It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 

Post subject: Soft-People Hours [Day 1, EN]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:19 am 
Ichika found that by the end of the evening she'd felt that she wasn't quite ready for bed. Collecting her little pack she brought her stuff in she'd carried with her a few of the papers, the writing implement, and her densai. A few things to help her capture the moment if she needed. By the door of the Inn she'd been caught by Matsu Hide who dutifully elected to walk with her into what would soon be the night. Then, the pair, were caught up with by Kuchiki Satoru who, all familiar with Hide, offered to join them.

Together they made their way to the gardens. A nice enough place to take a walk with the sun-set to revive their spirits. With the heat of the day soon promising to relent without the power of the sun.

"It is a pleasant light, the sun-set," she said, looking around at the gardens in this new light. Taking in the images, the colors.

Post subject: Re: Soft-People Hours [Day 1, EN]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:41 am 
Hide had taken it upon herself to make sure that Ichika didn’t wander out alone at night. Especially since she had heard some of the locals mentioning people going missing. Despite her jovial exterior, Hide was still a Matsu and she couldn’t ignore a fellow samurai in need.

“Yeah, it feels nice when the sun goes down. Especially on a muggy planet like this.” Hide opted to not mention that weird gross smell that has been wafting in on the breeze all day. “The colors are pretty here, too.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:05 pm 
Satoru was just in the right place at the right time so to speak and wasn't ready to go to bed just yet but he was a bit more relaxed after the bath and when he saw the pair leaving he figured why not? He was here to meet new people after all.

"Yes the garden is a lovely example of the local flora and this temperature profile reminds me a bit of the wild zones of Dark Forge where I grew up." he says slowly as they walk.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:45 pm 
"I never really experienced something quite like this growing up," she said, turning around and walking backwards a few steps. Despite her rather restrictive wear she seemed to have either altered the dress or grown accustomed to the action.

"Well, beauty I found, but this is definitely a different kind. It's.. nice," she said, a sniffle. "But this will all stay here a while yet," she looked back to her two conversation partners. Turning to walk more properly with them. "I would very much like to know more about you two? Who wants to go first?" she asked with a sly grin. "Matsu-sama? Kuchiki-sama?" she looked between the both of them with that same grin.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:15 pm 
Satoru looked at the Doji woman for a moment "Well I am a Doctor and engineer by training, I was born with the ability to speak with the kami. I grew up on Dark Forge the homeworld of the Kuchiki, I joined Unit 137 soon after my Gempukku, went through basic training. I currently help establish new colonies on our recently discovered worlds so I move around frequently." he paused for a moment "What else would Doji-san like to know?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:16 pm 
“Errr...” Hide was a bit more caught off guard by the question than the Spider. “Well, I’m the third child out of four. All three of my brothers are married. I’m a marine, so my duties involve the safe transport of crew and cargo. Uhhh... My hobbies include baseball, swimming, and wrestling.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm 
Ichika laughed, looking between the two, Bushi were always so strangely the same in some regards. "Relax a little," she joyfully, with a light calming motion with her hands. "It's not an interrogation. At least, not quite like that," she chuckled.

"Hmm, so, Matsu-san, and Kuchiki-san," she corrected, upon this new information. Looking at Hide for a moment she seemed to examine her, in her way, and then a light smile flashed as if to put Hide at ease. "So, Kuchiki-san, what kind of things do you enjoy? Since Matsu-san beat you to that one?" she flashed a smile back to Hide with that one before returning her attention.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:40 pm 
Satoru adjusted his glasses with a small chuckle tinged with maybe a touch of nerves "It seems she did, well I spend the majority of my free time reading, learning new things about almost anything. New procedures for work, interesting facts about different subjects. I can sometimes get too into learning a new topic if something interests me until I feel I have a solid grasp of it. Outside of that I enjoy working out, a sharp mind requires a sharp body, and play a bit of Fantasy Fight here and there."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 pm 
Ichika seemed pretty sincere and kind, Hide mused. Something about her laugh and smile did have a calming effect. With her nerves no longer a bit frayed, the Matsu turned her attention to the Spider as he spoke. “Ah, and you keep up the work out routine well. I respect that.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:19 am 
"Mhmm," Ichika agreed on Hide's note. "Well, I enjoy poetry. Writing it, reading it. When I was younger I always found myself attracted to the arts like my mother was before me, even if she never became well known for them. Yet, it was poetry that really took me when I was," she put her down to the height of 5 or 6 year old Ichika. "Ever since I fell in love with it I've been reading, listening, and writing poetry ever since. I think a lot of Samurai these days forget about the heart of what it means to be one and," she waved her hand in front of her face. "Let me not go on too much," a short laugh before she kept the momentum.

