It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Fungal Umbrella's [Day 4, EM]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:07 pm 
Waking up early Ichika found herself greeted by the sound of the thunder-strike in the background. Trying to convince her sleepy brain it was just nerves she went through her morning process, getting ready and dressing in her kimono for the meeting. When she set down her makeup she heard another booming crack. Opting for something light that she could wipe off relatively easy if the storm destroyed her work. Deciding the risk for an impression was worth it.

Few spritzes of the perfume, she collected up her umbrella and slipped out before anyone else awoke. Using some quick tactics she tried to stay underneath overhangs where appropriate, and relied on the umbrella for the rest. Still.. she showed up quite a bit wet, and a little worse for wear.

Enough so that when she got there she found herself into the bathroom quickly, wiped down her face, and then redid it. Checking once more in the mirror she looked presentable she smiled, looked over her kimono and decided that it'd just have to get cared for once more. Far less comfortable then it was before but.. she still loved it.

With a quick cheer she psyched herself up for the mistakes of the day, and then stepped back outside. Standing under an overhang or some other structure where she might find some cover while she awaited the governor to arrive.

Post subject: Re: Fungal Umbrella's [Day 4, EM]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:13 pm 
The governor would arrive a little late, followed by no fewer than two assistants. One of them carried a large, bright orange military-grade comms unit on his back, they young man visibly suffering under the weight. A young woman followed the governor, carrying a large umbrella in her arms, keeping governor and herself dry. The man carrying the comms unit was less lucky, his cloths drenched by this point.

"Ah, Doji-san, I presume?" the governor greeted Ichika, bobbing his head. His servants remained still as if they were queer sort of mobile furniture. "I hope Doji-san has had her rice?"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:30 pm 
"You assume correctly Asako-sama," she bid the governor a deep bow as granted his station. "Thank you for meeting with me," she offered with a brief smile. "I have, though it was a touch quicker and less.." she tilted her head to the right, far more slightly than usual, "robust," she found the right word, "than it might normally be but I'll be certain to fix that later."

"I hope Asako-sama's duties have afforded him the chance to receive his daily blessing as well?" she asked with a light and pleasant smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:47 pm 
"Well, my assistants told me that Doji-san was..." he licked his lips. "Very tenacious." Smirking, the old man bobbed his head at her. "Light breakfast keeps you quick on your feet, I have found. As for me, yes, thank you. The Fortunes have been rather kind to me." The servant carrying the umbrella tried to stand as close to the governor to stay dry - while trying to keep a polite social distance. Naokuni paid no heed to the two commoners. "So, Doji-san. We should perhaps head to the gazebo. Please follow." There was a hint of steel in his voice, the man having once been a military commander. "So, do tell me. What can I do for Doji-san today?"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:16 pm 
When the 's' hit in tenacious hit Ichika offered a smile, best way to distract and hide any other improper expressions. That steel did inspire quick reactions, to Ichika it gave her a bit of a pause before it though. With a dipped head she pulled out her own sky blue umbrella and stepped out alongside the governor at a proper distance.

"Most importantly I had hoped to meet you Asako-sama," she chuckled, "but more than that, I hoped to even get a chance to ask you a question?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:34 pm 
"A question?" he asked as they strolled towards the gazebo, the rain hammering against the caps of the tall fungal stalks, the sound resembling that of a battery of taiko drums.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:48 pm 
Ichika's default was a light smile, with the rain. A calming sense that overrides most others which came in with the pattering as they walked. "Mhmm," she said, dipping her head. "We all must entertain the thought of what best may help our Clan's, what we want, as prospective Samurai invited to this Miai," she framed her question as they walked. Glancing down to the damp ground beneath.

"So, we must also ask what match would be support us best as Samurai. A question which feels.. selfish to most, but that's cause they don't understand the long term, yea? So, Asako-sama, I had hoped to wonder after what you most hoped for from this Miai?" she looked up to him, a pleasant smile she wore amid the rain and thunder.

[OOC: During this thread I do hope to make use of the Doji technique, perhaps to the above question. That said, I know it's too early yet but I figured I'd note it now.]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:03 am 
"Well, yes." The governor nodded. "Doji-san is pointing out the obvious, I think." The assistant carrying the umbrella looked away, trying to stifle her laughter. The other servant, drenched as he was, looked less amused. "What else there is. We all serve, one way or another." Naokuni poked his index finger into his chest. "Even one such as myself, even if I have these useless twips following me."

