It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D12 LE] Re-Meet and Re-Greet (Closed/Expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:59 pm 
"Yes, some fried Otori..... one vegetarian option, a beer and a pot of tea, oh and an ice tea."
The server nods and hurries back to the kitchen as Shoan sits quietly in her chair at the outdoor cafe watching the world go by. How was every day of the Miai more intense than the last? The choosing had very nearly turned into active combat.

Hopefully tonight would be less taxing. A chance for goodbyes and fried food to drown any sorrows in.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [D12 LE] Re-Meet and Re-Greet (Closed/Expecting)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:16 am 
Hayato wasn't far behind Shoan's order. He'd dressed down from earlier in the day with only a simple white dress shirt, the top two buttons left open and a pair of slacks.

He offered the Lion a bow as he got closer, a smile forming on his lips. "Good evening, Shoan-san."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:18 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato wasn't far behind Shoan's order. He'd dressed down from earlier in the day with only a simple white dress shirt, the top two buttons left open and a pair of slacks.

He offered the Lion a bow as he got closer, a smile forming on his lips. "Good evening, Shoan-san."

"Hayato-san"
Shoan bows back, her On softening.
"Blessing upon you and your betrothed."
The Lion was still in her formal kimono, probably having been too tense to have realised a need to change since the afternoon began.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:08 am 
"A blessing upon you and yours as well." Hayato offered with an easy smile, closing the distance between them to take the seat across from her at the table.

"You look nice in that kimono, lovely even."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:13 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"A blessing upon you and yours as well." Hayato offered with an easy smile, closing the distance between them to take the seat across from her at the table.

"You look nice in that kimono, lovely even."

"I am glad you think so, I got engaged in it."
Shoan smoothes out some wrinkles for a few moments feeling over dressed by.
"You looked really good too, uh, look good now as well too."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:06 am 
"Thank you." Hayato replied with a slight smile. "I thought i should show off at least once while I was here."

There was a moment of silence as the drinks arrived. "I believe I should apologize, my choice today was likely not one you anticipated. I made a lie out on my intentions."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:09 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Thank you." Hayato replied with a slight smile. "I thought i should show off at least once while I was here."

There was a moment of silence as the drinks arrived. "I believe I should apologize, my choice today was likely not one you anticipated. I made a lie out on my intentions."

"mmmhm"

Shoan takes her ice tea and sips it, looking down into the drink for a few long moments.
"I believe there were a number of...confusions today. But I remembered how you spoke of Utaku-san and....I do not doubt you will both find happiness. I will certainly be praying as such."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:49 am 
"Yes..." He paused thoughtfully for a moment hand reaching for his beer and bringing it to his lips for a sip. "She is a fine samurai, and I thought at least any one here would be happy to wed her."

"We even chatted a bit at the festival about how she believed Akodo-sama would pick her on the morrow." He paused. "Things changed though later that night when I met her and some others for karaoke. Apparently Akodo-sama had denied her, when they met to enjoy the fireworks at the end if Tanabata."

"When she asked me to chose her there was only one path I could take, so thank you for your well wishes and for your prayers. Though if I must admit I already believe Benten is smiling down on us."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:55 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Yes..." He paused thoughtfully for a moment hand reaching for his beer and bringing it to his lips for a sip. "She is a fine samurai, and I thought at least any one here would be happy to wed her."

"We even chatted a bit at the festival about how she believed Akodo-sama would pick her on the morrow." He paused. "Things changed though later that night when I met her and some others for karaoke. Apparently Akodo-sama had denied her, when they met to enjoy the fireworks at the end if Tanabata."

"When she asked me to chose her there was only one path I could take, so thank you for your well wishes and for your prayers. Though if I must admit I already believe Benten is smiling down on us."

"Yes, communication could....no, should have been better."
drily "I recall one or two samurai objecting to Akodo-sama's choice."

Trying to keep her face very neutral
"I am glad to hear of Benten's choice.....Utaku-san does have healthy thighs. And from what you tell me, she will make you laugh....and also not allow you to get away with anything."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:44 am 
"Not all of them vocally." Hayato confirmed.

