It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: [D3, EA] Above the Clouds, Below the Stalks (Expecting)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:19 am 
Shokomaru had arrived at the air field fresh from a bath after the biathalon. He was both disappointed and relieved it was over. He approached the rental office and signed paperwork, telling the staff who he was expecting, then stepped out to have a smoke with the tea they'd offered him while he waited.

His kit, still packed from the biathlon, was resting next to him. He let out a breath. He was still pretty ragged, but at least the weather was improving. He'd manage.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

Post subject: Re: [D3, EA] Above the Clouds, Below the Stalks (Expecting)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:50 am 
Ishiyo arrived at the airfield in one of her service uniforms. It was clearly tailored for the young woman and also clearly still dirty despite her efforts. She had a bag with her, the shape indicating it was probably armor and a rifle.

When she spotted Shokomaru, she smiled. It was a beautiful smile...innocent and sickenly sweet. The Crane inclined her head and rested her cheek on a dainty crooked fist. It was a stirring sight, as lovely as the children of Doji could manage. Her eyes fluttered a little and her voice came out as soft and sweet as honey.

“Daigotsu-sama. I hope you are not planning to leave me out in the woods like you did on the dance flooh last night.”

Metaphysical Knife inserted.

“That was very ungentlemanly conduct, Daigotsu-sama. Completely unbecoming behavior.”

Twist.

“And when you-eh fellows have all been such marvelously dashing gentlemen.”

Twist.

She moves her fist and opens it, pressing two fingertips to her lips in thought, “But I am sure it was for something very important and not to embarrass myself while you were chasing after anotheh.”

Metaphysical Knife ripped out.

Ishiyo drops her hand and just smiles innocently.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:33 am 
Chiyoko, like Ishiyo, was dressed in her service uniform. And her sunglasses. And most importantly, a case carrying her HAR. Going out into the wilderness, it was a good just in case situation. Fortunately for Shoko, she arrived just too late for the oh-so-innocent knife twisting.

So instead she just bowed to the two. "Afternoon. Ride after a run seems like a hell of an idea," she grinned a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:04 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
“Daigotsu-sama. I hope you are not planning to leave me out in the woods like you did on the dance flooh last night.”

Expected.
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
“That was very ungentlemanly conduct, Daigotsu-sama. Completely unbecoming behavior.”

Yeah, basically.
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
“And when you-eh fellows have all been such marvelously dashing gentlemen.”

They know what happens if they misbehave, sure.
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
“But I am sure it was for something very important and not to embarrass myself while you were chasing after anotheh.”

And he could try to explain what he was thinking in that moment, but what good would that do? He's just look like a loser caught with his hand in two cookie jars.

So when she was done serving him his shoes with an extra side of salt he put his cigarette out, disposed of it in his carry-on ashtray and put it away. Only to pull a small box out of his pocket.

"Daidoji Ishiyo-san", he said clearly. "What you say is true and I can offer no excuse to your words. Knowing what I've done, and knowing you are not one that is deserving of such trifling behavior, I've reflected on it and concluded that an apology is in order."

So he bowed and held out the small box. "I've crossed a line and you deserved better, please accept this as a token of my sincerity."

Yes, I was thinking about you, alright?

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:32 am 
Ishiyo's innocent smile remained, "Oh. How thoughtful of you Daigotsu-sama, but are you sure you wish to provide such trinkets to myself? Would it not be better served elsewhere?"

Refusal #1

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:39 am 
He held it out, still.

The problem is, he wasn't precisely sure she would take it. After all, he'd still invited her to this, and she had arrived, and certainly someone can cut one from the other and be polite. So when he spoke, he hoped she at least didn't think he was expectant.

"Even if you say that, you were the one I thought of this morning, that I have been nervous about meeting with since. I can't give it to anyone else."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:42 am 
Chiyoko just blinked, a bit surprised at what was happening. But for now, it was best to not interfere.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:05 am 
"Oh but Daigotsu-sama you see you already gave a wonderful gift. I meet a wonderful danceh who was kind enough to pick up where you had so abruptly left. I could not accept this from you afteh having already taken that."

Again the sweet smile and near sing-song reply.

Refusal #2

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:12 am 
Well, to say it took zero effort to keep a straight face then would be a lie.

Though Shokomaru didn't what would come from him if he let his On really slip. Would it be a laugh of mirth or a nervous chuckle of defeat? He honestly thought she was playing dirty bringing Nakauchi-san into it, but Crane gonna Crane. He could appreciate that at least.

"Well, I'm quite greedy, so perhaps I'll bury you in gifts to my heart's content if you allow it", he answered, and offered the box a third time.

