It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [Day 1 EA] Walk the walk (Open)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:52 pm 
Feeling a little less caged, although still battling a bone deep tiredness, Shoan musters the energy to explore the city proper.....or at least the upper part of the city proper. She knows from experience that if there's trouble it's probably coming from the lower city, although those memories are ruthlessly pushed away.

The Lion samurai doesn't intend to radiate any menace, but there is a slight air of tension as she wanders the avenues of the residential district, a hand maybe slightly too close to her holster, her gaze at passing groups of heimin maybe a shade too fierce.

Damn memories.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 EA] Walk the walk (Open)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:13 pm 
Asako Mal-Chin finally left home. He'd spent the morning successfully navigating Asakaze's bureaucracy and was feeling chipper having done so correctly.

What a hoot, he'd never heard of someone getting approval so quickly. Probably someone who wanted the miai to go well. Plus, it didn't hurt to have made sure to file it in triplicate. That was an age-old trick.

He walked with a holorecorder in his hands, just in case he heard any unusual sounds.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:21 pm 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
Asako Mal-Chin finally left home. He'd spent the morning successfully navigating Asakaze's bureaucracy and was feeling chipper having done so correctly.

What a hoot, he'd never heard of someone getting approval so quickly. Probably someone who wanted the miai to go well. Plus, it didn't hurt to have made sure to file it in triplicate. That was an age-old trick.

He walked with a holorecorder in his hands, just in case he heard any unusual sounds.

Having turned her head to follow a particular rowdy group of heimin (who were probably just minding their own business) Shoan very nearly walks directly into the Asako, own narrowly avoiding a collision by lurching to the side.

Fortunately, she thinks quickly, years of training coming to her aid in a moment.

"....Uhh-"
Brilliant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:43 pm 
Mal-Chin's got a bunch of practice being nearly walked into.

"Hello!" He pauses a moment, "Murame-san!"

He looks around. "May I help you?"

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:50 pm 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
Mal-Chin's got a bunch of practice being nearly walked into.

"Hello!" He pauses a moment, "Murame-san!"

He looks around. "May I help you?"

"...Yes, Asako-san. Please forgive my clumsiness, there was dirt on the ground."
Technically true
"I was just going to ask about-" There's a half second delay as Shoan visibly wracks her mind for appropriate conversation topics
"-The weather, local sports teams, work in general and any mutual hobbies we might share."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:13 pm 
"Excellent!" He pulls out his densai, scanning it quickly. "Looks like a good day to stay in the shade, and standing out here, I'd say we're getting the wind from the fungal forest...so westwards. I'm out on my way to the Temple to Fukurokujin, which is sort of related to successful work..."

"But this does give me an idea. I did not know one of your family was on planet...for any other reason, so are you here for the miai?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:21 pm 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
"Excellent!" He pulls out his densai, scanning it quickly. "Looks like a good day to stay in the shade, and standing out here, I'd say we're getting the wind from the fungal forest...so westwards. I'm out on my way to the Temple to Fukurokujin, which is sort of related to successful work..."

"But this does give me an idea. I did not know one of your family was on planet...for any other reason, so are you here for the miai?"

Now this was a samurai who understood practicalities

"An idea?" Was it weather related? Time would tell
"You are quite correct, I am present for the Miai, Asako-san"
She bows politely,
"I am Shoan of the Murame. Thank you for hosting me and those of my Clan on your world, it is quite exotic."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:32 pm 
He looks around, "Hai..I suppose it is. I've been here so long...I guess I just see it as home."

He scrolls through his densai, "Oh, you mentioned sports! Yes, the local baseball time is Asakaze Atsushi-Tofu-Bats. They're...energetic. The Asazake Star-Balls are the local oshidama (volleyball) team. They're looking forward to doing well this season." He looks slightly surprised, "Oh! And the Crab are going to host a wrestling demonstration in three days time."

"But as to the idea, I wonder if you'd like to participate in a survey? I could send a copy to your densai or communicator? I'm gathering information about those participating in their own words, as well as helping to inform them about Shiro Yoake and Asakaze. I should be getting a database put together so that everyone can see each others answers, if they're participating in the miai."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:36 pm 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
He looks around, "Hai..I suppose it is. I've been here so long...I guess I just see it as home."

He scrolls through his densai, "Oh, you mentioned sports! Yes, the local baseball time is Asakaze Atsushi-Tofu-Bats. They're...energetic. The Asazake Star-Balls are the local oshidama (volleyball) team. They're looking forward to doing well this season." He looks slightly surprised, "Oh! And the Crab are going to host a wrestling demonstration in three days time."

"But as to the idea, I wonder if you'd like to participate in a survey? I could send a copy to your densai or communicator? I'm gathering information about those participating in their own words, as well as helping to inform them about Shiro Yoake and Asakaze. I should be getting a database put together so that everyone can see each others answers, if they're participating in the miai."

