It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [Day Four - Late Evening] Circle in the Dark (Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:03 am 
Eriko grinned at Hide, "I think that should probably go without saying but obviously it helps that someone does say something about it. You can call me by Eriko, obviously," she gave a small shrug.

There were a variety of bugs that had multitude of wings, eyes and legs that descended on the clearing, clearly attracted to both the warmth and the light of the heat lamp in the middle of the group. Some of them merely swarmed atop of it and others gave out a 'bzzt' before they were fried.

"Ah...well...this is only as cozy to a point," she chuckled while waving a hand in front of her face.

"Maybe not the first, there were some salvage and restoration attempts a century ago that were abandoned. Other than that, yes, first! I haven't flown anything before, other than that speedboat once but that vehicle left the water involuntarily...And yes, to getting away, Koseki-san!"

With that, she raised her drink up and cheered, "kampaaai!"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:21 am 
Kampai!” Hide lifted up her drink, voice at the typical Matsu loudness one would expect. She couldn’t help but grin ear-to-ear; it was nice, despite all the bugs. She was excited for what could come in the morning. “Should I feel sorry for the moths that are getting zapped as well?”

Hide turned her attention to Yul, “Welllllll... They don’t let marines fly, because that’s not what we’re trained to do. I will gladly protect people or cargo.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:51 am 
Yul raised his drink to Koseki. "Hey, I learned to fly on a cropduster. If you're flying, you get it."

He flashed a grin at Eriko. "Okay, I'm not sure that counts."

And then to Hide. "And marines and pilots gotta watch out for each other."

He took a long drink. And then spat out a bug.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:08 am 
"Kampai!" With a hearty swig of the beer he nodded to the other members of Eriko's crack(/best at short notice) squad. "Yeah, please, Koseki is just fine."

Setting down the beer he quickly lit a cig and the bugs completely lost interest in him. With the protection of Earth, and the smokey haze, he was able to watch the bugs inspecting his new friends as if shielded from their senses. He took another sip and flashed a grin.

"I got plenty of these if you change your minds."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:15 am 
Yul blinked, staring at the man. Swiping away bugs.

"How did you do that?" He nodded to the cigarettes. "If it was one of those, hey, I don't usually smoke, but I'm in."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:40 am 
Eriko took a long sip from her can, pausing to take a look at the brand before taking a sip once more. She did grimace when Yul coughed and took a cautious look at her can before taking another long sip. It was probably best to finish these before they collected more bugs. "...yeah, I'd sleep with your bag fully zipped up tonight. I guess the rain brought a lot of these annoying suckers in. More places to breed their young. It doesn't help that we have light here too. We'll turn this down when everyone gets some shut-eye."

"Oh, hey, why not. Whatever. Pass'em over," she said after taking another deep swig from her can like her life depended on it, she finished her beer in a few quick gulps. It wasn't ideal but with the bugs here, she was going to save as much beer she could. With that, she pulled one of the sleeping bags to her and unrolled it. She began to stuff herself in it for shelter.

"Be sure to get whatever rest you can out here, I'm not going to try to wake you up twice."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:49 am 
“...Uhhh... How many bags did you bring, Eriko-san?” Hide asked before pretty much downing her drink in one go. These bugs were already awful, and Hide would prefer not to ingest one.

Hide pulled out her own lighter. She didn’t even usually smoke, but it was one of those useful items. “Yeah, might as well have one, too.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:09 am 
With a smirk he handed them around, spreading the love. "I learned that from a book in the library. You're welcome."

Grabbing a bag he started checking it and the rest of his gear in between sips and draws. His fingers started drumming out a beat. "Hey, anyone else into Moto Death Metal?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:04 am 
"I brought enough, don't worry," she said as she gestures to her duffel bag, giving her unspoken authorization to look around through it. There were other things there including a harness with some rope and a shoulder light clip, as well as those budget blood-red flares that Eriko lit earlier.

By the time she got her cigarette, she already put herself in one of the sleeping bags, propping herself up slightly with that rock she sat on earlier and looking she's ready to sleep. She was still in her face paint and had already accepted that they weren't exactly in their dorms out her.

She laid there comfortable and took a drag from her cigarette. "Mmm, don't often listen to it but whenever I do, it's cool...isn't there a Moto singer out there, at the club?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:13 am 
“Yeah, cool guy. Met him in the baths and at the Unicorn/Lion mixer earlier today. Moto Ruhe.” Hide took that invitation to grab a sleeping bag out of Eriko’s bag, but didn’t really look inside; she was classier than that. She laid it over by where she left her own bag. “Speaking of the mixer... Yul-san, I get the distinct feeling that Utaku-san doesn’t like me very much. Shame, she looks like she’s got competence to spare. Also pretty, can’t forget that.”

She settled on top of her bag, not really wanting to get inside quite yet. “Might be a good thing I told Jin-san not to wear his ‘party shirt’ on his date with her. He’s got like four dates lined up, too. That guy works fast!”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:34 am 
"Yeah! Moto Ruhe-san, he's awesome. Khuurist. Best improv Death Metal I've seen in my life, that man can play." He mimed a khuur solo and laughed. "We're going to have a jam session in the next day or two."

As Hide chatted about the Lion-Unicorn mixer he started to prep his sleeping arrangements. Space mining wasn't exactly a well-regarded occupation, but it had taught him how to sleep in any situation.

"Wait, Usagi Jin-san? Well, he's a Hare. They do everything fast."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:10 pm 
"Seems like a cool guy...I don't know if I would invite him to karaoke just yet. It kind of defeats the purpose when you're so good at it..." she said before taking another puff.

"Four dates? Man, I feel I might have taken up his time seeing him today. I guess he was thirsty in between of his appointments," she said with a shake of her head.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:22 pm 
“He invited Mumei-san and myself out to give advice I guess? We had to convince him that wearing something with a bit more of a traditional flare would give a better impression to Utaku-san.” Hide glanced over towards Koseki and grinned. “Well, Ujina, actually. But you have a point. Hare are fast! Though, maybe he should pace himself when it comes to women.”

She can’t help but wonder if Jin may have forgotten to mention that it was a date to Eriko. Or something like that. “Man, I feel kind of like I’m going slow or something. Guy manages to get four dates before I can get a single one.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:49 pm 
"Fall down seven and stand up eight? Wait, or that the Kitsune?" she gave a dismissive shake of her head.

"Anyway, a shame I couldn't share any scary stories with you but I think I'm going to turn in. Good night!" With that, she crushed her cigarette and pulled the sleeping bag over her head.

[The next morning.]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3