It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 EE] It's Like Poetry, It Rhymes (Closed/Expecting
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika smiled brightly, dipped her head, "Thank you Ikoma-san," then.. her brow raised. Looking to Shoan she leaned her head to the right a bit, "Smile a lot? Does that really show that I have Compassion Ikoma-san?" she said with a half-giggle.

Nodding, seeming increasingly comfortable as it appeared Ichika didn't hate the date yet.
"I think so Doji-san....and if you wish to further demonstrate that compassion you may use my chosen name if you choose, although you do not have to, many of my friends do not, some do though."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 am 
"U-" she contorted her lips, glanced aside. "Mmm. I- isn't that a little early, Ikoma-san?" she asked, correcting the way she held herself. Pulling her hand up in front of her, under the table, as she fidgeted with her index finger.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:17 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"U-" she contorted her lips, glanced aside. "Mmm. I- isn't that a little early, Ikoma-san?" she asked, correcting the way she held herself. Pulling her hand up in front of her, under the table, as she fidgeted with her index finger.

"Oh uh, yes...then it is too early Doji-san, I apologise."
Recalculate, recalculate

"Food? Perhaps we should order some food?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:24 pm 
Ichika opened her mouth, closed it, and dipped her head, "Sorry, Ikoma-san, yes, let's get something to eat, yea?" she said with a short smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:30 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika opened her mouth, closed it, and dipped her head, "Sorry, Ikoma-san, yes, let's get something to eat, yea?" she said with a short smile.

"Yes I- one of the reasons I picked this place was for the food. It has some quite spicy options on the menu, if that is too your taste. If not there are some foods better sorted to the high climate."
Shoan flags down a waiter and starts asking him about the chicken specials to give Ichika some time to scan the menu at her leasure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:23 pm 
"Is there something you would suggest, Ikoma-san?" she asked, leaning her head to the right with a light smile. Having brought up the menu in hand, but waiting for that answer first.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:30 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Is there something you would suggest, Ikoma-san?" she asked, leaning her head to the right with a light smile. Having brought up the menu in hand, but waiting for that answer first.

"Well...."
Shoan's mind flashes back to the otori

"I was going to recommend the chicken curry, but the peanut tofu with fire chilies is a local specialty."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:22 pm 
"Well," she leaned in, smiling and then set the menu down as if it was a triumphant moment. "I think that sounds fun. All the better to understand the people here a little better, yea?" she chuckled.

"I'll definitely have that local specialty then," she confirmed with another smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:24 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Well," she leaned in, smiling and then set the menu down as if it was a triumphant moment. "I think that sounds fun. All the better to understand the people here a little better, yea?" she chuckled.

"I'll definitely have that local specialty then," she confirmed with another smile.

((Victory confirmed, menu defeated))

"And I'll have the chicken curry. Oh, and some tea for the table."
The server bows and heads off leaving the two alone once more

"So....uh, here we are."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:45 pm 
"So here we are," she leaned in with a slight teasing nature to her tone. "Oh!" she raised a finger in the air, "I don't think we really talked all that much about matches, have we Ikoma-san?" she shifted a little, settled down. "What are you hoping for in a spouse, Ikoma-san? What kind of spouse would you like?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:54 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"So here we are," she leaned in with a slight teasing nature to her tone. "Oh!" she raised a finger in the air, "I don't think we really talked all that much about matches, have we Ikoma-san?" she shifted a little, settled down. "What are you hoping for in a spouse, Ikoma-san? What kind of spouse would you like?"

Shoan freezes for a full second before nodding hurriedly
"Of course Doji-san, that is a very relevant topic let me uh, just get my list."
The Lion pats herself down before extra one list...no, that was a copy of Hime's, the doodles were distinctive. Which means it must be in the other pocket...yes, there it was.

Smoothing the piece of paper down, Shoan takes a deep breath and then launches into what seems like a prepared speech

"The ideal spouse is an honourable samurai who will either contribute to the Lion or who will allow me to make my best contribution to their clan. Bushi, courtier and artisans are all excellent candidates, while shugenja are probably a step too far."

Reading down the list
Physically the ideal samurai is between 5 and 6 foot tall and in good health, they must also be fer-" cough "Uh, physical isn't that important. Then there are the mental requirements. The samurai must be trustworthy, they must be of strong character, they must be able to tolerate my fondness of lists and ideally they are personable."

