It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Recovering from Fan-Con [D9 LE]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:24 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
"Have we done any sort of search to find out who Isawa Shin works with, that we might target for testimony? Why are we trying to fake a message?" He asks, concerned for the method.

"I'm not sure, Asako-san. Might ask Nakauchi-san about it later as well. But... as for the second question - as I understood it at least, we're not so much 'faking a message' as 'trying to recreate Isawa Shin saying this' so some people can make sure this was the voice they heard. Somewhere. I haven't asked Nakauchi-san the details, but from what she said I suppose this would have been said when the so-called zombie mushrooms were sighted before. And from what I understand, those who heard that before are trying to ascertain if it was also Shin behind the zombie mushroom from that first sighting. So... we're not faking a message or using it for testimony." She looks him straight in the eyes again, serious. "I wouldn't support something like that either."

OOC
Waiting on Tassu's answers. Added the question of whether we can each do one of the tasks in this timeslot too - hadn't thought of that, but it's a good idea!

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:32 am 
He breathes deep, and lets out the breath.

"Okay, that's something I can do. But where did they here it? Inside, outside? In the city?" He frowns. "There's so much that could have been occurring."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
He breathes deep, and lets out the breath.

"Okay, that's something I can do. But where did they here it? Inside, outside? In the city?" He frowns. "There's so much that could have been occurring."

She thinks for a while, worry only slightly making its way through her impassive look. She finally nods. "Un. It could be different things. And... the environment might actually make a difference for the sound."

She takes her comm again and types another message.

"Let's see if we got any info on that, then."

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 am 
After a moment, the comm rings again, she looks at the screen, pressing her lips a bit, types a quick answer and looks to Mal-Chin again.

"Unfortunately no precise info on location. I suppose we'll have to work on assumptions... and keep it simple, maybe. Say... little reverb, as in an open area or a room without much reverberation? That should be 'general' enough for most situations, so these folks can recognise the voice if it sounds like what they heard... unless they heard it in a particularly weird situation. How's that sound?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:24 am 
"That'll have to do." He sighs, turning off some of the tools that were a bit more fun to play with.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:36 am 
She looks at the tools he was turning off.

"Maybe we can do a couple different versions. Just in case. If you want to."

Her face is as serious as before, but... it's not 100% clear whether she says that thinking more of getting better results... or of actually getting to do more interesting things with the sounds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:38 am 
He shakes his head, "Yeah, that's possible. But better to make it a sound they're more likely to understand. Its possible my expertise is getting in the way."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:01 am 
She seems slightly disappointed, but nods again.

"Ok... let's go for simple and understandable then. First, at least. If that comes out well, we could try something else... if necessary."

OOC
Right, so first roll done in advance. Got one Use Computers/ Int roll TN 20 to go. Shion would contribute with a +2 in a cooperative roll.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:36 am 
A grunt of agreement. As he works through the files provided him, it was mostly simple, especially with Shion's sharp ear. It only needed a little bit of massaging the sounds next to each other, in order to get it right.

In a little while, the voice, "I tire of this, kill them now, they'll replace the others."

He shakes his head. "If this gets a tsukai, at least I'll have done one thing right during this miai."

D9 LE: Assemble Voice; Use Computers/Intelligence TN 20: 7d10o10k4+2 29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:15 am 
After some time helping recognise where Shin's recordings sounded shriller, duller or deeper than what their sentence, analyse formants and spectrograms, she was also happy with the results.

Which sound actually quite upsetting. Especially when you imagined the sentence coming from a well-known, quite public figure.

But well, they had done their job.

"Un", she agreed, nodding at Mal-Chin. "Thanks for your help Asako-san. Hopefully we can help... do something about that."

She then grins a bit. "The Miai... it... doesn't look like musical abilities were high on the list for the organisers, ne?", she said, her eyes a bit down. "Unfortunately for us", she adds, chuckling a bit. "But... maybe you can show me some of your work, then? And... can you send me that audio clip so I can give it to Nakauchi-san? Or... would you rather just send it to her?"

She seems slightly worried about just sending it instead of transferring it directly when meeting Mumei at the Inn, but maybe he's got a good way to do that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 am 
"I'll give it to you. It shouldn't go out on the network." He pauses a moment. "I've not figured out anyway to keep things completely secure, but off network is safer."

"And yeah, music doesn't seem that high on the list. But just about everything else I'm good at or even an expert at has gone wrong, so," he shrugs with a wry grin, "at least the bit of luck I have allows me to do well outside of it."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:45 pm 
Shion nods to him. Sounds like a good call, and it's good to know that he trusts her. Off network it is then.

She then smiles a bit at him.

"I think I saw you helping with the healing crew today? That was useful too, ne?", she says, maybe a bit dry, but trying to sound nice. "So... Might I ask what your main gig is, then? And... If you've got the time I'd like to hear some of your work", she says, smiling again, a bit more easily this time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:11 am 
"Hai. I've been trusted with one of the clan's Revitalizers. It doesn't do a lot, but it can heal in an emergency." He shakes it free of a sleeve, where it's wrapped around one wrist. "So, something given to me, less me doing anything." He waves a hand, "I'm not really that down on myself. Just nervous with the competitive atmosphere of the miai. Whatever will happen, it means change."

