It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Post subject: Re: "Soooo...." (Day 9 Late Afternoon, Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:28 pm 
"I can understand that, Ikoma-san." He replied with a nod keeping his eyes on the woman for now. After alk she reportedly had very sharp elbows.

"I suppose i should ask about the part where you are angry at me though."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I can understand that, Ikoma-san." He replied with a nod keeping his eyes on the woman for now. After alk she reportedly had very sharp elbows.

"I suppose i should ask about the part where you are angry at me though."

"That's simple."
Another jab, sharp elbows flying

"You've got a good head on your shoulders, the right sense of humour, useful skills, a respectable position in your clan and you're not unattractive. If you were anything but a Mantis...or okay a Spider, but if you were a member of any other clan you would be perfect! You are this really really prospective good partner who...cannot be my partner."

Now giving him a good squint too
"And that's not your fault in any way...but I am allowed to be angry about it because it's something out of romance fiction."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:08 pm 
Hayato kept a cautious eye of jabbing fingers and flying elbows, but didn't retreat, though it was through a bit of force of will.

He didn't really know how to respond to that though, but a rueful smile made its way onto his lips as he ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't know you read romance novels, Ikoma-san."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato kept a cautious eye of jabbing fingers and flying elbows, but didn't retreat, though it was through a bit of force of will.

He didn't really know how to respond to that though, but a rueful smile made its way onto his lips as he ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't know you read romance novels, Ikoma-san."

“Hmmmph. I enjoy all the classics, some deal with matters of the heart.”
One final half hearted jab of her hand

“... And I’m not mad at you because of what I’ve read. That would be quite silly.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:01 am 
"It would." He agreed a soft smile on his lips. "Though if its any consolation I don't think I'm nearly as nice as someone from a romance novel."

He mimed bringing a cigarette to his lips and taking a puff. "I'm sure none of them smoke for instance."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:04 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"It would." He agreed a soft smile on his lips. "Though if its any consolation I don't think I'm nearly as nice as someone from a romance novel."

He mimed bringing a cigarette to his lips and taking a puff. "I'm sure none of them smoke for instance."

“You needed at least one or two more faults to be the dark brooding character who heart lures the protagonist away before a list minute moment of reflection. Now smoking just means you have some edge.”

Sighing

“As always.... I do feel much better after honest discussion. This has been productive.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:13 am 
"I could maybe manage being tortured by the lives I've taken?" If that would count. He wasn't completely sure. "Though i think I'd rather stick with just smoking."

Hayato lips curled into a smile though as he glanced in Shoan's direction. "That means it was worthwhile coming out here."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:16 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I could maybe manage being tortured by the lives I've taken?" If that would count. He wasn't completely sure. "Though i think I'd rather stick with just smoking."

Hayato lips curled into a smile though as he glanced in Shoan's direction. "That means it was worthwhile coming out here."

“Sorry, if anyone is going to have that trope, I have already called it for myself. You can pick something else like a fear of heights or a compulsion to change your outfit.”

Smiling back ever so slightly
“I am glad this was worth it... otherwise we would have had an incredibly awkward ride back after our ride in.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:57 am 
"Well." He glanced down at his shirt. "I did change clothes at least three times yesterday." Hayato admitted with a chuckle.

"I'm pretty sure you would of made me ride back on top if it had gone differently." There was a small pause as he seemed to come to a decision. "Could I give you something? Between friends, no games of refusals."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:59 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well." He glanced down at his shirt. "I did change clothes at least three times yesterday." Hayato admitted with a chuckle.

"I'm pretty sure you would of made me ride back on top if it had gone differently." There was a small pause as he seemed to come to a decision. "Could I give you something? Between friends, no games of refusals."

“On back? Of course not, you might have been injured. You could have ridden in the boot.”

There is a double eyebrow raise at the question
“Just one Rokugani to another? Uh... yes, you may.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:37 am 
"Ah, well that's quite generous of you." He said with a grin. Though it just might be more uncomfortable.

