It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 LE] All Washed Up (Expecting)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:28 pm 
It seemed the subject had moved from the more private matter.

"I think some of it might also be because most samurai know very little about the Spider. It leaves much room for speculations..."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:19 am 
"We have our secrets like every clan and we are different from the rest of the Empire, different beliefs in some aspects. But we are not the first clan to join the Empire with strange practices or beliefs even their own gods. The difference being ours were seen as evil and blasphemous rather than just strange, they fear what they do not understand despite the wisdom of the Empress Iweko in allowing us to join and the Empire's faith placed in us to undertake a duty few if any other clan is willing to. In the end we have differences but we are not so different at our core, we serve our lords and the Empire loyally. We are not perfect, we have our flaws, but in the end we all want the same thing." he explains calmly looking between the two as he speaks.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:29 am 
Shoan demonstrates the full power of Lion diplomacy.
“It is not this one’s place to ever question the wisdom of the Emperor.”

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:45 am 
Well, that was a lengthy answer.

"Indeed," she agreed with Shoan, nodding. The choice of the word Perfect was an interesting one, but perhaps something she'd revisit later.

"Perhaps this miai will be a good opportunity for the Spider to allow the other clans the chance to learn more about them. To show which of the impressions currently held are false or true."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:05 am 
“Yes. One of my bunk mates is a spider. I understand she is a child actress who uh... became overly engrossed in her role. I have not had the time to become properly acquainted with the samurai in question though.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:10 am 
"For those that are open minded enough to give us a chance I'm sure it will be." he said with a more genuine smile toward Hyeon-ju.

At the mention of Nara Satoru barely manages to hold back a wince "Susumu-san is a talented actress I am sure she can find a good match. Though she can be rather....intense for some people's taste.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:14 am 
"Is that... the Spider girl who was on our shuttle?" She hadn't caught that Spider's name, after all. Only that she arrived in the middle of something, and then the female Spider had been asked about her jade.

"... I... thought she was someone's ward." Child would've been a stretch, but if maybe Satoru or another Spider had been like... responsible for a younger sibling or a cousin who wasn't yet old enough to take care of themself... "... my apologies, I must have misunderstood the situation on the shuttle terribly."

Hyeon-ju quickly moved on from that particular Spider. "My room-mate Daigotsu Ryuu-san seems a decent sort. I've nothing to complain about, and I am certain he will represent the Spider well in this miai."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:17 am 
Satoru nods slowly "Yes Susumu Nara she is here for the miai as well. I have not met Daigotsu-san before this afternoon but he does seem like an upstanding spider. Any who walk the path of the obsidian magistrate command at least a little of my respect."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:20 am 
Shoan frowns slightly, taking a moment to collect her thoughts.

“Clans are large, there will always be members who embrace different ideals than the norm.”
Which was clearly bad
“But it is then an opportunity for their clan mates to show the way. ”
Her face carefully bland
“Perhaps a stint in acting, Kuchiki-san?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:28 am 
Satoru's face is equally bland "With my skill in acting Matsu-san that would be a torture not even the Spider are evil enough to inflict upon another." he replied dryly.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:31 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Satoru's face is equally bland "With my skill in acting Matsu-san that would be a torture not even the Spider are evil enough to inflict upon another." he replied dryly.

“I’m sure you are being modest Kuchiki-san. But perhaps it is best to leave it to the professionals. I once had to play Bayushi Kachiko in a play during my time at the dojo. It was probably close to torture for the audience.”
And the costume had been ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:33 pm 
"... I can't say I have any experience with such myself. Standing on stage, that is. I don't get to watch a lot of shows anyway, as being on station doesn't give much time to watch anything, so the times I tried I miss several episodes of a story. It's why I like music so much more as entertainment. No episodes or storyline to follow there."

She did wonder what Shoan had looked like dressed as a scantly-clad Scorpion...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:54 pm 
"I am.......not a performer. I have had no training in the arts and previous attempts at such things have been...unfortunate." He had tried dancing once, the results were less than desirable.

"Music however I have a great appreciation for, what kind of music do you enjoy Utaku-san?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:26 am 
"I like Susumu Yakumo's music, if I were to make a very specific point of reference." She didn't mind admitting this. To her opinion, Yakumo was the best the Spider had to offer...

... So far.

"But music with a good beat is nice too. I just like listening to her music in the simulator or by itself."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:30 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I like Susumu Yakumo's music, if I were to make a very specific point of reference." She didn't mind admitting this. To her opinion, Yakumo was the best the Spider had to offer...

... So far.

"But music with a good beat is nice too. I just like listening to her music in the simulator or by itself."

Shoan's eyes flick left and then right before fixing themselves carefully on something neutral in the distance
"Yes, I agree, music with good beats is very catchy."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:23 am 
Satoru gave Shoan a quizzical look for a moment before shaking his head slightly "Yes a good beat can often be appreciated, I'm more of a classical man myself mostly instrumental. Very good to focus or read to, i've also heard some newer electronic music with lots of classical influences that I quite enjoy."

"I have actually met Yakumo-sama once, a couple years back after a show on Whispers. I highly doubt she even would remember, it was only a few minutes meet and greet type thing but she seemed nice enough."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:51 am 
"Really? That must've been an interesting meeting... I would like to meet her one day too, but well, the meet and greet when she was in Unicorn space earlier this year for the Imperial tour didn't coincide with my time off, alas." A fact she was very dismayed over, but duty did come first.

Damn lucky Spiders who had probably gotten a lot more meet and greets, and live shows, with Yakumo.

"Does Murame-san dance, as she likes music with a good beat?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:14 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Really? That must've been an interesting meeting... I would like to meet her one day too, but well, the meet and greet when she was in Unicorn space earlier this year for the Imperial tour didn't coincide with my time off, alas." A fact she was very dismayed over, but duty did come first.

Damn lucky Spiders who had probably gotten a lot more meet and greets, and live shows, with Yakumo.

"Does Murame-san dance, as she likes music with a good beat?"

Shoan’s On can’t fully hide the brief look of panic that flashes across her face.

“N-not in public Utaku-sama. I am not the most coordinated of samurai and when you are also quite.... sizable, that can be dangerous on a dance floor. My commander ordered me not to dance after the barracks brawl incident.”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4