It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: (D2, EE) A Hot, Steamy Soak
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:14 am 
"I'm not sure I ever thought about why. I think, perhaps, it has to do with the dreams. Anything's possible in a book, just like in a dream, and even waking dreaming isn't unheard of on Isora's Rest." A pause as she glanced over Nara openly. "I don't doubt a lovely young talent such as yourself would do quite well in theater indeed. No takes, no cue cards, and a large, live audience scrutinizing your every move."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:17 am 
"Waking...dreams?" Nara blinked. That was an odd term, and she clearly didn't understand.

"Ah, hai. I just need to find a theater that wants a lovely young talent like me then! I don't really know if Spider do theater, never really asked. It's not the most popular thing there."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:31 am 
"It's understandable. The Spider have their own traditional side at times, but you've always looked forward to new technologies at a pace other clans lack. Certainly there is a large portion of the Crane that still likes scrolls and plays and traditional music."

Pausing, she swam over closer and relaxed again. It was a bit of a bother talking across the bath, and trying to have a polite conversation when steam kept blocking your view. "As for the dreams... are you familiar at all with Isora's Rest dear? The planet's got a strong connection with the Realm of Dreams. It usually comes through in the form of quite vivid dreams while asleep, but at times, one can lapse into a sort of waking dream as well. Quite rare, but certainly possible with how closely the planet and realm are tied."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:29 am 
Nara looked thoughtful about the question, and there was a small moment where she looked like she knew what Fusako was talking about, before frowning.

"I feel like I know. Or knew. But I can't...I don't know. It sounds really weird though. I used to have a lot of really bad dreams I think. I can't remember them now, but thinking about dreams makes me feel that way. Ah, forgive me, I'm rambling! Have you had a waking dream? What's it like?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:34 am 
The Asahina once again looked deeply thoughtful. "Ah... I suppose I have, but it really is a difficult thing to say. The line between sleeping and waking can sometimes blend together when you're tired after all. Do you know what lucid dreaming is dear? It's where you know you're in a dream. I had what I think was a waking dream like that once, though I could have just fallen asleep for a moment. I've heard some have nightmare's as well, but artists tend to just take the bad with the good."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:59 am 
"A dream that isn't a dream but is a dream?" Nara shuddered "I had a dream that wasn't a dream before. It was kind of scary, but then I forgot a lot about it. I just know it's wrong. Maybe that's what you mean Asahina-sama? Dreams can be very powerful, sometimes for the right and sometimes for the wrong."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:38 am 
"Well, that sounds about right, but I must confess that I am hardly a dream expert. Bad dreams are a rarity for me, but even I've had a few that've caused cold sweats upon waking." She waved a hand up out of the water as if dismissing. "This is all quite serious and heavy talk, hardly good for a relaxing bath, ne? Tell me Susumu-san, have any caught your eye yet? I realize it's merely the second day, but you must have quite an exacting taste when it comes to potential partners."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:20 am 
"Mm, I'm not really an expert on anything but acting. I don't know anything about the dream stuff, and you know a lot, so to me you're an expert!"

Nara then paused, considering the question, before a shake of the head.

"Nope! Nobody at all! Although I wasn't supposed to be here so I've not really considered what I would be expecting. As long as they can breathe, and can walk, I guess they're marriage material ne? I'd hope they wouldn't stop me perusing my acting career too, as that's important."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:48 am 
Fusako gave a low laugh at that. "You sound just like my fellow Crane when I asked them about the subject. None knew what they wished in a partner, only commenting that they wished to keep doing what their duty had had them doing up until that point. I find it rather silly truth told. Were there really so many that were sent here, regardless of the circumstances, that believed they would find people present that wished to turn their lives completely around?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:28 am 
"I don't think it's so unbelievable. If you get married you might be stuck at home more, ne? If you did a career that didn't have you at home as much, it would mean you couldn't do it as often. When the show was filming I wasn't home for days at a time, and sometimes slept at the studio. Might not be able to do that if I was married or something" Nara frowned "and that would be a shame for the entire universe."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:58 am 
"There may be some that would have that, but it would be a waste of a marriage. A partnership should use the talents of both involved to their fullest potential, not use one's while the other's wasted." She rubbed her chin as she stared at Nara. "If I married you, I'd most certainly find you acting roles for instance. What good would you be just sitting around doing nothing?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:44 am 
"Asahina-sama wants to marry me?"

Nara blinked, a little surprised.

"Well...Asahina-sama is pretty, and has all working parts. I think it would be fine!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 am 
She smirked a bit. "I did not say that, but I am not discounting the possibility either. Susumu-san is obviously quite talented to be the star of a show, and is quite pretty too. I could most certainly do worse."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:40 pm 
"Oh. I misunderstood" Nara dipped a head in apology "I've been the lead of the show since before my gempukku, got picked over established actors! I'm a good actress" she beamed a big smile "and pretty like Asahina-sama is pretty too!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:29 am 
"Arigato gozaimasu, Susumu-san," she said with a dip of her head. She stood up and moved to the edge of the water and took her towel to dry her hair as she carefully stepped out. "I should not stay too much longer however. Things to do, people to see and all that."

She paused, looking back over her shoulder at Nara. "We should meet again dear. Mind if I leave my comm number in your locker of things?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:41 am 
"Oh, hai! I would like that" Nara nodded a few times "my locker is the third one from the doorway. There's little holes in it so you could slip a piece of paper in easily enough. I hope Asahina-sama hasn't got too much happening, miais are busy as they are ne?"

She bowed to the woman.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:29 am 
"Oh, I have much going on indeed, but it's business of my own making. I will most certainly find time to talk to you again soon Susumu-san." She gave a blown kiss before making her way off for the locker room.

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:26 am 
"Take care Asahina-sama!" Nara bowed again, the blown kiss surprising her. She still waited a short while for Fusako to have gotten dressed and left before she would rise her self to go dress and leave.

/scene?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2