It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Drinking the Scenery [D1, LE]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:30 pm 
A bunch of the others had decided to retreat back to the hotel to watch some movie on TV. That was great and all, but this was the first non-jet lagged night on a fresh planet. There were things to see!

Yes, the lower city wasn't exactly part of the tourist holo-card, but that was where you found the real city. Tetsu had spent enough time belowdecks on ships to know that even among samurai there were plenty who didn't have a ton of coin to throw around. Even if he hadn't, the Fundai docks hadn't exactly been the nicest part of Kaiu Prime. This part of town was closer to home than anyplace Tetsu had seen in a long time.

Tetsu steps in, scanning around the place and heads to the bar, signaling to the bartender. "How much for a drink?"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

Post subject: Re: Drinking the Scenery [D1, LE]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:36 am 
The heimen bartender would make his way over to the Fundai when he was called over and would point over to the sign above after giving his obligatory bow. The sign listed the common drinks of the bar, which were mostly cheap drinks. If ranged from Watsu Light Beer, which was a poor beer that was just a few zeni to Tsugu Grape-Flavoured Chuhai. It was likely the sort of thing that would see the day of light at a grocery store aisle but they were served here as the main source of attraction.

There was a Yasuki at the end of the bar who perked up at the sight of another Crab and closed his conversation with a local before making his way over. He gave the Fundai a polite smile with warmth wasn't truly fully there, giving him a casual bow. "Ah, Fundai-san, good evening. Welcome to the Drunk'n Crab, this one is Yasuki Tomo. My apologies at the meagre offerings tonight. We are due for a bigger shipment in a few days but it's been delayed en route, I heard."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:59 am 
Tetsu perks up as well. "It is always a welcome sight to see a Crab doing well wherever we wash up. It is pleasure to meet you Yasuki-san, this one is called Fundai Tetsu...at least to those who care about the difference." Tetsu offers a tilt of the head, knowing that outside of each clan, no one particularly cared about the difference between a vassal family.

"A Hida Blue Sash if you have one. if not the Watsu will do" Tetsu answers the bartender, naming a brand that was known to be cheap, but at least slightly more reliably quality than the Watsu Light. Tetsu turns back to the Yasuki. "I don't think that I can properly state my enjoyment at hearing there is a Crab watering hole on this rock. I figured that if anyone had some "no nightdirt" insight on this place, I might get it here"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:12 am 
One, probably quite unusual, image emerged when Nishida entered the scene. The businessman in his fine suit, accompanied by Akechi, confidently entered the bar.

As much as he presented the fine businessman to the outside world, Nishida was still a crab and, much more, a Yasuki. Which is why he was happy to visit this place, a little piece of home, if you will.

When he saw Tetsu at the counter, he greeted him friendly "Tetsu-san, a joy to see you here" Afterwards he gave a short bow to the bartender. "Yasuki Nishida, a joy to be here"

Last edited by Yasuki Nishida on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:16 am 

"There will be a difference with me, at least. It's good to see other Crab here for the company. I'm sorry if I can't provide any novelty here but at least I can provide the novelty of home," he said as he waved off the bartender, taking the reigns to play host for Tetsu.

"Only Watsu Light, I'm afraid. We should have plenty of Hida Blue Sash in a few days. It must arrive by then," he said with a distraught shake of his head, clearly the late shipment is causing him more grieve than need be. Reaching for the fridge, he pulled out a silver can of Watsu Light, quite frosty. Despite the less than stellar service and products, he did manage to perfect poor for Tetsu.

"Here you go, Fundai-san. Don't put yourself in a situation where you have to pour for yourself, remember that. I can help my kin however I can, although I might have my hands full in the next few days. What brings you around here? Passing by?"

"Good evening, Nishida-sama, welcome to the Drunk'n Crab. This one is Yasuki Tomo, owner and manager," he bowed politely with a faint smile as a Yasuki appeared.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:29 am 
"Arigato Yasuki-san" Tetsu inclines the cup in the proper expression of acceptance. "I'll keep your word of warning in mind, thank you."

Tetsu is about to respond as Nihshida walks in. If the image was strange to other clans, it rather wasn't for Tetsu. Crab tended to not be presumptuous, and to the young Fundai, the idea that someone in fine clothes stopping into a slightly dingy setting that promised good company and cheap yet strong drinks seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary.

"Hello there Yasuki-san, Yasuki-san. Kanpai!" Tetsu raises the cup, taking a sip. It's not a good beer, but ice hold and properly poured does mitigate that fact. Tetsu gestures to Nishida and himself before continuing. "The two of us, among others, have come for a miai. You might see a bit of boost in business yourself. We may be the first, but I would not be shocked if there are more to come. I don't know how many of those events they've had in here, but part of why I ask is because...distinguished proprietors such as yourself might know some of the the comings and goings on the planet for someone to make a mark if they are willing to take some risk."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:38 am 
Nishida orderd a Watsu Light for him and one for Akechi.
"I can only agree with Tetsu-san here, we are here for the Miai."

