It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [D8 LA] A Most Dangerous Game (Closed/Expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:42 am 
Shoan pauses for a few moments then straightens and relaxes when it’s clear the creature isn’t going to jump up.

“Nicely done, that was clean. Nobody stubbed their toe? Everyone alright?”

Last edited by Murame Shoan on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:44 am 
Well that was....

Hayato rose to his feet and looked over the corpses of the creatures before him, perhaps waiting for some signs they would move, as his rifle was held in a low ready in the beasts general direction.

"Seems like we had a two for one special." He offered after a moment. "But no, i'm alright."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm 
Ryuu looked over the creatures, his eyes focused on them. He said nothing for a moment, savoring the sacred violence of the hunt. A prayer, not spoken outloud, filled his mind, respect given for the deadly creatures, both to the Fortune of the Hunt, and the Dark Fortune as well.

Then a look to the others.

"They were fine prey. Desdly and cunning. I am glad to have been here with all of you."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:41 pm 
"Nice work team. Looks like we're in the clear." The Firefly kept his rifle pointed at the water just in case. The last one had gotten a little too close for comfort but Hayato's shot had put it out of their misery.

"Probably won't take long for scavengers to notice the bodies." That was something he'd read in the Journal of Asakaze Ecology.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:52 pm 
"Indeed." Ryuu nodded to the Firefly, before stowing the rifle. He walked closer to the beast his shot had felled. A hand reached for the hilt of his sword. "Are any of you squeamish to me taking the head of this one?" He raised an eyebrow, looking over his shoulder.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:02 pm 
"You finished it, be my guest." It was a pretty metal thing to do. He looked over to see if the Mantis wanted to do the same with the other one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 pm 
"I don't mind, but are you going to be able to carry it?" Hayato replied glancing towards the spider. "I know the atv I brought with me isn't going to be able to drag it back to the city."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:09 pm 
He paused. He may have the might of the Earth with him, but even that had some limits. Then he saw the claw. With a flick, his katana was drawn, and he claimed it.

"It was a team effort. We were prepared and ready to deal with them. I would be honored to share this prize with all of you. The teeth may make excellent trophies." He cleaned the blade of his katana with a flick, quickly sheathing it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:19 pm 
Hayato watched the man as he hacked off sizeable portion of the 14 meter monstrosities claw. Well he could do as he pleased.

"I'll pass i think but thanks. I'll take a picture as a keepsake but that's about all I'll need." With that he started to fiddle with his comm to put it into selfish mode.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:34 pm 
"Those teeth are like knives." Koseki took a closer look, wondering if these were the ones that had torn that poor Crab apart. "You know what Daigotsu-san. I will take one of those teeth since you offered. The bite force must be incredible, look at those jaw muscles."

He also pulled out his densai and took a few photographs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 pm 
Ryuu nodded to the Firefly. He took his wakizashi free, and knelt by the mouth of the great beast. Another silent prayer.

You were a worthy foe. Your spirit is is strong, and may it infuse your fellows in your absence. Should that mean they come for me, I welcome them as worthy adversaries. Be at peace.

The blade dug into the gums of the creature, cutting free three teeth. Doing the grisly work that perhaps the others did not have a taste for. When he cleaned the bloody end of the tooth, he handed one to Koseki, and offered the other to Shoan.

The third would be a good gift.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:59 pm 
"Thanks Daigotsu-san." He nodded and took the tooth, wrapping it in a cloth and tucking it into a pocket. As the other trophies were acquired he took a closer look at the bodies of the creatures. Perhaps there would be some indication of damage from radiant weapons or swords?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 pm 
Hotaru Koseki wrote:
"Thanks Daigotsu-san." He nodded and took the tooth, wrapping it in a cloth and tucking it into a pocket. As the other trophies were acquired he took a closer look at the bodies of the creatures. Perhaps there would be some indication of damage from radiant weapons or swords?

Shoan does the same, were either of these beasts the infamous murderer of Kuni Koryn?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 pm 
After snapping a couple of shots with him and the nonmutilated drifter Hayato turned back to the others. "I'd like to think we managed to get it on this little hunt of ours, but that seems like slim odds." Hayato offered as he saw the others looking over the corpses.

"Could probably check between the teeth too though, see if there is anything stuck between them that may be artifical." Hayato said before moving to do just that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 pm 
Daigotsu Ryuu wrote:
Ryuu nodded to the Firefly. He took his wakizashi free, and knelt by the mouth of the great beast. Another silent prayer.

You were a worthy foe. Your spirit is is strong, and may it infuse your fellows in your absence. Should that mean they come for me, I welcome them as worthy adversaries. Be at peace.

The blade dug into the gums of the creature, cutting free three teeth. Doing the grisly work that perhaps the others did not have a taste for. When he cleaned the bloody end of the tooth, he handed one to Koseki, and offered the other to Shoan.

The third would be a good gift.

Shoan was also happy to have one large dinosaur tooth, something to tell the kids about and possibly use as a doorstop. She nodded her thanks to Ryuu.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3