"The Tofu-bats?" Maybe they just got their name randomly assigned "A survey? Well, I don't see why not, so long as the questions are appropriate. You're saying I could put my information in there and it might help match me to someone....without me having to talk to them first?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:25 pm 
"Hai! It's my hope that it'll allow you to find others interested in the same thing as you, or provide a way to start conversations, if you have the chance to know something about others in the miai."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:31 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
"Hai! It's my hope that it'll allow you to find others interested in the same thing as you, or provide a way to start conversations, if you have the chance to know something about others in the miai."

"I think it is an excellent idea Asako-san, samurai could cut out the middle man of conversation."
Not that Shoan really knew anything about the logistics of such a survey, but that was why the Empire had Asako.

"Perhaps a brief profile of each samurai with an accompanying image, and then if the samurai viewing it believes they would be an honourable match they swipe right?" Shoan reflects that might be Lion right hand of the empire bias though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:50 am 
He thinks on that. "I don't know if I'll have time to code all of that...nor do I have permission to have people upload files to the database, just gain access to it. But there might be something to that idea."

He shrugs, security concerns were the same all over really. He puts away his holorecorder.

"I'll send it based on proximity. Unless you think there's another Lion within 100'?" He smiles a little, then scrolls through the densai to send the file.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:56 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
He thinks on that. "I don't know if I'll have time to code all of that...nor do I have permission to have people upload files to the database, just gain access to it. But there might be something to that idea."

He shrugs, security concerns were the same all over really. He puts away his holorecorder.

"I'll send it based on proximity. Unless you think there's another Lion within 100'?" He smiles a little, then scrolls through the densai to send the file.

Shoan looks around. No shouting Matsu...or Ikoma. No Kitsu with a long mane or quiet Akodo with sharp eye
"We are probably relatively Lion free Asako-san. Thank you for the offer."
Her own devices pings in receipt of the file before launching into an upbeat Crane-pop tune.....Shoan appears to be completely ignoring it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:05 am 
Mal-Chin ignores it as well then.

"That being said: how do you want to entertain yourself while you're here? I expect that the miai will not take up all of our time, although getting to know potential spouses seems important. I know it's just as likely that someone else picks me, as I get any choice in the matter."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:08 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
Mal-Chin ignores it as well then.

"That being said: how do you want to entertain yourself while you're here? I expect that the miai will not take up all of our time, although getting to know potential spouses seems important. I know it's just as likely that someone else picks me, as I get any choice in the matter."

"I am sure Asako-san has many talents. But uh. I was considering exploring outside the city. Most of my relationships are family or those I have fought beside. I understand there are some creatures on Asakaze that could pose a threat to a samurai? They might be a way to gauge the spirit of other miai participants."
Shoan keeps her eyes on Mal-Chin to see if what she's proposing is crazy by miai standards or very sensible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:43 am 
"Hai, there are such creatures. One of the documents attached to the survey should explain more but, reavers, megadons, and the White Death come to mind for land based dangers, let alone the multitude of poisonous fungi." He pauses a moment. "Still, I know that many like the idea of exploration. I do not know that within the confines of the miai that an overnight stay would be possible, but it's likely that you could organize a day trip if you coordinate well."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:44 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
"Hai, there are such creatures. One of the documents attached to the survey should explain more but, reavers, megadons, and the White Death come to mind for land based dangers, let alone the multitude of poisonous fungi." He pauses a moment. "Still, I know that many like the idea of exploration. I do not know that within the confines of the miai that an overnight stay would be possible, but it's likely that you could organize a day trip if you coordinate well."

She bows
"That would be much appreciated." dryly "If I am slain by the White Death, then at least I might spare myself and others some embarrassment, neh?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:51 am 
He pales slightly. "Excepting that you're the guest of the Phoenix and it could bring shame upon us? Or that I must advise you do not seek them out. I spent...." He takes a deep breath and then regrets it, what with the smell coming off the fungal forest. "hours underneath one of their corpses as a young child, everyone else dead around me. I applaud your bravery Murame-san, but can only advise that you do not seek one out to die to it."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:56 am 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
He pales slightly. "Excepting that you're the guest of the Phoenix and it could bring shame upon us? Or that I must advise you do not seek them out. I spent...." He takes a deep breath and then regrets it, what with the smell coming off the fungal forest. "hours underneath one of their corpses as a young child, everyone else dead around me. I applaud your bravery Murame-san, but can only advise that you do not seek one out to die to it."

Shoan just looks at him....and looks....and looks
"I...uh..."
More staring
"I apologise, I was completely unaware, that would not have been pleasant. I should have confined my comments to the weather."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 am 
"It is....alright. There is no way for you to have known my personal history. I share it only to emphatically state that there is good reason to be wary of them."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next