Quickly scanning the rest
"Unicorn and Crab are encouraged, Spider and Mantis need not apply and it helps if they are attractive."

Shoan feels that in an ideal world her list would cover all samurai

"What about yourself, Doji-san?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:56 am 
Ichika giggled into a hand, "That is quite the list Ikoma-san!", she adds with a touch more laughter. Shifting in her seat she got a bit more comfortable.

"I'm afraid my.. preferences aren't quite as prepared! My hope is to find someone who will give credit to my parents who raised me. Beyond that.. I just hope they're someone I can get along with. Someone that at the end of the day, when our duties are done, we can retire to a pleasant evening together," she said with a soft smile.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:10 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika giggled into a hand, "That is quite the list Ikoma-san!", she adds with a touch more laughter. Shifting in her seat she got a bit more comfortable.

"I'm afraid my.. preferences aren't quite as prepared! My hope is to find someone who will give credit to my parents who raised me. Beyond that.. I just hope they're someone I can get along with. Someone that at the end of the day, when our duties are done, we can retire to a pleasant evening together," she said with a soft smile.

"Ah, like a companion?"
Ichika's much simpler answer clearly throws Shoan off for a few moments

"That's...a nice image. Very relaxing to picture."
Curiously "And how would you spend those pleasant evenings together?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:28 am 
"That depends, Ikoma-san," she says with a cheery uplift to her tone. "On what me and my spouse find common interests in, I suppose. We could sit for hours and talk about nothing or.. they could listen to my poetry, I their.. well, whatever they want to share. Maybe just stare out into space for a while, night sky if we're planet bound, so many possibilities."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:34 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"That depends, Ikoma-san," she says with a cheery uplift to her tone. "On what me and my spouse find common interests in, I suppose. We could sit for hours and talk about nothing or.. they could listen to my poetry, I their.. well, whatever they want to share. Maybe just stare out into space for a while, night sky if we're planet bound, so many possibilities."

"Oh, that does sound romantic. Something you could do with a soulmate"
Shoan raises an eyebrow slightly
"Not easy to find"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:39 am 
"Nope," she says, happily. It was an accepted fact overall. "What I hope for is rare, yes, but.. why hope for anything less than the best, yea? That I might satisfy this and my Clan may be rare but to hold it in mind just in case... well, it's worth it, yea?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:43 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Nope," she says, happily. It was an accepted fact overall. "What I hope for is rare, yes, but.. why hope for anything less than the best, yea? That I might satisfy this and my Clan may be rare but to hold it in mind just in case... well, it's worth it, yea?"

"That...does make sense. Why aim for anything less than the best, it's how I approach my own training."
Bowing her head, eyes softening

"I hope you find that samurai Doji-san, you would make eachother very happy."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:08 pm 
"I do hope so," she said, toying with her purse a little. Watching Shoan, thinking.. "Already," she said, a smile, "I have met so many Samurai. Many who.. well, seem to enjoy my company very much. I am looking forward to learning more about those I've met. Even now.. so early in the Miai, I feel like I know so much about so many wonderful Samurai," she keeps toying with her purse, "I do hope that most of them leave here content with what they were able to find.."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:14 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"I do hope so," she said, toying with her purse a little. Watching Shoan, thinking.. "Already," she said, a smile, "I have met so many Samurai. Many who.. well, seem to enjoy my company very much. I am looking forward to learning more about those I've met. Even now.. so early in the Miai, I feel like I know so much about so many wonderful Samurai," she keeps toying with her purse, "I do hope that most of them leave here content with what they were able to find.."

Sounding amused "It must be difficult being so pleasant Doji-san, you sound as though you're overrun with suitors."

She glances at the purse but seems too polite bring the Crane's apparent worry up
"There will have to be some disappointment, but that is hardly your responsiblity, or indeed, any samurai's so long as they act with honour. I would hope that concern over such things is not preying on your mind?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:38 pm 
"Nope," she shook her head to double the confirmation. "Just.. I do hope so. I would like nothing more but, well," she smiled sheepishly, "I know it's not very likely everyone will be happy by the end, but.. I still hope," she said with a confident little nod.

"At least.. whomever my spouse is, by the end of this, I'll make sure to be a good wife. At least.. at least there I can make some happiness, I hope," she said, glancing down and brushing the back of her neck with an awkward little laugh.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next