It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: [D3 LE] Jam Session
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:43 am 
Tetsu does a double take at the intersection, knowing that Nishida's feelings were close to his own on the subject.

"How do you know the" Tetsu casts a look at the Spider "esteemed samurai Nishida-san?"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:45 am 
He nodded. "Good, lucky I'm here then", and he leaned against the bar, reaching for a smoke from his pocket. "Saw you're moves at the starcade by the way." he lit it, giving him a smirk. "Proper decorum."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:52 am 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
Tetsu does a double take at the intersection, knowing that Nishida's feelings were close to his own on the subject.

"How do you know the" Tetsu casts a look at the Spider "esteemed samurai Nishida-san?"

Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He nodded. "Good, lucky I'm here then", and he leaned against the bar, reaching for a smoke from his pocket. "Saw you're moves at the starcade by the way." he lit it, giving him a smirk. "Proper decorum."

He blushed briefly and cleared his throat: "Thank you for the compliment, Daigotsu-sama," then he turned to Tetsu. "I met Daigotsu-sama at the bathhouse."

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:54 am 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:

"Oh, Fundai-san, it's been a while", Shokomaru said with a nod. "How about a drink?"

he took his refill and asked for one more.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:57 am 
"If you're buying, I recommend the Hida Blue Sash. It won't wreck your wallet but it's better than the Watsu"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:02 am 
He jerked his thumb at Tetsu. "You heard'm", he told the bartender. "I just drink whatever's in the well in a place like this, getting smashed is easier that way."

The drink was placed down.

"Have at it", he slid it to Tetsu.

He look back Nishida. "Any noise complaints in this neighborhood, you think?"

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:04 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul chuckled as well, shaking his head.

"Rangers? Yeah, I've heard of them." Yul nodded. "Pretty impressive stuff. I'm guessing that you don't do too much ship duty, then? Just enough to get you from one place to another?"

"Not much at all honestly." He sipped his sake, and looking down at the lizard took another piece. "Means I get to spend more time dirt side though."

"You been to a lot of different places?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:10 am 
He jerked his thumb at Tetsu. "You heard'm", he told the bartender. "I just drink whatever's in the well in a place like this, getting smashed is easier that way."

The drink was placed down.

"Have at it", he slid it to Tetsu.

He look back Nishida. "Any noise complaints in this neighborhood, you think?"

"I don't think so, we're in the lower city. The only ones who could complain would be ronin and heimin" Nishida shrugged.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:58 am 
Yasuki Nishida wrote:

"I don't think so, we're in the lower city. The only ones who could complain would be ronin and heimin" Nishida shrugged.

Tetsu nods, though he doesn't take the drink. "It's pretty much the slums, a night market, and the perimeter. I doubt we hear any complaints."

Tetsu heads to the bar and gestures to Tomo-san. "The man over there has opened up a tab. One Hida Blue" He quirks an eyebrows at the bartender.

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:03 am 
And now he's just walking away without a word or taking the drink. Shokomaru shrugged and looked at Nishida.

"Charming guy."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:16 am 

Tomo merely gave a nod and gestured the bartender to get to work, serving the Spider a nicely poured bottled of Hida Blue Sash that just arrived.

There was seemingly more Crab here over night, certainly new faces that weren't present on the previous days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:

"Not much at all honestly." He sipped his sake, and looking down at the lizard took another piece. "Means I get to spend more time dirt side though."

"You been to a lot of different places?"

Yul nodded acknowledgement.

"Yes and no." He said, shrugging. "I've been to every Unicorn world, at least a bit. But this is my first time touching down outside of Unicorn space. I guess that's a lot compared to some people. But some people go to a lot more places."

He shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just glad I don't have to choose between being stuck planetside or spaceside." Yul grimaced. "Well... I haven't yet, anyway. We'll see in a few weeks, huh?"

Yul continued to nod casually at the samurai that passed near the bar.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:44 am 
Yasuki Nishida wrote:
"Ahh, that's good to know" he said and with a "Kampai" emptied his cup in return.

