It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: Sparring Grounds (Day 6 Late Evening, Expecting)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:03 pm 
Hayato waited at the entrance of the gardens, garbed rather different then any had ever seen him in traditional clothing. Something that he owned, though he seldom wore due the extravagant nature of the clothing. Black Hakama over a sea green kimono of the finest silk: the kimono itself shined slightly in the light due to the gold thread used to embroider the bamboo leaf motif into the cloth. It was perfectly tailored to the young man, and he wore it well, though it was stifling hot in this weather and a few beads of sweat were evident on his forehead.

Stifling the urge to sigh, he waited for his companion, already wondering if it even had been worth wearing. Though he quickly dismissed the passing thoughts. He'd agree to this after all, there was no room for second thoughts anymore.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: Sparring Grounds (Day 6 Late Evening, Expecting)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:18 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato waited at the entrance of the gardens, garbed rather different then any had ever seen him in traditional clothing. Something that he owned, though he seldom wore due the extravagant nature of the clothing. Black Hakama over a sea green kimono of the finest silk: the kimono itself shined slightly in the light due to the gold thread used to embroider the bamboo leaf motif into the cloth. It was perfectly tailored to the young man, and he wore it well, though it was stifling hot in this weather and a few beads of sweat were evident on his forehead.

Stifling the urge to sigh, he waited for his companion, already wondering if it even had been worth wearing. Though he quickly dismissed the passing thoughts. He'd agree to this after all, there was no room for second thoughts anymore.

Shoan rounds the corner and takes a few moments to admire the Tsuruchi in his full ceremonial best. Well, what do you know, he even cleaned up nicely.

"Tsuruchi-san, you look nice tonight. I quite think black and gold are your colours."

As she bows politely, the contrast between the two of them couldn't be any more stark, as agreed.

Shoan is wearing a baggy white t-shirt with 'My Bushido Is Up Here!" emblazoned across the front. This is complimented by, of all things, a pair of khaki shorts and some comfortable looking sandals. She's clearly got enough climate appropriate clothing for the both of them. There's even a hint of something beige underneath the shirt, but it can be hard to tell, might just be a stationary vehicle or some kind of mushroom.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 pm 
Then briefly, there was a time paradox.

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"And you don't look bad yourself Ikoma-san." He replied returnign the bow polietly. "Quite comfortable in fact." If he noticed the mushroom under her shirt he didn't comment, even if he was kinda curious why she had decided to keep one there. Some sort of Lion clan techhnoque to appear curvy perhaps?

He smirked. "I think I'm actually a bit surprised you own shorts, I was expecting pants." There was no way a skirt was in the picture.

"It is....surprisingly freeing to be dressed as such, even if I feel I'm in my pajamas and these shows are of no use for running." or kicking

"I had considered pants but....well, sometimes one lives life on the edge, daringly, moment to moment....also I only have two pairs with me and they're both being washed."

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"It is pretty nice, easy to move around in too. Though you're right those sandals will likely fall right off if you tried to run." e smirked and glanced at her feet. "Still likely a bit better for running then heels like some of those pop stars wear."

"Only owning two pairs of pants is pretty daring." He agreed with a firm nod. "Good things you had the shorts around to serve as back up. Otherwise you might of actualyl had to come in pajamas." What was it about girls and public appearences in pajamas?

Shoan had the look of someone who only wore heels when she could complain about them.

"I'm sure you would have been just devastated had that occurred, good thing the shorts could save the day."
She steps beside Hayato, giving his kimono another approving nod before examining the entrance to the gardens

"I've heard it is often cooler inside amongst the greenery."

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Yes, I'm not quite sure I could come to terms with walking the gardens with someone in beige cotton pajamas." He teased, an amused smile on his lips.

A smile was offered towards the Lion as he took a step forwards towards the entrance, his tone light and perhaps a bit teasign as he spoke. "It is, I took some time before you arrived to reconnoiter the area, and set up the supplies a sufficent distance inside."

Reaching into a sleeve he pulled out a pair of u.v. glasses and held then out for the lion. "We might need these if we expect to blend in with the others present though."

"You wouldn't know where the beige ended and the samurai began."
There's a half smirk on her face as she accepts the glasses with thanks and slides them on

"Very thoughtful. Arrive early, performed good reconnaissance, made appropriate use of supplies. This is what I'm always looking for when I go to the garden."

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Removing his own glasses from his sleeve he slipped them on. "I'd never see you coming if we were in that fungal forest." He agreed with a serious nod, though his smile showed his amusement.

"It is a rather tactical approach." He agreed letting his eyes drift towards the plants around them, hoping to see how they changed with the glasses as they strolled towards their destination. "It also spare me from having to carry everything there while we walk and talk."

Shoan's reply is a little delayed as she turns her head this way and that, eyes smarting slightly at the sheer spectrum of colour and hue on display. Maybe Asakaze wasn't all that bad?.....Or maybe not.

"Naturally, it would somewhat ruin the atmosphere if you had two large duffel bags over your shoulders and had to keep stopping to catch your breath."
One of her hands brushes his, maybe by accident, the lion is wearing funny glasses
"This is much nicer."

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato didn't make a fuss over the touch, accidents did happen after all, and she was wearing funny glasses. "My thoughts exactly." Hayato replied with a soft chuckle.