Nishida smiled when Tetsu asked for information, if he hadn't done it, Nishida would have done the same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:40 am 

Yasuki Tomo cast a straight look at him for a moment. "It's not so much a warning but custom by from days of old, I believe. A drink poured on your own invites disaster. This goes doubly when you're abroad, of course. Not to worry, Fundai-san. Unless this place was taken out by an asteroid, there will be always someone who will pour you a drink. Regardless, enjoy."

"Hah, Tomo-san is fine," he said when 'Yasuki-san' were combo'ed in succession. That was bound to get confusing and he was going to put the brakes on that. He went to grab a few cans of Watsu Light and happily pour another set of beer glasses for his kin.

"The miai?" He said with a bit of confusion at first before quickly realizing that bit of news he heard the back of his mind. "Ah, right, the miai. I've had my mind on the wrestling event that I forgot about. So what were you thinking of?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:52 am 
"Well, a few things popped into mind. I'm taking from your answer that it's not some big, annual to-do, so I don't suppose that I'll get anything on the competitions. Other than, you know, something for the local bookmakers to make a bit more on."

"But things that might help, I suppose, would be quick infusions of money and local prestige, especially the latter. Please correct me if I am wrong Yasuki Nishida-san." Tetsu inclines his head to his fellow miai participant. "I did hear a whisper about some recent disappearances"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:05 am 

Tomo gave a casual shrug at the question. "There's a bit of money being tossed back and forth among the heimen, mostly small stakes group pots. There's a fair bit of sports played all year round on the informator. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one going on what is going to happen with the governor's daughter and her marriage."

He quirked a brow at the talk of disappearances and he clucked his tongue with a shake of his head. "Yeah, I heard something like that. It's probably nature getting the better of the heimen. Mostly rural folks, nothing you need to worry about locally."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:07 am 
"Kanpai" Nsihida said to Tetsu and Akechi after recieving his drink. "Kanpai, Samurai-sama" Akechi said.
When Tetsu mentioned the missing persons, Akechi had a worried look on his face while Nishida remaind calm.
"I've heard the same. It's a pretty concerning rumor for sure. I'm also intersted to further our families influence on this planet Tomo-san"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:18 am 
"Oh? What's this about the governor's daughter and marriage?" Tetsu tries to exchange looks with Nishida. "I mean, I had heard that he had children, and that he had a bit overindulgence while enjoying karaoke. If she taking part of this thing as well?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:58 am 

Seeing as the Crab were drinking, he should probably do the same. He looked about and pulled out a can of chuhai. Doing nothing fancy with it, he raised his can to the toast and took a sip directly from it.

He gave a few slow nows. "The colony is still growing somewhat. The Drunk'n Crab managed to get an early foothold here during the days when Shiro Yaoke was nothing but pods and containers. Business more or less has stagnated as of late, which I guess it's what the governor is trying to change. Word is he's seeking both sponsors and opportunities for industrial growth, push the city outside the walls. But yeah, his daughter is being thrown into the mix. I imagine getting married to her would put some stake into the future of the colony, indirectly at least."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:04 am 
Nishida nodded. Seems like she's a high value target for the Miai then. A smile crept up his face.
"What is known about her? As the governor's daughter, she must have a lot of clout, right?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:37 am 

Tomo took a sip from his can and gave a small shrug. "Not sure. I don't know if she's done much politically. She probably had spent more time outside of Shiro Yaoke, both abroad and in the wilderness. Something of a busy-body, I think."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:48 am 
"Heh." Tetsu raises his cup, tilting it in Nishida. "It sounds like you have your high value target. I don't mind wingmanning for you if you want to go after her."

"But no big scores going on?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:53 am 
Nishida nodded: "From th current perspective, she would make the best target for the crab clan and the yasuki. Just imagine the foothold the clan could get when i,... i mean some of us were to marry her...." he took a sip from the beer. Then he looked to Tetsu.
"You would? But don't you think you could use some help with that rich scorpion girl?" Nishida giggled.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:08 am 
"Oh kami-sama." Tetsu cradles his face on his hand. "Is it that obvious? I mean, it's not the money, or that she's pretty. I means she's very, I mean-"

Tetsu drains his beer and motions for another. "She's whip smart. And knows computers. So yes, I could use some help"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:17 am 
"It would be a good match, either way." he said with a nod. "Strenghen our bonds to the scorpion. Depending on what they plan for this miai i can provide you with some goods here and there, maybe lend you my chauffeur and the car i rented, if you need something contact me" Nishida gave Tetsu his Communicator number.

"But you must realize that if I help you with something, I also demand your help when I need it"
Nishida was, nevertheless, a Yasuki.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 am 

Tomo gave a low shake of his head at the question and move to get another can of Watsu, pouring a new glass for Tetsu.

"Can't go wrong with a Scorpion but Phoenix or Unicorn could be worth considering," he chimed in.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next