It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Four - Late Evening] Circle in the Dark (Closed)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:16 am 
"Nice, a proper wilderness adventure." Firefly were notoriously hardy, so he wasn't too fazed about the sleeping arrangements. He threw the Shinjo a strange smile when he mentioned ghost stories but didn't comment.

Kuni Eriko wrote:
"Nice ride," she grinned at Akemi when she rolled up. "Help yourselves and find a spot. I'm sure you all have questions."

"Well, you've clearly found something out here that no-one is supposed to know about. So is that why you came to the miai, or a coincidence? Anyway, I guess, start at the beginning? We've got the time."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:22 am 
“Oh thank you for bringing some supplies, Kuni-san.” Hide placed her own bag on the ground carefully, zipping not open to reveal some armor padding and her rifle. But also a few bags of chips and a six pack of drinks.

“I got shrimp crisps, sweet potato, and Unicorn-style barbecue.” She held up the bags of chips in question. “No point in being hungry later.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:39 am 
"Hey, barbecue." Yul held up a hand. "Here, I'll trade you a rice cake, just like last time." He tossed the little packaged disk at her.

He settled himself near the heating device, nodding agreement to Koseki's suggestion.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 am 
“Save some for the morning, too.” Hide tossed the bag of the barbecue chips to the Shinjo, easily catching the rice cake package in turn. “This time there’s no Spider girl to accidentally squish.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 am 
It took some time for Akemi to find some stable footing for her bike in this weird forest. After she finally managed, she turned back to the group:

"Since you weren't very clear about what kind of party to expect I've prepared for all cases."

She opened the trunk of the bike, revealing an extra pack of beers carefully wrapped in a big blanket.

"The fun kind of party..."

She got the beers out, adding them to the pile with the others.

Then she returned to the bike and dramatically removed the blanket entirely, revealing not one but two full sets of armory and weaponry hidden under it.

"And the other kind."

She ran her hand through her hair, theater girl until the end:

"I call dibs on the big blue armor and the big pointy stick. You can call the rest You can have them if you promise to return them before the end of this little trip in the same condition as you found them or in a better condition."

---

Available for loot: Silksteel armor (with gas mask included), Riffle

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 am 
"Here I was concerned at how I was going to fight a mutiny when you guys found out that I only had a ration bar to myself," she nodded soundly at food offerings that the Lion had brought for them.

"Coming to the miai was never really my decision," she said she found a flat rock to sit on, probably calling dibs on what could be used a pillow later on tonight when they get some shut-eye. "But what I am doing is making the most of it and sometimes you get a coincidence and you make the most of the coincidence."

She paused as she gave a glance to all of the samurai here. "What I'm after is pretty simple, a matter of curiosity and a matter of honour. I'm looking to retrieve an old daisho from around two hundred years ago. According to my family records, one of my ancestors were among the samurai who stepped foot on this planet before anyone else, Kuni Emi. She was a shugenja and one of the Imperial Explorers who founded this planet."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:27 am 
“Huh. Retrieving the daisho of a fallen ancestor... Is a very admirable goal.” Eriko may have just shot up in Hide’s mental point tally with that bit of information. She opened the bag of the sweet potato chips, offering them to anyone else that wanted some. “You know you could have told me that before and I would have helped you out a lot sooner, right?”

She grabbed her bag and sat down not too far away from Eriko. “So, how certain are you that we’re going to find it around here?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:33 am 
Koseki nodded as she spilled the beans. "A noble cause and a proper adventure then. Nice. So when we met in the library, had you been looking up the records of where the first explorers went? Trying to retrace her steps?"

He had his own armour, rifle, and gas mask so a polite shake of his head showed he wasn't in need of Akemi's equipment. Well, most of it. "Hmm, beer you say? I like your style Hida-san. And Matsu-san has all the snacks!"

A few more bags of snacks were added to the pile from his pack. "I brought smokes too." He offered cigs and a lighter in case anyone wanted one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:01 am 
"Ah, well. I had a feeling but wasn't entirely sure that my ancestor would be here at first," she said with a shrug. "And of course, it doesn't exactly help where we're going isn't exactly all that open to visitors like us. There might be some trouble when we come back..."

"...Unless we play our cards right," she said with a mischievous grin.

"And to be honest...I'm still going by a feeling here," she reached over to get a beer and popped it open. "Going through my process of elimination and the local records of the search...her daisho is probably still found on that ship."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:20 am 
Yul crossed his arms over his chest, frowning thoughtfully.

"Sounds like you've got an idea for some cards to play? I mean, I'm hoping I can skate by on my wildcard pilot charm," Yul grinned, "-but I'm willing to accept that that might not be quite enough."

