It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [D5EA] Insect Squad in the Sky
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:54 pm 
Yul nodded. "Yeah. I think I do. We met the other night..." He grinned, shaking his head. "I'm not sure how to describe it. But we just clicked. Like, really clicked." He looked at Hyeon-ju. "She's not a pilot, but she's an explorer. She gets it."

He smiled. "So, yeah. I mean, it was just one meeting. But we're going flying later today. And I've got a good feeling about it." Smirking, he patted his stomach. "Gut, you know."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm 
Her lips quivered slightly, forming into a brief smirk. "Just make sure it's your gut and not the wrong head making the calls for you, Cricket."

It was clearly a joke, even if delivered a little deadpan.

"An Osprey is good though... I'm glad you're finding someone. Now, let's hope Ruhe-san finds someone too, hm?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:35 pm 
"Wasp..." He scowled, but still smiled. "Wow, did not expect that sort of joke. Maybe I underestimated you."

After a moment, he shook his head. "For real, though. I'm not gonna pretend like I'm not attracted to her. But like I said, there was a connection. It was really something." Yul smiled.

Then he sighed. "Yeah... you think we might be able to set him and one of the Lion up?" Yul grimaced. "I don't know, none of them seem like a great fit. Maybe Chiyoko," Yul smirked, "-unless she ends up with you, of course."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:58 am 
"Nothing wrong with saying you're attracted. Just make sure you're also keeping a cool head. We have to remember to be able to adapt to the situation here as it changes..."

In truth, she partially envied him in having found that connection - and the Osprey was a good choice. Politically, but also because she had only heard good things about this Mumei.

"Maybe? I don't know if one of the Lions would be his thing... but I'm not getting a good vibe of who would be of interest to him. He likes music, so maybe the Sparrow I've heard about also being a musician?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:15 am 
"Oh." Yul frowned. "Yeah, actually, when I was hanging out with Hayato-sama, Ruhe-san was there, playing music. You know, like he does. And I think I saw a Sparrow there, too."

He shrugged. "That could work. Are the Sparrow a good clan match, though?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:53 am 
"It's not a bad one, but that's pretty much all I can say about the Sparrow. They have no political relevance one way or another. Nothing to trade, nothing to protect, nothing to offer, but no enemies and no rivals..."

All in all, it was almost the same as choosing nothing at all. Only good it was for was for bringing in new blood to the ranks.

Lowering the altitude, they were practically gliding right above the giant fungal stalks.

"Maybe he'll speak more freely with you about his interests. As a fellow man, and all."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:08 am 
Yul chuckled. "Yeah, okay. Sure. I'll ask him sometime."

For a little while, they flew in silence again.

"So..." Yul began again, "Is this all pretty much how you expected it would be? The miai, I mean. The other clans. Not this fungal forest." He nodded out the window. "I mean, once someone said 'fungal forest', that's pretty much what I pictured.

He chuckled. "But no, I mean, like, meeting Lion, and Crane, and all the others. Trying to find a spouse. It's not what I expected."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:44 am 
She didn't mind the silence, just enjoying the view and the flight.

"... Not really like what I imagined, no. I had hoped it would be more... straightforward. Clan said to look for ties with Lion and Crab. Lion was straightforward enough, but the Crab, well we've already covered that. I didn't expect the Spider to actually be somewhat decent. Or rather, it's been a 50/50 on what they've been like. Which is a lot more than I thought before coming here."

Her lips pursed, gently nudging the craft in a swing for a better view of the river. "What did you think it was going to be like?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:49 am 
Yul chuckled. "I don't know. A lot of formal occasions. A lot of scheduled meetings. Speeches. Maybe some tests. More art. Poetry. That sort of thing. I didn't expect it to be so active. Riding and shooting and stuff.
Stuff more suited to me." Yul grinned. "Guess I should have studied the briefing more closely, huh?"

He sighed. "I've really liked getting to know people in other clans, too. I think no matter how it turns out, I'll have made some friends. I guess we can write to each other."

His lips quirked. "I hope we don't have to blow up that Crane pilot. I mean, I totally could, I'd just rather not."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:00 am 
"Peeps? Yeah..." she frowned for a while. "It would be a shame. She's a good kid. A touch naive and starry-eyed, but, yeah... she's good."

High praise from the Wasp for an enemy pilot.

"Not that we nescessarily know who we shoot down in a fight though. We can't tell at a glance that it's her. And well... you'll probably call me heartless again now, but if I knew she was there, on the other side, I would take her out. Because I know she's a threat, based on what she's told us. That she's a good pilot." It was the respect between two warriors - to fully acknowledge the other's skill, and to seek a glorious end for the other in battle.

If Peeps felt differently, it hadn't occurred to her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:38 am 
Yul shook his head. "No, I wouldn't. I feel the same way." Yul gave her a wry smile. "Hey, just because I'm not as cold as you doesn't mean that I don't know friend from enemy. That's just what I mean."

He looked at Hyeon-ju. "I guess I was thinking about that if one of us ends up marrying out. Especially a Spider." Yul grimaced. "Maybe it's not worth thinking about, not this early anyway."

Still, the look he gave her was strange, pain in his eyes. He looked away after just a moment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:16 am 
"I am not planning on marrying out to a Spider," she said, firmly. Even if Satoru was a possibility, she had no intention of picking him if it meant marrying in.

And if one of them picks me to marry in, I'll consider a protest... Hyeon-ju's jawline was clenched, and the grip once more tightened on the controls.

"But you're right. It's not worth thinking about yet. Let's stay focused on the hurdle in front of us, and we can worry about those things later. How are you doing otherwise though? Making friends here?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:37 pm 
"Good." Yul said, smiling at her. After a few moments, his lips quirked. "I'd hate to have to shoot you down." He readied an impudent grin for any retort she had, but there was a note of real relief in his voice.

Yul nodded. "Sure. Lots. Mostly Lion. I guess that makes sense. We've butted heads in the past, and there's plenty we disagree with them on. But also plenty we don't. A few others..." He waved a hand. "My Scorpion roommate, actually." Yul smirked again. "With a Scorpion and a Spider for a roommate, I've been taking some extra precautions, but no trouble yet.

"What about you?" Yul asked casually.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 pm 
"Mm, Scorpion and Spider, huh? Seems to be an awful lot of Spider, but they desperately need allies these days." Technically they were friends with the Scorpions, but everyone knew that petting Scorpions with a compassionate hand earned you a sting.

"I room with a Crane, a Crab, and a Spider. So it could be worse. The Crane and Spider aren't that bad either... well, Daigotsu-san is kind of... uh... eerie. But he seems very proper otherwise." Like someone who read all the etiquette protocols but lack the understanding behind social interaction.

"Been social with some others. Lion, like yourself. Some of the Minor Clans. Not sure I could say friends though." She frowned a little. "Maybe we should see about that pilot-gathering Peeps spoke of? The Kuni in my room is a pilot too, and there would be Akodo-sama as well. Sounds like it could be a fun time."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2