Glancing between the two she smiled, "Seems we have the body, and the mind," and then she put her hand on her chest, "and the spirit," she said with a short giggle.

"Well," she said, finding them a place they could sit among the garden for a moment. Taking the first seat, "What do you both hope to have come of this Miai?" she asked, looking to Hide, then Satoru, then back again if need be, expectantly until someone answers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:29 am 
Hide watched Ichika with a hint of fascination. Crane always moved so gracefully, even while just enjoying the gardens. How much training did she get to move like that? Most definitely far too much for Hide to not go insane if she tried.

They also spoke so eloquently, which was sometimes confusing. Hide was pretty sure the Spider was the mind and she was the body, but how could Ichika be the soul if she wasn’t a katana? Or... Is she?

“Oh, uh, yeah, the Miai. Uh. Well...” She rubbed at the back of her neck thoughtfully. “Well, obviously a spouse.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:21 am 
"Yes a spouse obviously." he echoed the Matsu "to find a match that serves my clan, to strengthen political ties with our allies such as the Crane and the Mantis."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:26 am 
Ichika giggled into her sleeve, waving the hand after she did as to draw attention away from it. All these Bushi answer in so similar a fashion! "Yes, of course, otherwise you wouldn't be here," she leaned her face toward the both of them and scrunched her nose, shaking it.

"We are here at a Miai," she reminds, "We are all here to find out spouse, to strengthen ties and serve our Clan. Yet, as this is what we are all here to do we yet have manage options and avenues for how we might manage such a thing. So.. we have a few options, yea? What kind of spouses do you think you're looking for? Who do you like?" she asked with a small laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:54 am 
"Any match that serves the clan will do, we are samurai we do not marry because we like someone we do not marry for love our marriage just as our lives are in service to our clan. I believe any marriage can become a blissful one if both parties are committed to it. There are matters of attraction that can make unions easier I would like a partner who is somewhat intelligent or clever, someone I find attractive and enjoy being around but in the end what I want matters little." he smirked to the Crane "I apologize if you were looking for a more romantic notion Doji-san."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 am 
Oh no. This was not something Hide was fully prepared to answer. “Uhh, I don’t think I’ll be as eloquent as Kuchiki-san is in my answer, but I would like to have someone that I can, y’know, be comfortable sharing a home with? And the other way around as well. Preferably someone with a sense of humor.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:41 am 
For a moment, Ichika looked at Satoru with a furrowed brow. Half considering that if she should look for a coin-slot to pop a zeni into, or swipe a card and see if he spit out a can of something, but before she could make herself laugh she shook her head and waved her hand to distract, "No no, a.. a decent enough answer, but as I said Kuchiki-san, we all know what we are here to do, yea?" she said with a slight tease of a smile.

Looking to Hide she brought her hands together, "That's a good answer Matsu-san," she said, nodding with a smile. "What we like in a partner doesn't have to be complex as long as it's true, yea?" she said with a short chuckle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:01 pm 
"Sure but knowing what we are here for and being able to do it correctly are two different things. Many tales of young samurai losing sight of their duty to follow their heart, few of them end well." he said with a rather even matter of fact tone "but what of you Doji-san? what are you looking for in a partner?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:55 pm 
Ichika tilted her head as she observed him a little, a small smile. "I'm plan to benefit my Clan, to show the worth when my mother and father raised me. Yet.. I would like to find myself someone who I can hold the house for well, as I was trained. Someone to retreat with at the end of a day filled with pursuing our duties. In that situation," she smiled, looking between them, "I would thrive as a spouse and a Samurai.."

"So, Kuchiki-san," she glanced more directly at him. "Sometimes, not avoiding thinking about the heart is how you do it correctly," she finished with a bright smile.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]