It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: [D3, EA] Above the Clouds, Below the Stalks (Expecting)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:52 am 
"I'm sure the water is thankful for the privilege", Shokomaru observed. "Though as far as MRE, I'm a fan of the peanut chicken, the preserved noodles are actually a gift from the kami when you're in the field. They're more valuable than koku, rank, your future first born...I mean, I already owe my first few kids to my gunso, but i've eaten well."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:07 am 
Ishiyo laughed, "Well I mean....my idea of cooking was 'go to the mess hall' and before that 'get the kitchen staff to make something'." She nods in approval at the taste of the food, "I need to explore the smalleh takeout places in the mall. Make for something of a change."

"I hope everyone has been having fun at the miai so fah."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:21 am 
"Huh. What do they do for the noodles? Too often I find the noodles in MREs feel too soggy, or too weird. Lacking the good consistency of proper noodles."

Hyeon-ju never thought she'd be exchanging info about other clan's ration-packs. Were she a Scorpion, she'd probably find some way to take advantage of it.

At Ishiyo's question, she gave a nod. "I can't really complain. It's good to be planet-side for a while after a long period on duty, and well... today's been decent. Fun challenge from our host, and lunching after a brief flight out here isn't too bad either."

She deftly moved the chopsticks around to pick the pieces she liked the most from her tray of food.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:24 am 
"It's been interesting. This miai hasn't exactly been what I expected, least of all with the explanation that we would potentially be choosing our spouses." She smirked just so. "To go from not expecting to have even met my spouse before I marry them to getting to have a say is an adjustment, no?

"On the plus side, I've been blessed to have met some interesting people so far, who have made this not just interesting, but enjoyable."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:42 am 
"Hmmm... making the choice certainly makes it all complicated. Carefully weighing the needs of the clan, the potential alliances to be nurtured... while also looking for something that's not going to be miserable for either part."

Even the Ice Queen didn't want a partner she hated. Or who hated her.

"So what do you guys look for, as you're thinking of how you're going to make your choices?" It was a bold question, but Hyeon-ju didn't seem to be too concerned with it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:00 am 
Ishiyo nodded as the spoke, hiding a smirk behind a bite of food. Her gamble of being the one to ask the question, and thus perhaps not answer it seemed to have....

She coughed when the Utaku's question was asked. Yesterday she would have just said 'I want to stay flying so whoever...I guess clan stuff is important too'. But that was before this morning....heck even last night the dance had been exhilarating.

The Crane considered an escape plan. If she stuffed her mouth with food maybe they would just ignore her...no that was probably more suspicious.

So she swallowed and took a long drink, "...I...well I want to keep flying. And of course benefit to the clan is important." She took a deep breath, "But I think I want someone who is earnest, sincere. Who understands that Benten's blessing is foh those who are willing to work togetheh to earn it...and not often just a gift. Dignified and gentlemanly." She gave the Daigotsu a stink eye at the words dignified and gentlemanly, "Maybe a little mysterious and melancholic. I can forgive if they have a little awkwardness as long as they try."

Her cheeks were red and she went back to eating.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:10 am 
Chiyoko let out a small cough at Hyeon-ju's question. "Well, um." Ishiyo started explaining her thoughts, leaving Chiyoko a chance to eat some foods and work out her own thoughts.

Once Ishiyo was done, she took a breath and spoke. "They should be honorable, first and foremost. What is good for the Clan should always be taken into consideration." And then, a small smile. "For other traits, however. Confident in all actions. Smart and assured, sure in what they want. And I think being fashionable would be quite the plus as well."

Her words spoken, her cheeks similarly reddened as she got back to her food.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:28 am 
They'd moved beyond noodles, so he didn't address it any further.

Besides, Shokomaru didn't know that Tama-gunso doctored them considerably.

He also figured his opinion on all of this didn't matter, as the discussion was moving regardless of his answers, really. He just dug into his lunch, concerned with that instead of glares.

It was good lunch, he admitted to himself.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:34 am 
The Ice Queen on the other hand, nodded along with the Daidoji's and Matsu's statements, interested, but also not blushing or giggling over what they said. Though she did find it amusing that she could tell who they were both thinking of.

"Well... what about you, Daigotsu-sama? Or are you going for the dark and mysterious angle?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 am 
"Hmm?" He chewed. "I'm not much for mystery, Utaku-san. Looking for someone who has courage, strength, a sharp mind, strong will, understands duty better than most. The usual."

He ate a piece of egg.

"Though maybe someone who teases me back for once would be nice." A shrug and tossed the rest of the fried egg into his mouth with his chopsticks.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 am 
"What about you, Utaku-san?" Chiyoko smirked. "Fair's fair, you can't be holding all the secrets, right?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:08 am 
"Exactly," Ishiyo added her voice to the Matsu's demand. Though she didn't smirk at least.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:09 am 
"Hm, you're right. Fair is fair." She mused, wondering who would want to tease the Daigotsu-commanders heart among the flock of Crane maidens.

"A match that would strengthen the Unicorn's alliances would be good, and the Utaku are interested in bringing in more shugenja to our ranks, though that is lower ranked than other needs. Such as a capable samurai that can bring honor and glory to the match, and easily adapt to the life among the Unicorn if my partner marries in."

Hyeon-ju tapped her painted lips with her chopsticks. "I personally want a partner that I can be on equal grounds with, who I can share duties with when it comes to family-life. Honorable, and a skilled warrior. Someone with good looks is a nice perk too."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:23 am 
"Sounds like a tall order" he said. "You do know that humans are usually disappointing, right?" He smirked, then finished his rice.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:25 am 
"I don't think it's unrealistic to hold my potential partner to the same standards that I hold myself to," she said with a slightly raised chin. "A samurai should always strive to be the very best they can be."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:34 am 
"Hear hear," Chiyoko nodded, holding her chopsticks up in the closest she could manage to a toast.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 am 
"I would say that high standards are one thing, but is Utaku-sama willing to work with heh future partneh to fix deficiencies to help them rise about theih failings. Oh merely condemn them foh failure?" Ishiyo added, "I think the formeh is a noble goal, the lateh seems a plan only foh misery."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:37 am 
He was still staring at the Utaku. He seemed intetested enough listen.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:45 am 
"Daidoji-sama is assuming I would pick someone I consider lacking in those departments. I do not think it's my duty to turn a mediocre samurai into a better one - that was the duty of their sensei, and ultimately themself, and if I must devote too much of my time to make up for their failings, then I am not fulfilling my duties to my lord."

Yes, she was assuming she'd be doing the picking and not get picked herself. At least in this hypothetical situation.

"I also would like to think that most clans have sent candidates who would not need to be taught to be good samurai."

Hyeon-ju calmly took a bite of an omelet-roll, chewed, and swallowed. Even her eating habits were efficient. "But in the event that I would be chosen by someone I consider... not quite up to standards, then I suppose I would do what I could within the confines of what my duty would allow me to."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:52 am 
If she's not going to act like a human, do I have to treat her like one?

He puffed, but did not openly ask what he thought.

Description
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next