It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 

Post subject: [D5 LA] Chicken Little
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:54 pm 
Jin calmly rode Celestial Comet, his Otori walking at a sedated pace. He glanced towards his riding partner, the hostess of the miai, in a way. "I've only briefly visited the forest before, and I haven't ridden poor Comet in a few days, so I am glad for this opportunity Asako-sama."

He smiled at her. "Your home is such a wonder."

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

Post subject: Re: [D5 LA] Chicken Little
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:12 pm 

Aoi was the name of Chiruha's otori, a male who was larger than most of his other kin. He had grey feathers with touches of blue on parts of his uncovered leathery hide. It seemed that Aoi had a better idea of where to go around here and Chiruha was content to give him some nudges of where he needed to be with her reins.

"No need to thank me, Ujina-sama. I pretty happy with any opportunity to ride out," she smiled at Jin and pulled down the hood of her raincoat, "and it seems that we're in luck too. The rain just stopped."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:15 pm 
Jin wore sturdy clothes...and armor. "Hai hai, seems we are in luck." He eyed the other Otori, a beautiful, large speciment. "I think Kitsune-sama might wish to meet your Otori at one point. He really likes animals. Among other things."

Smirking, he decided to take a look around. "So you grew up around here?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:02 pm 
"I can't say I've acquainted myself with Kitsune-sama yet but I can imagine why he would be interested. Otori are very magnificent creatures with many unique traits, personalities even! Like Aoi, he's probably very much in a way my stubborn yojimbo."

She chuckled and gave Aoi pat as her otori looked around the clearing cautiously, moving down a trail where the tall mushroom stalks hung over them to get them some shade but plenty of light seeped in now that the rain had stopped. "That's right, born and raised here. I don't think I've ever left the planet until a few years ago. It's very much part of my life, which includes the wonderous flora and fascinating fauna here."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:06 pm 
Jin nodded, smiling as she patted the Otori. "Ah, I see. Well, comet is like me. He likes to be in motion, rather than stand still." Even now, his bird pulled ahead slightly.

"Quite something. It must feel good to come back home then. Whenever I finish a deployment and visit my home, it's always great to visit. Where were you off planet Asako-sama? You mentioned you left this planet."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:52 pm 
"Oh, my apologies...I wasn't exactly off-planet but I was away from home," she chuckled and gestured to her surroundings. "I was actually camping out in the wild for a few days with Aoi and making my survey runs to get more data on the local fauna. Nothing too exciting, just tracking migration patterns of otori and trying to get a peek at how they raise their young. After a while, you kind of pick up certain quirks and history with some herds. It's almost like a show serial...but in the wild. So, I had recently returned to the Shiro for the miai. However, I have been off the planet a few times, mostly to represent my father and I have attended Winter Court once."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 pm 
"AH, gomen for my misunderstanding." He nodded and listened, getting the basics of it. "Quite interesting then...you must really love these birds." He smiled at the thought.

"And Winter Court? You must be a skilled courtier then." He glanced around as they trotted. "You enjoy spending time in the wild?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:38 am 
"I think I have to, if I spend so much time with the otori....often at a distance," she said with a sheepish smile. "I'm not an expert, not like those who actually live with them at the farms...but I think I know much about them to consider them a neighbour."

"Not really...my Winter Court was mostly uneventful as I spent my days as an assistant to a courtier who did something in the courts. It was a good learning experience and I met a variety of people at the Castle of Golden Fire, many that I wouldn't meet here. At least, unless the miai right now. My days there were pretty hectic and court life is complicated...not exactly something I can easily narrow down to a science I can understand. If I had to choose, I think spending time in the wild is where I'm more comfortable," she nodded as she surveyed the surroundings, catching sight of the ruined ship in the distance.

Aoi looked toward the ship as well, letting out a squaky grumble.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm 
Jin let out a low laugh. "Well, I am sure they consider you a close friend. Or distant cousin." He smiled, hopefully Chiruha wold find it in jest, and not in offense. "Ah well, I would say how exciting, but then, I jump into warzones for my lord, as I find other duties boring, so I am not the best judge, I feel." He continued the slow trot of his bird. "Spending time in the wild? Is that your dream, that you would like to do, if it were up to you?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:40 pm 
"The ones who know me, sure," she chuckled with a nod. "I think the local otori here have wisened up to the local ranchers and the predators that they aren't friendly to just anyone, for a good reason. They have a lot young in their herd and have developed a system where they are raised communally...anyway..." she said with a wave of her hand before she rambled too much.

"At the moment, it's my duty and not a dream. It is a duty I very much enjoy, Ujina-sama, but I suppose I also have to come to terms that I might not exactly be on this planet if I were to get married, depending on the nature of the arrangements," she said with a faint sigh.

"I think there's a good spot we can go, this way," she said as she gave a few pats on Aoi's neck and negotiated with him to go a certain direction.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:48 pm 
Jin followed Chiruha's direction (and Aoi's). "Hm, that is glad to hear. It is certainly heartening to hear when someone is able to follow their dreams during their Duty." He let out a sigh. "It seems I have inadvertently led us to a slightly heavier topic then Asako-sama. What are your expectations of this miai?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:34 am 
"I've just been lucky that I'm very happy with what I do here," she smiled softly at Jin.

"Expectations of the miai..." she murmured with a pensive frown at first and let out a sigh. "...I guess I haven't really had time to sit down and think about it too much in between meetings, tea, working on my projecting and delegating the Fan Con committee...but I imagine the ultimate result of the miai here is that I will be married out."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 am 
Jin nodded. "You don't see a chance for you to stay and bring your husband or wife to Asakaze?" He asked with ease, steering the conversation slowly. "Tea sounds lovely though. Not much of an expert myself, sadly."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:30 am 
"Me neither, if I can be honest," she smirked, regarding the tea. "I'm usually on the go and most of the tea I know are served pre-packaged in bottles. Green tea on the go...Oolong tea on the go...white tea on the go. I guess I might know some things but mostly winging what I hear from my brother."

She shrugged her should. "It seems unlikely. Maybe my father might create an opportunity for other clans to be stationed here but I don't know if that's a possibility I want to entertain either, considering his methods."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:41 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
"Me neither, if I can be honest," she smirked, regarding the tea. "I'm usually on the go and most of the tea I know are served pre-packaged in bottles. Green tea on the go...Oolong tea on the go...white tea on the go. I guess I might know some things but mostly winging what I hear from my brother."

She shrugged her should. "It seems unlikely. Maybe my father might create an opportunity for other clans to be stationed here but I don't know if that's a possibility I want to entertain either, considering his methods."

Jin laughed. "Ah, sounds good! With some rice on the go?" He asked with a smirk. "Busy busy Asako-sama."

He followed the birdish guidance more as they rode. "Well, I was more thinking of someone marrying in." He smiled. "Can I ask whether you have preferences about suitable candidates? Who might you have in mind for yourself?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 am 
(Sorry for the delay!)

"Rice on the go, bread on the go, buns on the go...you can name it. Truthfully, I've probably eaten more meals abroad as of late than at the dining room in the Shiro," she gave a hapless shrug with a short giggle.

"Preferences..." she said thoughtfully. "I know I've spoken to Hotaru Koseki-san, Yasuki Nishida-sama and...Isawa Sora-san regarding potential arrangements. Yourself, too. All have been pleasant and forthcoming in their own way. I wouldn't mind getting married to any of the above but if asked to make a choice, I can't say I could make an easy decision on preference at the moment."

"Oh! There we are!" she exclaimed as they arrived at a clearing where there were large vibrant mushrooms that provided shade to the shallow pond beneath them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]