"Though i suppose I could of always made you carry one of the duffelbags." He mused, eying the lioness for a moment, before letting his eyes drift back towards the garden.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:28 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato didn't make a fuss over the touch, accidents did happen after all, and she was wearing funny glasses. "My thoughts exactly." Hayato replied with a soft chuckle.

"Though i suppose I could of always made you carry one of the duffelbags." He mused, eying the lioness for a moment, before letting his eyes drift back towards the garden.

"Every woman's dream date is to be handed a duffelbag and told to carry it a couple miles to then help prepare food. It seems you narrowly missed out on the perfect evening."
Shoan shoots him an amused sideye while also apparently keeping her gaze on the iridescent plants around them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:33 pm 
"Perfect would of been if I had managed to hunt down some dinosaurs for us to eat after the hike." He countered with an amused smile on his lips.

Lifting his hand he held his thumb and index finger a slight bit apart "Sadly i was just this far off from making this a truly memorable evening."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Perfect would of been if I had managed to hunt down some dinosaurs for us to eat after the hike." He countered with an amused smile on his lips.

Lifting his hand he held his thumb and index finger a slight bit apart "Sadly i was just this far off from making this a truly memorable evening."

Sounding devastated“Oh dear, to think I shall have to forget your wonderful kimono after this evening. All but for a taste of dinosaur.”

“I hope you’ll be able to make it up to me in other ways.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 pm 
"Well, from what I'm told I'm at least a little bit charming, and occasionally women laugh at my jokes. It's not much compared to freshly grilled dinosaur and good exercise though."

He sighed melodramaticly and looked towards the sky. "We both can merely hope its enough."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:43 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well, from what I'm told I'm at least a little bit charming, and occasionally women laugh at my jokes. It's not much compared to freshly grilled dinosaur and good exercise though."

He sighed melodramaticly and looked towards the sky. "We both can merely hope its enough."

Sombrely, mimicking his sky gaze

“Occasionally, I’m sure. You are like grilled dinosaur of the mind. It will do, I think.”
Sliding her glasses down and shooting a teasing look across at him.

“At least it’s a good location. The gardens are quite something in the right light.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 am 
"I think thats the second best compliment you've ever given me." Hayato replied with a soft chuckle. "It nearly makes a man speechless."

"You're right though, this is the first time I've come here with someone else, and its quite nice."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:24 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I think thats the second best compliment you've ever given me." Hayato replied with a soft chuckle. "It nearly makes a man speechless."

"You're right though, this is the first time I've come here with someone else, and its quite nice."

“I never thought I’d enjoy stopping and looking at mushrooms quite this much... perhaps I should eat one?”
Shoan mimes a ‘nom’ before continuing to pace deeper into the garden.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 am 
"Well, it's not an ikebana arrangement, so it might not taste too bad... still likely best to pass."

He looked atvher and smirked. "If you did you might end up glowing with these uv shades after all."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well, it's not an ikebana arrangement, so it might not taste too bad... still likely best to pass."

He looked atvher and smirked. "If you did you might end up glowing with these uv shades after all."

“Now that would be quite the look, just a quietly pulsing orange stomach. I suspect I might get looks.”
She shrugs
“More looks than normal, anyway.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 am 
"Well, if they were wearing u.v. glasses." He looked her over for a moment. "If it's looks you're after though, you could maybe try doing something with your hair?"

"Like put it into spikes or something."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well, if they were wearing u.v. glasses." He looked her over for a moment. "If it's looks you're after though, you could maybe try doing something with your hair?"

"Like put it into spikes or something."

Neutrally“You think my hair would look better with spikes?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 am 
"Not particularly, it's kinda nice how you have it already." He offered her a playful smile. "Could just try putting it up into a tail or something though."

"It might look good."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Not particularly, it's kinda nice how you have it already." He offered her a playful smile. "Could just try putting it up into a tail or something though."

"It might look good."

“...Hmmm. Reasonable save.”
She reaches into a pocket and pulls out several hair bands.
“Give me a moment. We shall put this to the test.”
And she starts carefully working her hair into a maiden’s tail

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 am 
"Certainly."

He waited while she adjusted her hair a bit surprised she was doing it now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Certainly."

He waited while she adjusted her hair a bit surprised she was doing it now.

“Mmhm...mmhm...mmmhmm. Hold this”
She plonks some flips in Hayato’s hand as she twisted the hair this way and that.

“Annnd, there.”
With her new style it was easy to see the vibrant tattoos extending up the back and sides of the Lion.
“You might understand why I seek to... have a slightly more concealing approach to hair in my day to day.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 am 
He extended his hand to hold the items, there was no reason not to..

His eyes were on her as she finished, though a slight frown touched his lips at her words. "Why? Your tattoos are beautiful, they must of been done by a skilled hand. Not to mention the lonr of your neck is an attractive one. Do you really need to hide it?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
He extended his hand to hold the items, there was no reason not to..

His eyes were on her as she finished, though a slight frown touched his lips at her words. "Why? Your tattoos are beautiful, they must of been done by a skilled hand. Not to mention the lonr of your neck is an attractive one. Do you really need to hide it?"

“Thank you, the back of my neck is my proudest feature.”
She pulls her long tail to the side to keep it clear

“They were done by an extremely skilled hand, and I am proud of them. Both of my parents have the same tattoos, and my grandparents before them. But it is a family tradition and... tattoos in Lion lands are for criminals at best. It’s rude to draw attention to them.”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next