"I think that is something that your kin would know the best, no?" an eyebrow rose a little, frustration seeping into his voice. "Your nakado ought to know such things better than some moldy old man, no?" The governor huffed. "Now, I don't think that wanting to be of use is particularly selfish. As long as you don't mind doing what is asked of you. That's the problem with all the young samurai nowadays. They all talk about how they are noble and brave and the moment you ask them do something they don't like they'll start staring at their feet. Gutless pu...wussies if you ask me!" The older man added, smirking. "What I hope the most? I think Doji-san would know the answer, doesn't she?" he asked in return.

_______

OOC: Just roll.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:31 am 
"Hopefully," she said, with an extended sound to it, raising up her chin slightly as she said it but bringing herself to a natural resting position right after. "I will be granted every chance I have to show that I am a Samurai who will get things done, Asako-sama. I certainly came here with a goal," she said, looking to him with a raised brow, "not to just get married but.. to start my life as a proper Samurai anew, yea?" she smiled.

"As for what you want, I do have my ideas, Asako-sama," she said, a happy little chuckle. "Somewhere to start, certainly, but there are few things better than learning from you yourself. After all," she smiled, "who would know Asako-sama's hopes better than he?"

[OOC]
EM 4 | Soul of Honor: Courtier (Manipulation) [Awa] vs Etiquette (Courtesy) [Awa], Free Raise if Applicable: 7d10r1o10k4 32
[Not certain if Free Raise can be applied here: 32(37?) vs __

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:36 pm 
"Mhmhm." the governor mused, scratching his chin. "Something like that, I suppose. They teach us that happens to us every time we learn something. That the old 'me' dies, figuratively of course. And with the new knowledge 'new' person is born. For surely a person who can fly a glider is not the same person who cannot? That is why..." he licked his lips, patting the mon on his chest. "... that is why we are the Phoenix. Because to learn is to be reborn, time and time again. Or so the priests told me." Naokuni chuckled. "But it sounds good, doesn't it?"

"What do I want? Civilization. We are surrounded by untamed wilderness. The forests and the highlands are full of dangers. The river, beautiful as it is, is deadly. We must push the wilderness back. We must expand the city, build more forges, more factories." There was a strange gleam on his eyes as he talked of his lands. "But, there are some regressive thinkers who would rather have things stay as they are." he huffed.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:51 pm 
"Mmm," she vocalized her agreement with the first, it was an ever fitting thing for the Clan of knowledge. That there was a beauty to the ring of the words for it she certainly couldn't deny and she declared as much with her smile.

As he continued, Ichika watched the rain patter down as she listened, a neutral look with a warmth to it that was ever inviting. "I think that's a good wish, Asako-sama," she said, a soft smile. "Though I can appreciate this planets beauty, it is the dutiful Samurai who sees the danger in it, yea?" she looked to him, another smile. "Both desires, for the preservation of the beauty of this planet but the safety of it's denizens are noble goals. Maybe it is that these thinkers have not considered the cost their desires would have?" she suggested.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 pm 
"A kakita with his blade is both beautiful and deadly." The governor replied with a smirk on his lips. "Yet few would build a home on his head." The assistant carrying the umbrella groaned, shaking her head. "Are we not above the beasts, second only to the Kami?" he asked. "Is it not our destiny to spread across the stars." The official Imperial Dogma decreed the men superior to any aliens, vindicating the ever expanding Empire to extinguish any resistance it might encounter. "Surely we can bring beauty and order where death and decay rule now."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:51 pm 
"Mmm," she nodded her head, glancing to the assistant who groaned for a moment but then looked back. "Crane planets are not known for their danger, Asako-sama," she laughed into her sleeve, shifting the umbrella with her other hand to accomplish this. "So, it's only natural that I agree," she nodded.

"I only mean to point out that those who seek to think in counter to you believe they champion a noble goal as well, and they do," she assented with a nod, "but.. the nobility of their one goal shouldn't weigh against the nobility of the other. Considering," she said, glancing forward so she could focus more on the words than presenting, "well.. security for those you must protect, and creating a beauty of your own in taming this world, they are both noble goals as well. One's that lead to safety and security for us as Samurai and those below us whom we are all sworn to protect in our actions, yea?" she said, looking to him with a smile.

