It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [Day 2 EE] It's Like Poetry, It Rhymes (Closed/Expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:37 pm 
Early in the morning of the second day, Doji Ichika's communicator buzzes, having received a message:

Quote:
Doji Ichika-san

Thank you again for the conversation last night, even if I feel compelled to apologise again for a solid quarter of what I said. If you have no other arrangements, would you care to join me at Tanaka's Eatery in the residential quarter this evening? I believe the food there is quite good, and there is after dinner entertainment I believe you will enjoy.

If not. That is okay as well. But I would very much enjoy your company.

Yours respectfully

Murame Shoan [Virtual Chop]

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 EE] It's Like Poetry, It Rhymes (Closed/Expecting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:19 pm 
Ichika showed up today in a more casual attire, a white shirt over a blue skirt. A simple grace to the ensemble. Emboldened, a little, by the rather showy and daring outfits she'd seen otherwise, Ichika was rather certain wearing something a little different while her kimono was cared for wouldn't kill her. At least, she hoped.

Waiting just inside, away from the smell of outside, Ichika stood and checked her purse. Slipping out the communicator as she thought on whatever crossed her mind.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:19 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika showed up today in a more casual attire, a white shirt over a blue skirt. A simple grace to the ensemble. Emboldened, a little, by the rather showy and daring outfits she'd seen otherwise, Ichika was rather certain wearing something a little different while her kimono was cared for wouldn't kill her. At least, she hoped.

Waiting just inside, away from the smell of outside, Ichika stood and checked her purse. Slipping out the communicator as she thought on whatever crossed her mind.

Shoan was also in 'Lion casual' which appeared to also be 'Lion poor' or perhaps 'Lion with limited clothing options'. A rather plain white shirt over a black hakama contrasted with her tanned skin as she waited.
She'd waited quite a while actually, not that she was nervous just....prepared. In fact she was so prepared that when she'd see Ichika approaching Shoan had gone and done a lap of the block....and then another. She just really wanted to be prepared.

Eventually though, you have prepared all you can, to the point where that one fruit vendor is giving you funny looks as he sees you pass by again and again and again. So Shoan straightens her shoulders, consciously tries to look friendly and steps into the darkened eatery, spotting Ichika on the way in.

"Doji-san, thank you so much for coming." She bows, that part ever formal
"You look...... really nice."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:49 am 
Ichika's brow raised with the pause, but quickly fell into her usual smile when she finished, "Thank you, Ikoma-san, you look really nice too!" she said, stepping out of the little corner she'd sorta half-tucked herself in. Slipping the communicator back into the purse. Ichika glanced in to the eatery as she said, "So, should we go get ourselves a seat somewhere?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:12 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika's brow raised with the pause, but quickly fell into her usual smile when she finished, "Thank you, Ikoma-san, you look really nice too!" she said, stepping out of the little corner she'd sorta half-tucked herself in. Slipping the communicator back into the purse. Ichika glanced in to the eatery as she said, "So, should we go get ourselves a seat somewhere?"

“Absolutely, I have reserved a table near the stage”
Shoan leads the way back into the restaurant which seemed to be set back deeply into the earth itself, the place. Is packed with small round tables crammed together as servers bustle back and forth. One side of the room is lined by a bar while the rear has a slightly raised stage with an unused microphone standing a little forlorn.

Shoan finally reaches the maître d’
“Two for Shoan”
The short man beams as he pulls up his list
“Ah yes, Matsu-sama, right this way.”
He entirely misses the half tired half irritated look the lion shoots him as he turns and shows them to the table. Shoan herself remains standing until Ichika is settled.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 am 
Ichika giggles into a curled hand, the sleeve missing. "Do you often have this problem with your appropriate name, Ikoma-san? I would think they were disrespecting you rather gravely if..." instead of continuing she just chuckled again. Bringing her hand back down to her waist, by her purse.