He nods to the follow up questions. "My main gig is serving as an attache to some of the diplomats here on planet, as a researcher. Occasionally deliver files that need delivering."

He turns the speakers a little more and opens up a different program. "A lot of my work, musically, has been editing found sounds and filming the world. Music with videos attached."

He hits play, and the first sounds are those of the otori, mixed with more mechanical noises, jarring at first and then flowing into a rhythm. The ruffling of Otori feathers and their cries merge into something resembling an instrument. "This one's Otori Spaceship." He turns the screen a bit. The video isn't necessarily well shot, but it shows some clips of the Otori and some of the space station above, where all the visitors had come down to Asakaze. At one point the Xeno garden switches between ultra-violet vision and normal, giving it a bit of a psychedelic feel.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 pm 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
"Hai. I've been trusted with one of the clan's Revitalizers. It doesn't do a lot, but it can heal in an emergency." He shakes it free of a sleeve, where it's wrapped around one wrist. "So, something given to me, less me doing anything." He waves a hand, "I'm not really that down on myself. Just nervous with the competitive atmosphere of the miai. Whatever will happen, it means change."

She shugs at him, smiling a bit - "Well, still you've been trusted with their duty, yeah?"

"Bu'... yeah... means change. Hopefully not bad change, though", she says with a small smile, but doesn't seem too sure about that herself.

Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
He nods to the follow up questions. "My main gig is serving as an attache to some of the diplomats here on planet, as a researcher. Occasionally deliver files that need delivering."

He turns the speakers a little more and opens up a different program. "A lot of my work, musically, has been editing found sounds and filming the world. Music with videos attached."

He hits play, and the first sounds are those of the otori, mixed with more mechanical noises, jarring at first and then flowing into a rhythm. The ruffling of Otori feathers and their cries merge into something resembling an instrument. "This one's Otori Spaceship." He turns the screen a bit. The video isn't necessarily well shot, but it shows some clips of the Otori and some of the space station above, where all the visitors had come down to Asakaze. At one point the Xeno garden switches between ultra-violet vision and normal, giving it a bit of a psychedelic feel.

"So... a researcher then, eh?", she says, a small smile again. "That sounds interesting! Is it like... focused on something specific? Even... music itself, maybe?"

She then focuses on the music video he's showing. Her face seems a bit expressionless for some time, but after some time she seems to get quite interested. "Oh.... that's something", she says, thoughtful. "It definitely seems to catch quite a bit of the feeling of the planet"

Her smile warms a bit at the Otori. "I love the idea of using the sounds and images of the Otori, really. Grasping an 'idea', a 'place' and a 'feeling' in song is often not easy, eh?"

She keeps looking for some more time, thoughtful. Her head and fingers move a bit with the rhythm, and one of her hands seems to be doing something a bit different, as if mentally adding some things to the song. "The mechanical sounds... are they from something specific here too?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 pm 
"I primarily focus on history, though history touches on most everything else as well." He answers the researxh question first.

"And hai, the mechanical sounds are primarily from different modes of transport. The click of a harness, the whirr of an engine. A drones wheels on metal, clamps holding a shuttle. Variety of things. I'd like to archive different sounds, but the space to hold it all would be a large task for the kami to hold long term."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:06 am 
She nods at his first answer. "Oh... that's quite true", she says with a small smile.

She then thinks about what he said for a while. "Un. I suppose so. But then... might at least get descriptions and some samples? And... maybe some notes on where to find them again if needed?"

She seems thoughtful for some time again. "But then ... the song. May I ask why these sounds? I mean, this mix? Is it like... Otori and transportation, as if... trying to bring the ideas closer?"

She seems to find the idea unusual, but her eyes clearly show she also finds it interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:34 am 
"They're symbols really. The persistence of the children of Sun and Moon, the persistence of the world around us. Otori, in many ways, define Asakaze to us. It's a harsh, unforgiving world, filled with creatures that'd kill us accidentally, let along on purpose. But the Otori are here as well. Somehow, a part of it all." He taps his fingers on his desk a moment. "They're probably why this colony survived, to tell the truth. Phoenix would've spent more to tame the world, but it would've changed the world fundamentally in the process. The Otori give us a chance to grow and understand it."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:20 am 
She nods with a friendly, wholehearted smile that's not quite like her usual self.

"Yeah... they are fantastic creatures, that's for sure."

Then ,looking at the screen again. So... do you have other Otori-themed songs? Or... other general themes? Other other pieces you'd like to show.

She waves her hand slightly, apologetically. "I mean... if it's not a nuisance, of course! I'm just... always curious about other's music work", she says, back to a smaller, shyer smile.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:37 am 
A brief nod. "One of my older ones, the video work is a little distorted...And I worked with some people to act in it."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2