It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D2 EN] Drink'n'lad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:02 am 
Even during the late hours, the Drun'n'Crab was bustling with people. There were the usual ji-samurai, drinking their cheep beers as they discussed the upcoming baseball game, debating who should pitch for the Tofu-Bats, boisterous as always. There was a junior official sharing sake with two heimin, some of the samurai huffing as they glanced at the table. On the counter sat two ronin, the men in ragged clothing drinking something cheap - and reeking as if they had just emerged from the jungles. And then, then there was a solitary Phoenix shugenja, sitting in the corner drinking Blue Sash even as the notes of a melancholic song filled the bar.

Run by GM Tassu

Post subject: Re: [D2 EN] Drink'n'lad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:11 am 
Tetsu has been lingering around the Crab, wheeling and dealing a bit and getting ready so trying for performers. A Phoenix around...well, it's odd to see.

"Greetings Phoenix-san. How are you doing tonight?"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 pm 
"Sour." Sora replied rather honestly. "Sour and bitter. Much like this." he tapped the beer glass in front of him, shaking his head. Sighing he looked up at Tetsu, beckoning him to sit down. "Isawa Sora. I hope the the Fortunes have been kind to you."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 pm 
"Kaiu Tatsu of Fundai. And I hope that the Fortunes can be a bit kinder to you." Tetsu pulls up a chair. "You seem to be a man with a great deal on his mind and woe in his heart. May I help?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 pm 
"Kaiu-san." Isawa bobbed his head to greet the other man as he sat down, tilting his head to the side. "Well. I suppose you might at least agree with me." He noted, chuckling as he reached for his can. "The Spider are just shit."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:42 pm 
Tetsu lets out a snort. "Sorry there, I didn't expect you to say it so bluntly. Usually it's the Crab who say those exact words." Tetsu offers a wink and a chuckle. "I don't think that you will hear too many dissenting voices around here. Tomo-san is a Yasuki after all."

"Though, if I may ask, what brought you to that conclusion"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:52 pm 
"Mmhmh, well. I have my reasons." the young man huffed, running his fingers through his hair.

"So, I was at this night club, right." Sora stabbed the table with his finger. "And then, outta nowhere comes this Crane. Four outta five. His finger traced the first four lines of the 'tadashii' kanji.

"She was coming to be. I mean, you know the type. These courtly flowers that have nothing better to do? Nothing besides having a little bit of fun. And you know, I have no issues with that." Sora grinned. "Especially when they offer their tail to me. So, I was there, thinking I got lucky. Bam." Sora whacked his palm to the table. "Then comes this Spider officer and is like... gimme. I mean, he didn't say that, but you know how that goes. Made his intentions very clear. And the Crane chick, well, she was all over him."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 pm 
"The Crane's though, they make a whole thing about about playing the field and being hard to get. I know the feeling though. I met this one Bayushi...gorgeous, whip smart, and she invites me out to the mall with her. Suddenly a Spider jumps in and says that he would like to join in too, and a potential date becomes nothing."

Tetsu shakes his head. "Spiders man. Fortunately, they seem to stay away from this place." Tetsu glances around. "Funny though, I hear Tomo-san, the owner, is trying to get some life in here: music acts, maybe something more low key than the club. Who knows, maybe it's the next big night spot."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:30 am 
"Dunno, this one didn't feel like that. At all." Sora interjected with a smirk on his lips. "Like, you know. She seemed really open in all the right ways." Turning the can on the table. "Oh well, there's all the tail and there's just one of me. There's always tomorrow, neh."

"Yah, fuck Spiders." He shook his head. "Fuck them all. So, this Scorpion chick? How hot we are talking?" Sora asked in turn, his eyebrows rising a bit.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:54 am 
"Best of luck to you. If you run into a lady you like and I'm around, I'll be happy to help you out." Tetsu raises a glass for a toast. "Kanpai"

"But my lady...well, if I can call her that. She's...adorable, if there's a word. Maybe not a classic Crane, poised and immaculate, but...cute, and full of energy, and with legs that would make a man-" Tetsu pounds his drink before he gets too far ahead of himself

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:28 am 
"Well. One day. World's full of birds." Sora murmured, shaking his head. "Her loss, really. I bet that Spider can't even do it. With all the stuff they have to endure." he added, still disgruntled. "How much bad luck one man can have." The young man shook his head.

"Yeah well, there really isn't such a thing as classy Crane. They're all, well. Yeah. I've been to two winter courts. Like, they insist that they are all classy, but, sheesh." Sora waved his hand as if to fan himself. "There's class, say, the Kitsune or Miya ladies. And then there's the Crane. At least with Scorpion you get what's on the tin!"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:14 am 
I think I'm beginning to see why the Crane was suddenly all over that other guy.

The thought goes unspoken as Tetsu tries to keep a friendly affect. "Well I do enjoy the mystery. What about you though? How are you going to get back at that Spider?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:35 am 
"Ah, I am a man of peace." Sora shook his head. "Not like he did anything bad-bad. And if she digs him, well, all the power to him." It seemed as if the young man was calming down. He reached for his beer, taking a sip and turning the can. "Blue sash eh, not too shabby. Does it also come in grey?" It seemed as if Sora was serious with his question.

"See, I would prefer to marry the governor's daughter. She's a real sweetheart. But, well. Before that, I would want to have some fun. If one can have any fun on this miserable excuse of a planet."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:42 am 
"No, I don't think so...they must have gotten their shipment in." Tetsu seems to think. "Hmmm, what if there was a way to get back at the Spider, and get yourself some tail in the process?"

Tetsu's expression turns evil. "What if you were to seduce one of the Spider women, here for the miai? I have the perfect in for you as well. Everyone knows that there is bad blood with the Crab and Spider. I approach one of them, and you swoop in as a big shot hero and impress the girl"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 pm 
"Well, it's good anyway." Sora tapped the can. "We don't really do beer. Or we do, but not this well. Trust a Crab know how to get drunk." He added with a wry smile on his lips. "And how that would work out?" Tetsu had Sora's interest, that much was for sure. "Mind you, I'm pretty picky when it comes to birds. Though, I do have someone in mind."

"Wait what? No, I am not touching any of them. Not even with a 10 shaku pole." He shook his head, visibly disgusted. "If you want to throw the dice, you stick your little Bishamon into one of them. Eugh." It seemed that the Isawa had opinions.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:07 pm 
"Fair enough, but let it never be said that I wouldn't fall of my sword so that your lady wouldn't...you know."

"But yes, Crab prides itself on its brewing. Hida Blue is usually the "cheap stuff" and it still blows a lot of others out of the water"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:20 pm 
"Meh. There's a flock out here. And I have my eyes on this one elusive bird." Sora winked. "I mean, I didn't do really well with the otori today, so I don't know about my chances but, one has to try neh."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:08 am 
"Oh? Who are you talking about?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:53 am 
"Asako Chiruha." He looked at the Crab. "I saw her at a winter court at the Castle of the Golden Fire." Tetsu would know the castle as 'Castle of the Golden Turd' for the rather strange flame motif dangling on the top of the tallest dome. "She is was so energetic! So innocent." Sora sighed. "Love at first sight, really."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:37 am 
"That's a very lofty goal"

That poor, poor girl.

"Any plans to try to make her yours? I know plenty of others have their eye on her"

"Drumstick" the Otori
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next