It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 LE] All Washed Up (Expecting)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:03 am 
"I suppose it is a matter of preference in what one finds most aesthetically pleasing. The working of multiple colors along with some good line work seems to me to be more intricate work but good line work that stands on its own has an appeal as well. As for jade ink, its just like working with any other ink. Just more expensive. As far as I know at least, I've never done a deep dive into the subject." He says relaxing back into the water once again.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:12 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
"I suppose it is a matter of preference in what one finds most aesthetically pleasing. The working of multiple colors along with some good line work seems to me to be more intricate work but good line work that stands on its own has an appeal as well. As for jade ink, its just like working with any other ink. Just more expensive. As far as I know at least, I've never done a deep dive into the subject." He says relaxing back into the water once again.

"At the very least, they are distinct. And standing out in some way is probably useful at something like a miai."
As for being able to afford jade ink, well, Shoan could maybe afford to look at it from a reasonable distance.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:03 am 
Hyeon-ju felt like she was in a strange kind of middle-ground between the two, but was committed to remaining her stoic neutrality on the outside.

"Speaking of the miai, what sort of contests do you think our host will be presenting to the attending samurai?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 am 
Any sense of factionism or sides was lost on Saruto as he had just come here to relax.

"Given the governors blatant bias toward bushi in the invitation I suspect many of the contests will be evaluating physical attributes and combat prowess. Though since they are still Phoenix I hope they do something regarding knowledge as well."

Last edited by Kuchiki Satoru on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:27 am 
"I spoke to one of our hosts today, he mentioned that there might be hunting. It did seem to be in keeping with what I understand of Asako-sama."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 am 
"Hunting? That does seem interesting." It had been a while since she was planet-side and gone hunting for local fauna. Sounded like good practice.

"It is probably likely that the Phoenix as a very scholarly clan will have some kind of contest that brings knowledge into focus... though I admit it certainly won't be a strong showing for me in something like that, unless battle tactics applies. And fashion. I like reading about fashion styles of old."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:39 am 
"Growing up on Dark Forge hunting is a very common past time. The planet, despite the name, actually has very lush wild zones full of interesting flora and fauna. My father would take me hunting every now and again, even taught me to shoot. I'm no marksman but I know whoch end to point at the target."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:48 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Hunting? That does seem interesting." It had been a while since she was planet-side and gone hunting for local fauna. Sounded like good practice.

"It is probably likely that the Phoenix as a very scholarly clan will have some kind of contest that brings knowledge into focus... though I admit it certainly won't be a strong showing for me in something like that, unless battle tactics applies. And fashion. I like reading about fashion styles of old."

Shoan's own fashion sense was probably only a hair's breadth more modern than what was in the magazines.

Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
"Growing up on Dark Forge hunting is a very common past time. The planet, despite the name, actually has very lush wild zones full of interesting flora and fauna. My father would take me hunting every now and again, even taught me to shoot. I'm no marksman but I know whoch end to point at the target."

"Then doubtless we are all well equipped. I was already intending to venture beyond the walls, but it seems as though the entire miai contingment might eventually do so"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 am 
"Mm, that does seem likely. I am interested in such excursions myself, and could easily fly an ornithopter to the outlying areas so that people don't have to waste time walking." Sensible Sky Rider logic. Why walk when you can fly?!

"Dark Forge? I'm not very familiar with the Spider worlds. Are the other Spider worlds similar to your homeworld?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:10 am 
"Depends on the planet, as our duty is to move through unexplored space our holdings dont have a common thread honestly. Except that they often contain influence from various spirit realms. Many while beautiful or rich in resources have problems with gaki-do or toshigoku meaning we often have to fight spirits that wander into our realm."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:21 am 
"That must keep things....active. I might have to seek out the expertise of you or your kinsman before this miai is over."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:28 am 
Satoru turned to the lion with a raised eyebrow "oh? Do you have issues with hostile spirits?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:29 am 
Well, she wasn't going to pry why but she was certainly curious as to why.

So since Satoru asked the question, Hyeon-ju kind of sat back and politely closed her eyes, so as to not intrude.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:30 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Satoru turned to the lion with a raised eyebrow "oh? Do you have issues with hostile spirits?"

Shoan's hand goes to where her mon would be before she awkwardly moves it away so she doesn't appear to be randomly fonding herself

"I am about to begin service as a jade legionnaire, my understanding is that hostile spirits may be one element of my duties."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am 
Satoru nodded "That is quite the prestigious posting, to be selected to join the personal forces of the Jade Champion. Since your duty does include the fighting of many supernatural threats I would be happy to meet with you sometime to discuss it. While Dark Forge is not the most plagued world when it comes to spiritual aggressors my work with Unit 137 often has me travelling to newly settle worlds that are much less stable." If Satoru was off put by her connection to the Jade office which has allied itself with the Emerald office which in turn is currently seeking the destruction of his clan, he does not show it.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:06 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Satoru nodded "That is quite the prestigious posting, to be selected to join the personal forces of the Jade Champion. Since your duty does include the fighting of many supernatural threats I would be happy to meet with you sometime to discuss it. While Dark Forge is not the most plagued world when it comes to spiritual aggressors my work with Unit 137 often has me travelling to newly settle worlds that are much less stable." If Satoru was off put by her connection to the Jade office which has allied itself with the Emerald office which in turn is currently seeking the destruction of his clan, he does not show it.

"That is a very kind offer Kuchiki-san, if there is anything I can do to return the favour, let me know."
It seems unclear if Shoan really is blissfully ignorant of the politics, or is just far too polite to acknowledge its complexities.

"Compared to planets your duties take you to, Asakaze is probably a respite?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:45 pm 
"Nonsense Murame-san, it is why we are here to get to know one another. You will owe me nothing." he said simply "As for my postings it can be stressful and dangerous but I do good work for the Empire and for my clan. I save lives, I help people, I find a great amount of fulfillment in my work. In all honesty I would rather be out there doing it right now but I am nothing if not a dutiful servant to my lord."

Last edited by Kuchiki Satoru on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:51 pm 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
"Nonsense Murame-san, it is why we are here to get to know one another. You will owe me nothing." he said simply "As for my postings it can be stressful and dangerous but I do good work for the Empire and for the my clan. I save lives, I help people, I find a great amount of fulfillment in my work. In all honesty I would rather be out there doing it right now but I am nothing if not a dutiful servant to my lord."

"It sounds like a productive life well lived."
Okay, maybe that was a little 'doesn't sound like a Spider'

"Doutbless you will return to your duties with a new husband or wife to support you, many samurai would jump at the chance to serve in that way."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:24 pm 
That brought a brief chuckle from the spider "Some maybe, many are too wrapped up in their preconceived notions of what the Spider are to be willing to join our ranks. Despite the amount of time we have put in serving the Empire there are still many who think of us as monsters and villains."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:29 pm 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
That brought a brief chuckle from the spider "Some maybe, many are too wrapped up in their preconceived notions of what the Spider are to be willing to join our ranks. Despite the amount of time we have put in serving the Empire there are still many who think of us as monsters and villains."

"Mmmmmhm."
Shoan nods, her face carefully blank.

"It can be a contentious matter, although my dealings with individual spider have not been wholly unpleasant."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next