He shrugged. "Two-hundred year old ship, though... that sounds pretty interesting."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:32 am 
“200 year old ship, a journey to retrieve an ancestor’s long lost daisho...” Hide looked up, her eyes absolutely childlike in wonder. “You have said far too many magic Lion words. Though, getting in trouble with the locals would suck. Might hurt some of our chances of going home married at all... But I think it’s worth the risk. Can’t really turn down a request like that.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:43 am 
"A few cards and I'm hoping I draw into a Full Moon with my hanafuda hand..." She grinned at Yul. "Word on the schedule is, they have some sort of hunting event planned for tomorrow morning. I'm thinking that we spend first light looking around then we smoothly slide right back into the Shiro after the others when the finished their hunting trip. Okay...it's not going to be that smooth but we might pass off as a competitor coming back from the wild, maybe..."

"It's a long lost daisho but not a magical daisho. I'm just doing what's proper...while picking up some adventure along the way. I haven't really thought much about lost points..." She narrowed her eyes, having skipped all of the events that have been held so far. "I'm sure all of you are swimming in points right now, right?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 am 
There’s a loud stint of nervous laughter that comes from the Lion as she laid down on the hard ground. Head rested on her hands, she looked over towards Eriko and gave her a... Forced grin. “That’s cute. No, no I am not. I kind of blew probably my only chance at gaining points yesterday. Rest of the stuff lined up doesn’t seem to be something I’m going to be the best at. But what can you do? I guess my best bet is getting chosen by someone that wants to stay in their own Clan.”

She held up a hand, letting out a loud sigh. “Can someone hand me a drink, please? I also brought a six pack in case anyone wants a second.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 am 
Eriko quirked a brow at Hide. At first, she looked at her funny but realized that Lion probably have this thing called pride and wanting to be the best was one of those things. She did feel a little bad for her, even if she didn't feel the same way. Reaching over to where she grabbed her first can, she handed Hide one as well.

"Here you go, but you have to make a toast. It's the rules here, you hear?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:25 am 
"I'm lucky if people have even heard of my clan Kuni-san. No, I am not swimming in points, but you asked for my help and it's a worthy cause." He nodded and patted his weapon, it looked well cared for. "So you have my rifle."

Looking out into the fungal forest he added: "You never know, we might attract something worth hunting on the way out." If it doesn't catch us first.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:46 am 
"After two hundred years, I imagine all sorts of things might be in that ship. I'm not expecting a crazy amount of resistance," she said as she placed her hand on the leg holster that kept her sidearm and it was the only gun she carried on her.

She ran a hand through her hair, "But what I'm actually needing probably eyes more. This is likely going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't know if we'll find what I'm looking for inside and I can't do it on my own. It might be the only chance I get and I don't think the magistrate is going to let me go back in if she ever wisens to our antics."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 am 
Accepting the drink from Eriko, she sat up with the impressive speed of someone that likely does way too many sit-ups daily. “Well, we have all come in your hour of need, Kuni-san. And as far as a toast goes... Before I get to it, I want people to drop formalities with me. Hide is a plenty fine enough name among friends coming to the aid of another.”

She then opened up her can of beer as she held it above her head. “Okay, folks. First thing’s first. Gotta thank the lovely host here for inviting us to this very cozy camp night.” She motioned with her free hand towards Eriko. “To whom we are pledged to help her retrieve what was lost ages ago. I’ll be sure to sleep with my lucky tattoo facing the sky tonight!”

The tattoo in question being on the arm that had motioned towards the Kuni. “Anyone have anything they want to add to the toast?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:28 pm 
Misjudged the situation: Akemi/100

Well, at least, things sound less grim than a healthy natural Crab paranoia ground by far too many interactions with Spider would have let Akemi to believe.

She opened a can and let Hide do the talking.

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:51 pm 
Yul raised a can as well. "Let's drink to being the first people to set foot on that ship in two-hundred years. There's something, I don't know, special, about a group like this coming together to accomplish something." Yul looked around the circle, studying his companions.

He grinned. "So, let's remember this night, huh? You can all fly on my wing anytime." His grin quirked. "Figuratively, anyway. I don't know how many of you have ever flown anything."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:51 pm 
Koseki raised his beer. "I'll drink to that, and to an adventure we all walk, fly, or drive away from." He gave them a smirk.

"Well Shinjo-san, I've flown plenty. Shuttles, mining craft, creaky old explorer vessels, and so on. I'm just not sure the Unicorn would rate what we've got as ships." With a shrug he took a swing and looked over towards the forest, wondering what was out there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next