"Thanks." He said simply as he removed a folded holoslate from his pocket and handed it to her. "Its a reservation for the cabinet at the Sun-moon-flower. Its dated two days from now in the hours immediately after the Tanabata ceremony hosted by the Phoenix. ((Day 11 LE)) The most romantic night of the miai at the most romantic restaurant in town. I'd like you to have it, to use it with whomever you think is most deserving. And don't worry about the price of the meal either, I'll arrange that for you as well."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Ah, well that's quite generous of you." He said with a grin. Though it just might be more uncomfortable.

"Thanks." He said simply as he removed a folded holoslate from his pocket and handed it to her. "Its a reservation for the cabinet at the Sun-moon-flower. Its dated two days from now in the hours immediately after the Tanabata ceremony hosted by the Phoenix. ((Day 11 LE)) The most romantic night of the miai at the most romantic restaurant in town. I'd like you to have it, to use it with whomever you think is most deserving. And don't worry about the price of the meal either, I'll arrange that for you as well."

Shoan is literally speechless, looking between the holoslate and Hayato as if one of them might disappear

“It’s too- I mean, sure you have-....Urrgh. This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever been presented and you made me promise not to refuse it.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 am 
He grinned at that and extended his hand with the holoslate once again.

"You can curse at me and call me a tricky Mantis it will make you feel better."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:09 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
He grinned at that and extended his hand with the holoslate once again.

"You can curse at me and call me a tricky Mantis it will make you feel better."

“You’re a damn tricky Mantis, Hayato-san.”
She steps forward and grabs Hayato’s offered hand to pull the Mantis close, planting a kiss on his check before releasing him and carefully accepting the holoslate.

“Now I am very satisfied.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:15 am 
That had been quite surprising and as the Lioness stepped away he reached up a hand to touch his check. "I think I recall being told Lion weren't tricky at all, Shoan-san."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:17 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
That had been quite surprising and as the Lioness stepped away he reached up a hand to touch his check. "I think I recall being told Lion weren't tricky at all, Shoan-san."

“It’s true.”
She nods solemnly
“We are a straightforward Clan who has never deceived anyone. Of course, when we see an opening in our opponent’s battle lines we seize it.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:23 am 
"My battle lines." He lifted an eyebrow at that. "That almost sounded lewd." There was a bit of teasing to his tone but it didn't linger.

"Still I'm glad you liked it, at least a little."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"My battle lines." He lifted an eyebrow at that. "That almost sounded lewd." There was a bit of teasing to his tone but it didn't linger.

"Still I'm glad you liked it, at least a little."

“Lewdness is in the eye of the beholder. Just know that your gift is appreciated and I...um”
Shoan actually looks bashful for a few moments

“I.. think I will take Kitsu Nozomi-san with me, if there are no last minute requests for her hand. She is... a very pleasant samurai to be around.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:45 am 
"Kitsu-san?" That brought s bright smile to his lips. "I'm happy to hear." He stepped in closer and put a hand on Shoan's shoulder for a moment and giving it a comforting squueze before letting his hand fall away. Well, if she didn't suplex him for being so forward.

Hayato continued to walk past the Lion, turning in his steps to come a bit closer to the water. "I think you two will do well together, if you don't mind my opinion. She's sweet and kind, and well, you're one of the best samurai here, you'll support each other well."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:49 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Kitsu-san?" That brought s bright smile to his lips. "I'm happy to hear." He stepped in closer and put a hand on Shoan's shoulder for a moment and giving it a comforting squueze before letting his hand fall away. Well, if she didn't suplex him for being so forward.

Hayato continued to walk past the Lion, turning in his steps to come a bit closer to the water. "I think you two will do well together, if you don't mind my opinion. She's sweet and kind, and well, you're one of the best samurai here, you'll support each other well."

There’s a slight tightening of her shoulder at the touch. But it would probably be hypocritical for her tonsupkex Hayato now... maybe next time. The wasp even almost got a smile.

following him towards the water, her tone unconsciously enthusiastic.
“She is extremely sweet and proper, but also a Lion underneath it all, she didn’t even complain when I dragged her running in the mornings. I just... feel comfortable with her, it is easy to imagine myself hugging her... and uh, other things.”

Glancing at Hayato
“I hope that your preferred spouse is equally good. Have you settled on a samurai?”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next