Taking her seat, Ichika looked to Shoan, "So, how have you been since we last spoke Ikoma-san?" she asked with a smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:18 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika giggles into a curled hand, the sleeve missing. "Do you often have this problem with your appropriate name, Ikoma-san? I would think they were disrespecting you rather gravely if..." instead of continuing she just chuckled again. Bringing her hand back down to her waist, by her purse.

Taking her seat, Ichika looked to Shoan, "So, how have you been since we last spoke Ikoma-san?" she asked with a smile.

“It is a constant of my life. I am a tall woman trained by the Matsu, statistically he would usually be correct... although it is still difficult sometimes. I am proud of my family.”

Relaxing slightly as she settled in opposite Ichika, a wait bring a tall bottle of chilled water and filling two cups for the samurai.

“I have.... in truth it has been another long day Doji-san. Would you believe I have no talent for wresting giant chickens and as for my Ikebana...”
Shoan reaches into a pocket, extracts a full handful of anti-nausea pills and downs them in one smooth motion with her water.
“It is more physically dangerous than I had expected. Still, it is hardy a good look to invite you hear and speak of my many, many, many failures. I hope your day has been far more pleasant Doji-san?”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:20 pm 
"It.. has," she laughed awkwardly, bringing her hand up to her mouth to try and cover the laugh. Dipping her head, "Sorry, I don't mean to make light of the difficulties of your day. I had a bit better luck at those two events today, in fact," she said, having the thought. Pulling up the device in which she recorded it Ichika slipped out of her seat and leaned in over by Shoan.

Pulling out the holo-recorder she turned the view-screen so that Shoan might get a look. Once she had the screen in place she brought her other hand to keep an errant strange from falling.

"I put together this arrangement today at the Ikebana.. uh," she laughed, "thing," another chuckle. "Anyway, what do you think?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:31 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"It.. has," she laughed awkwardly, bringing her hand up to her mouth to try and cover the laugh. Dipping her head, "Sorry, I don't mean to make light of the difficulties of your day. I had a bit better luck at those two events today, in fact," she said, having the thought. Pulling up the device in which she recorded it Ichika slipped out of her seat and leaned in over by Shoan.

Pulling out the holo-recorder she turned the view-screen so that Shoan might get a look. Once she had the screen in place she brought her other hand to keep an errant strange from falling.

"I put together this arrangement today at the Ikebana.. uh," she laughed, "thing," another chuckle. "Anyway, what do you think?"

Shoan doesn’t know ikebana, but it’s a nicely composed arrangement of shape and colour
“You made that today? And you didn’t get poisoned?”
Shoan looks amused as she compares Ichika’s image with one on her own device, which seemed to be depicting a single tall mushroom covered in black strikes
“You Cleary have me beat Doji-san, my ikebana concedes defeat.”

A waiter hovers nearby but Shoan shoos him off for a moment

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:23 pm 
Ichika chuckled, "No, I spoke with some of the monitors and learned about some of the plants. They were rather kind in helping me figure out which ones to not touch as to avoid having an accident," seeing the waiter hover over she gave them a small smile and dip of her head before quickly finding her seat.

Before anything else though, "Did they not offer you the same, Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:43 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika chuckled, "No, I spoke with some of the monitors and learned about some of the plants. They were rather kind in helping me figure out which ones to not touch as to avoid having an accident," seeing the waiter hover over she gave them a small smile and dip of her head before quickly finding her seat.

Before anything else though, "Did they not offer you the same, Ikoma-san?"

"They told me it was exceptionally rare for anyone to poison themselves via ikebana.....I may not have your way with people Doji-san."

And if she ever saw that Phoenix again, he was going to find it exceptionally rare to eat without a straw.