"I suppose in the end, it's to my gain though. The one I intended to chose was sought by another after all." Hayato offered with a soft sigh. "Plus you're right, Hyeon-ju has very healthy thighs." His eyes drifted into the distance for a moment before the snapped back to the Ikoma.

"I'm curious as to what you think I'm going to try and get away with."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:50 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Not all of them vocally." Hayato confirmed.

"I suppose in the end, it's to my gain though. The one I intended to chose was sought by another after all." Hayato offered with a soft sigh. "Plus you're right, Hyeon-ju has very healthy thighs." His eyes drifted into the distance for a moment before the snapped back to the Ikoma.

"I'm curious as to what you think I'm going to try and get away with."

"Oh....anything a tricksy Mantis might do. I for one would recommend you beat her to the punch and announce you're quitting smoking before she tells you to. More leverage there."

Shoan enjoys the look in Hayatao's eye for a moment. For once, it wasn't her doing any visualisation.
"And she'll want you to dress better I imagine."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:51 am 
Nozomi hurried over to them and gave a bow to each. "So sorry about the delay," she said. She took a seat and glanced over to Hayato. "Congratulation on a good match. Seems like the fortunes willed it in your case."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:04 am 
"That's probably some good advice." He replied thoughtfully. Maybe he could use it as a surprise, just quit sometime between now and when he saw here again, whenever that might be. They return as a smoke free existence in her life.

"Though, not sure I can help much with the dressing better." He muttered, though his gaze quickly shifted to Nozomi as she arrived.

"Thank you, Kitsu-san I thought it might be the case when we chateed last night." He hesitated. "But it was not my place to share others secrets, and I thought perhaps your clanmate might still change his mind."

"Not that I am not happy with the circumstance sit brought me, Hyeon-ju is more then most men can dream of, I believe we will be very happy together." His smile turned a little teasing as he glanced between Nozomi and Shoan. "Maybe even happier then you two."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:07 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Not that I am not happy with the circumstance sit brought me, Hyeon-ju is more then most men can dream of, I believe we will be very happy together." His smile turned a little teasing as he glanced between Nozomi and Shoan. "Maybe even happier then you two."

Shoan smiles ever so slightly, looking over at Nozomi and then back at Hayato
"Challenge accepted Hayato-san. Fair warning, our family's don't like to lose."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 am 
He snorted at that. "And here I thought you'd started getting used to losing to me." The Mantis teased, bringing his beer to his lips or a sip. Though admittedly I doubt this is the type any of us acctually lose in."

There was a moments pause. "You know Shoan-san, the whole devlopment with Hyeon-ju. I'm not sure if it makes me more or less like some character out of a romance novel."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:49 am 
"I would say it seems like it," Nozomi chimed in. "There're often different romance routes that you can take..." She flushed up and looked at the others.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 am 
"I concur, it guarantees you are a character in a romance tale. But now you're one of those with a happy, albeit dramatic ending."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:16 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I would say it seems like it," Nozomi chimed in. "There're often different romance routes that you can take..." She flushed up and looked at the others.

He glanced at Nozomi and raised an eyebrow. "I never thoguht you would spend your time reading those, or is it playing them?" He asked with an amused smile.

His gaze didn't linger on Nozomi thoguh and he turned his eyes on Shoan. "Well, I suppose there is worse things to be. I got through this without having to slay some sort of mythical beast at the very least."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:21 am 
"Eh? I suppose it depends on what you consider playing," Nozomi said. She glanced over to Shoan and then back to Hayato, lips totally sealed.

"I think she'll be happy. In a way, it's better that she marries such a kind man instead of a... cretin who would lust for an enemy all his life." She tightened her fist and let it go. "But yes, let us celebrate the good part of this!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:23 am 
"Celebrations are in order. And perhaps the mythical beast was the dark humours inside us all along?"
Shaking her head slowly
"It feels a little surreal how quickly everything has happened."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next