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:16 am 
Hyeon-ju had finished up the last pre-flight communication with what served as ground-control here for the rental ornithopters, and came walking in on the... awkward looking scene.

She had washed up from the biathlon earlier and changed into her armored flight suit. All that was missing was the helmet, but a cockpit helmet wasn't really needed out here.

Approaching Chiyoko, she gave the Matsu a curious look as if to ask what is going on here.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:18 am 
Chiyoko gives Hyeon-ju a look that says both 'I'm glad you are here' and 'I have no fucking clue.'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 am 
"Very well, very well," Ishiyo answers with a slight wave of her hand and takes the box. "You are as eveh most kind, Daigotsu-sama."

"Matsu-san it is good to see you again." Her blue eyes shifted to the Lion and her sickeningly sweet expression softened into a more sincere smile, "I am pleased to have you on this trip. Have you been well since we last spoke?" Her voice too had reverted to a more genuinely merry tone.

And it brightened with the arrival of the Unicorn, "Utaku-san is it alright if I take copilot for the flight out, I know its no fighteh craft but I still would like to see a Skyrideh fly."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:25 am 
Shokomaru just smiled at the Daidoji, and didn't bat an eye at her change in attitude, he'd expected all that. Even though it was resolved, he would probably never hear the end of it.

So one you can skate on thin ice with, but not two, because it automatically turns the third's view into a casualty. That was a shame. He'd thought he was going to have some fun.

Not handsy fun.

Just actual fun.

He still needed a nap.

"Utaku-san, Matsu-san, welcome. We should be ready to go as soon as your satisfied with your preflight."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:16 am 
Hyeon-ju nodded as the scene seemed concluded. "Daigotsu-sama, Daidoji-sama, Matsu-san, good to see you all. I've cleared our flight and itenary with... well, ground-control, basically. They'll know more or less the area we'll be flying out to and our expected return-time - in case anything were to happen."

She gave a brief smile to the Crane. "Of course," there was a brief tremble on her lips, as if she was gonna say Ishiyo's name (or as Ishiyo probably could guess - the callsign), "Daidoji-sama. You're the young ace, after all, so it'll be an honor to have you as my co-pilot. And if it's going to be a smooth flight back, perhaps you'll want me to be your co-pilot on the return?"

Already Hyeon-ju was feeling pretty psyched for this trip, if only to fly and hang out with another pilot - and also gush about Chiyoko's shooting earlier.

"I'll start prep, and we'll be ready to lift off soon."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:29 am 
Oh good, everything seemed to calm down. Chiyoko bowed to everyone. "I'm looking forward to going up with everyone. Please, just let me know when everything is ready." As she said that, she opened up her case to make sure her HAR was in proper working order.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:30 am 
Ishiyo grinned, "Thank you Utaku-san. I will make sure everyone gets theih geah secured then join you in the cockpit foh the final prep."

She picked up her own gear and looked to the others. Her voice was all business, in stark contrast to the casual tone it usually had, "Make sure everything is secured, I will double check afteh you finish. Hopefully it will be a smooth flight but I have seen some pretty nasty scenes inside Marine assault shuttles when someone forgets to triple check that one piece of hardware they were sure was locked down."

With out further a-do the Crane loaded and secured her own gear.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:37 am 
Shokomaru stayed off to the side, waiting for the troops to finish up as usual. He went over his data.

Hyeon-ju didn't seem to be carrying enough with her for food.

So she either brought nothing, or they'd be eating rations.

Which he expected.

0-2 for Shokomaru.

He climbed into the aircraft when it was clear and fell asleep almost instantly.

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:41 am 
Once clear, Chiyoko hopped in as well. Not afraid of flying, certainly, but she was sure to buckle in properly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:48 am 
Of gear, Hyeon-ju had her rifle, including a backpack with odds and ends; gas-mask, holorecorder, UV-glasses, a conelantern... and later to Shokomaru's relief; a four-person bento from the nearby konbini.

She secured her gear, checking over its strappings and security three times before she seated herself in the pilot's seat, starting to go over the routine checks. Once the routine was done, she strapped herself in, and began the process of starting the craft - followed by going through all security routines. Check. Check. Check.

"Alright, everything strapped in? And everyone strapped in?" she would ask after everyone was seated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:49 am 
Ishiyo leaned into the ornithopter and checked the first the gear then the two passengers. She may have tightened the Daigotsu's harness a little tighter then was strictly necessary but safety first.

She ran a hand down the strap on Chikyo's chest and suddenly it hit her. "...ahh sorry Matsu-san for the impropriety...I will be finished soon."

With passengers and cargo secured she climbed into the copilots seat and began to strap herself in.

"Everything secured Utaku-san, we should be ready for take off once tower clears us."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next