"I....may have also tasted one of the mushrooms. It was not my finest moment."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:47 pm 
Ichika brought a hand to her mouth, raised her brows as she looked to Shoan. It started as a restrained giggle, then it broke through and before long it burst into a laugh that she was quick to cover up. Waving a hand to calm herself down quickly, "Sorry, sorry," she said, getting out a few giggles still. "Ikoma-san! You ate one!?" she laughed again, hiding it once more behind her hand.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:53 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika brought a hand to her mouth, raised her brows as she looked to Shoan. It started as a restrained giggle, then it broke through and before long it burst into a laugh that she was quick to cover up. Waving a hand to calm herself down quickly, "Sorry, sorry," she said, getting out a few giggles still. "Ikoma-san! You ate one!?" she laughed again, hiding it once more behind her hand.

Shoan turns pink, then red, the lion seems to be peering intently down at her glass of water

"Well I....I thought that it might be poisonous, and I wouldn't wish to gift anyone something harmful so I decided to check. G-good news though Doji-san...It was poisonous."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:37 pm 
"So you ate it?" she slowly she managed to bring herself back in, calming her laugh a bit but she still giggled as she spoke. "Ikoma-san, you really must be more careful!" she said, before settling herself a little more. Laughing a little more before she breathed in, and then out. Laying her hands back down politely in her lap.

"Don't you believe you should see a doctor, Ikoma-san?" she asked, her voice coming back into her more-typical pleasantness, "I would rather hate to see this become more of a problem in the future," she said this, looking to Shoan and examining her a little. Concern touched her expression as she did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:43 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"So you ate it?" she slowly she managed to bring herself back in, calming her laugh a bit but she still giggled as she spoke. "Ikoma-san, you really must be more careful!" she said, before settling herself a little more. Laughing a little more before she breathed in, and then out. Laying her hands back down politely in her lap.

"Don't you believe you should see a doctor, Ikoma-san?" she asked, her voice coming back into her more-typical pleasantness, "I would rather hate to see this become more of a problem in the future," she said this, looking to Shoan and examining her a little. Concern touched her expression as she did.

Sounding sincere "I will endeavour to eat fewer poisonous mushrooms in the future Doji-san, I promise. As for a doctor, I am informed that the common symptoms of poisoning are fever, nausea, fatigue and....other things. Nothing serious, I felt much the same after watching the most recent Hen'atsuki movie."

Laying a hand carefully on the table before her.
"I'm fine...really. Although I may have to leave the table a few times."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:43 am 
"Ikoma-san," she said, her voice tinged with that caring disappointment. "Are you certain this is all alright? I wouldn't wish for you to truly put yourself out if you're feeling unwell. Perhaps there might be someone here who might tend to you? Well.. not like," she glanced around, lowering her head a little, "here, here.. but among the guests, or the Phoenix?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:16 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Ikoma-san," she said, her voice tinged with that caring disappointment. "Are you certain this is all alright? I wouldn't wish for you to truly put yourself out if you're feeling unwell. Perhaps there might be someone here who might tend to you? Well.. not like," she glanced around, lowering her head a little, "here, here.. but among the guests, or the Phoenix?"

"Doing so may incur a debt Doji-san, and my resources are limited. Although"
The image of a giant pear flashed briefly into Shoan's mind
"There is perhaps one samurai I know....although I do not believe it would be appropriate to bother them with something so mundane."
Raising her head a little she arches an eyebrow at Ichika
"It says a lot about your nature that you would be so concerned."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:13 am 
"D-does it, Ikoma-san?" she asked, an awkward chuckle as she shifted how she sat. Putting her hands down on top of her purse. "I hope it says something good then," she smiled, a short laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:18 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"D-does it, Ikoma-san?" she asked, an awkward chuckle as she shifted how she sat. Putting her hands down on top of her purse. "I hope it says something good then," she smiled, a short laugh.

Trying to put the Crane at ease.
"Of course Doji-san, compassion is a virtue. Every samurai, even one as debased as the Spider have a duty to the protection of others. That and you smile a lot, you may be a font of compassion."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:43 am 
Ichika smiled brightly, dipped her head, "Thank you Ikoma-san," then.. her brow raised. Looking to Shoan she leaned her head to the right a bit, "Smile a lot? Does that really show that I have Compassion Ikoma-san?" she said with a half-giggle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next