"So I do not disagree with you, Asako-sama, when I say that their goal is noble as well. I-" she rocked her head a little, a small smile, "well, I just mean to say that perhaps we must consider they see only the nobility of their own goal and neglect to have looked for the nobility in yours? Maybe they require guidance to find the better path that would serve all, greater?" she suggested.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 pm 
"Not anymore, neh. The Asahina are really good with that, aren't they?" he asked her, referring to the fabled worldcrafters who shaped worlds much like a Lion potter might shape clay. "Perhaps they once were death worlds like this Asakaze, hmm? Why wouldn't we do the same your ancestors have done?" Governor smirked as they reached a small gazebo, Naokuni striding as if he owned the thing. The servants remained outside, both of them now huddling under the large umbrella.

"Those people can think what they want." he huffed, shaking his head. "I want things to happen. Not people to think. I want to support my daimyo. For that, I need steel, machines and men. Mushrooms, are pretty as they are, don't fight pirates." Ichika could hear barely contained ire in Naokuni's voice. "Yes, safety of my people and the safety of my kin. That is what I want." Sweeping his hand to the side, he turned to the Crane. "But these planet people, they don't understand. What noble is there to failing your liege? What noble is there to watch your kin to die from afar?"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:17 pm 
Ichika dutifully awaited the governor to make the first steps up into the gazebo, once he was up and clear she stepped up after. Bringing her umbrella down she quickly shook off some of the rain before finding somewhere she might place her umbrella for the moment and then joined with the governor again.

Hiding her purse away with her hands into her kimono's sleeves. Feeling, or more noticing, the weight of the water soaked bottom of her kimono and footwear. That pause did give her the time to test and listen in on the quality of his voice, a small smirk for herself, she nodded psyching herself up to continue. By the time Naokuni turned to her she was the face of a Crane courtier, albeit with her own personal touch in that smile.

"What do you think they fear most, Asako-sama? That they do not wish to contribute to saving their kin and comrades?" she asked with a raised brow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:47 pm 
"I have no idea what they fear." he grumbled. "They want to keep the lands as they are. To co-exist. Now Doji-san, would you want to coexist with 20 feet tall lizards that can eat man in two bites? Hmm?" The servants looked both miserable and embarrassed, lowering their gazes in unison. "We are destined to prosper. To rule over the lands given to us by the Heavens and Him on the Throne. It's not like I want to cover everything with concrete like on World of Dreams! I just want a proper city."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:56 pm 
"Have they declared how such a thing might be possible, Asako-sama?" she asked, raising a brow as she joined a little closer toward him, maybe a step closer to the edge of the gazebo just so she could look out into the rain.

"Knowing the strengths of your opponent's argument is the first step toward convincing them, after all," she said, glancing back toward the servants at first, a soft smile, but then refocused on Naokuni.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:16 am 
"Yes. By doing nothing." the governor harrumphed. "Keeping things as they are now, or even preferably taking down few farms too close to the forest." It was rather evident that he wasn't fan of the idea. "They say we are somehow bothering the spirits of this land." he waved his hand in the general direction of west. "Bollocks. The shugenja who work for me tell that the kami don't really care."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:23 am 
"Hmm.." she vocalized, furrowing her brow. After a moment she said, "I don't like to think that your people are acting without good reason, Asako-sama, but maybe the reason they have is misunderstood? Could certainly be that speaking with them more.. maybe figuring out what their problem really is, the one they attribute to spirits? Maybe it might help you and your people resolve this friction?" she suggested a gentle smile played on her lips.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:33 pm 
"I think they are, Doji-san." Naokuni interjected, looking markedly at her. "And here, I decide how things are, no? If a Crane lord wants to build a planet encompassing refuge for wildlife, that is their call. Now, I want none of that foolishness and yet these people keep yapping." he waved his hand as if to dismiss the idea. "Maybe there is a reason. They like the nature. Spirits of the world and all that stuff. Yet there's no document, no research that would show that we have done any damage to the world so far. Or that we would do." Shaking his head, the governor looked at Ichika. "Doji-san, remind me why I am having this discussion with you?"

Run by GM Tassu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next