"It should begin any minute"

Overhearing some of the conversation, Shion looks at the Moto again, waiting to see if he's ok with her suggestions or has suggestions of his own. As she waits, she goes do some last checks on the setup and gets her equipment ready to plug.

"Fundai-sama", she says, nodding at Tetsu. "So what do we have channels for here? We should need at least two for Moto-san's fiddle and my Shamisen", she says as she plugs the cable on her instrument and gets it ready to rumble. "Plus one for my computer or one of Moto-san's or your own, if you'd like us to use some of your background for a tune. And... There room for mikes, one or two?"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:25 am 
"Hey, we told you that we would bring in more customers. If you like how they sound, well do it bigger tomorrow."

Suzume Shion wrote:
[.

"Fundai-sama", she says, nodding at Tetsu. "So what do we have channels for here? We should need at least two for Moto-san's fiddle and my Shamisen", she says as she plugs the cable on her instrument and gets it ready to rumble. "Plus one for my computer or one of Moto-san's or your own, if you'd like us to use some of your background for a tune. And... There room for mikes, one or two?"

"Give me a second." Tetsu heads over to his sound booth. "I think I've got it set up to handle both of you playing together."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:41 am 

Tomo gave a small shrug. "More like timing, most of these new guys around here are from Silver Fin Productions that just landed for tomorrow's event.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:

Yul nodded acknowledgement.

"Yes and no." He said, shrugging. "I've been to every Unicorn world, at least a bit. But this is my first time touching down outside of Unicorn space. I guess that's a lot compared to some people. But some people go to a lot more places."

He shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just glad I don't have to choose between being stuck planetside or spaceside." Yul grimaced. "Well... I haven't yet, anyway. We'll see in a few weeks, huh?"

Yul continued to nod casually at the samurai that passed near the bar.

"Yeah, not yet. Maybe not ever either." Which might be what the Unicorn was hoping for. "You're right though, we'll see soon enough."

A gaggle of Crab surrounding the Spider at the bar wasn't exactly a good sign to Hayato but he let it be for now. "It must be bodice to have visited so many places though, any world in particular that caught your fancy?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:23 pm 
And now he's just walking away without a word or taking the drink. Shokomaru shrugged and looked at Nishida.

"Charming guy."

"He is, He also has alot of irons in the forge" he said looking how Tetsu run around trying to connect al the devices to the soundbox.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:58 pm 
Suzume Shion wrote:
Moto Ruhe wrote:
"Seems so." Ruhe greeted Shion with a smile, spontaneous enough to offer her his hand for a shake as next in line, having waved to Yul at the bar. "You'll go wilder, I'll be more docile, we meet halfway? Or we can alternate, I like it when things clash."

"Alternate sounds good. We can start trying to find two voicings for the same base rhythm, then go on to solos while the other holds a rhythm. You can go first. Do you have a recorded background you'd like to use? I have some. Also... Do we sing? Any particular base themes in mind?"

When it's time to talk shop, Shion suddenly stops being shy it seems...

She does look at the Hiruma who entered the sake house and greeted her with some interest in her eyes, but she's clearly too focused on the task at hand.

"We're in a Crab place and I'd like to honor their tropes. Wrote a piece yesterday. I don't do backgrounds that much, I trust my own instrument to carry it. And I expect to sing, yeah. 5/8 bar good for you?"

Ruhe plugged in his fiddle and tried some sweeps to check if he liked the acoustics.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 pm 
Yasuki Nishida wrote:
"He is, He also has alot of irons in the forge" he said looking how Tetsu run around trying to connect al the devices to the soundbox.

He shrugged. "Busy people stay moving, I get it. So what are you moving on these days, Yasuki-san?" he asked. Likely referring to the miai.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:34 pm 
Moto Ruhe wrote:

Ruhe plugged in his fiddle and tried some sweeps to check if he liked the acoustics.

Tetsu tweaks the audio and offers a thumbs up. "You sound good. Ready to let rip?"

"Drumstick" the Otori
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next