilingly, "now I can imagine why Kitsu-san would be so wary of me if you didn't do your homework or the research. I'm the middle child, by the by. I have one brother and one sister, in case you're wondering."

"Are you something of an eager creature all of a sudden?" she said inquisitively before she brought the held hand up and gate the back of her hand a quick kiss.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:41 am 
“Ohhh, I’m also one of the middle children. Well, the younger of the two, third of four. All my brothers are already married. My eldest brother is going to have his first child relatively soon, too!” Hide just casually dropped that they’d both be aunts. Eriko may have been right about that homework stuff.

Hide’s face burned a bright red as she watched Eriko give the back of her hand a kiss like that. She didn’t really expect it, but she wasn’t going to complain at all. “You know... That only makes me more eager.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:08 am 
"I don't know if you'd actually want me at a family gathering but if it's a Lion tradition," she gave a deep and reluctant nod, "I guess you could twist my arm to go. With the Kuni, if you don't want to show up, it might be considered being courteous...with a side of suspicious."

Eriko chuckle out loud and gave Hide a pat on the hand, "I'm not trying to tease, just letting you know how I feel."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:23 am 
Hide’s brow rose at that, but a smirk tugged at her lips. “Oh, I have to twist your arm to come to our wedding? Should we expect your family to be courteous and absent? I have a lot to learn about my future wife’s family.”

“You know,” Hide paused, giving Eriko’s hand a squeeze before pulling her just a tad closer, “I am going to miss you. A lot. Three months is a long time. Given how long these past twelve days have felt. Probably because we got a lot done.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:08 am 
Eriko chuckled at that and shook her head, "No, you don't need to worry about that. I'll be there, with bells on! I guess a kimono, too? My family should be there, weddings aren't something we miss, even if the enthusiasm might be tepid."

"It is a long time, yeah," she nodded solemnly at that with a return squeeze. "Days are going to feel longer when I know I have a 'partner' out there. But not to worry, I'm sure we'll do much more once we see each again. I promise."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next