It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D3:EN:CRABS] A Bucket full of Crabs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:55 am 
Koryn also grabs a beer, and takes a sip "Maybe Hiruma-sama is going to be a judge later in the tournament? Do we know what the contests are going to be?" He shakes his head, "I didn't even try to do the Biathalon thing, but I did tame a bird yesterday"

Gear: Steel Silk Flight Suit, Diasho, Sidearm, Falcon, Communicator & Densai
Field Pack: Gasmask, Holorecorder, Med Pack, Cone Lantern, Paper & Ink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:04 pm 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
He clears his throat. "I'm chasing a different Bayushi, but is there a chance to arrange a meeting with the other one."

"You're a big boy Fundai-san, I'm not setting up your dates for you. Bayushi Tenma-sama is an accomplished athlete who hits the gym regularly, I'm sure you can arrange something from that information.

Oh. And don't forget both Bayushi probably know each other and talk to each other. Don't say to each of them she is the only one for you, cause that's not going to work."

Kuni Eriko wrote:
"Hiruma Chiyoko? Like the celebrity? I guess figures that she might be here with the wrestling show. Do you think the rest of the Delinquent Club will make an appearance?"

"Wait."

Akemi turned to the Kuni with stars in her eyes:

"Hiruma Chiyoko is here? Hiruma THE MENACE Chiyoko? You mean this miai is home to both Matsu MAXIMUM RANGE Chiyoko and Hiruma THE MENACE Chiyoko?

Best. Mess of economical and political negotiations with a coat of romance and tradition. Ever."

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:06 pm 
"A fantastical report, Hida-san. You have interacted with quite alot of people. Have you found a suitable partner yet?"

"Hmpf I had no intention of trying this death trap either, it is said that at least two candidates were evacuated to hospital." taking a sip from his beer.

"It would've been nice for Hiruma-san to show up, but i guess she's to cought up with her duties. Koryn-san, you said you heard a Yasuki is working with the spide?" he inquired.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:34 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:
[

"You're a big boy Fundai-san, I'm not setting up your dates for you. Bayushi Tenma-sama is an accomplished athlete who hits the gym regularly, I'm sure you can arrange something from that information.

Oh. And don't forget both Bayushi probably know each other and talk to each other. Don't say to each of them she is the only one for you, cause that's not going to work."
."

"Well that makes it easy then. I'll just pursue the one I already like. That does leave us a bit light on options"

"What is this thing about a traitor helping Spider?

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:57 pm 
He nods, "One of my roommates, an Utaku, was complaining about a Yasuki trying to set her up with one of the Spider, acting as his wingman." He shakes his head, "I wasn't there so I can't tell you who it was, or what exactly happened, but I can tell you the unicorn are gossiping about it to anyone who will listen."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:22 pm 
"Oh yes, you're bunked with another pilot Kuni Koryn-san right? Anything between you two? I talked with Daidoji Ishiyo-sama, who is also a pilot, and she seemed under the romantic idea pilots all shared a special something that non-pilots cannot understand."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:45 pm 
"I mean, I think we are friends, she offered to help me with the Miai. Oh and she got poisoned during the ikebana contest and I made her the antidote. "

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:05 pm 
"...

How exactly did you manage to say I saved the life of my beautiful friendly roommate who is also a talented pilot like me in such an unromantic way?

Did she make it clear she was already spoken for or something?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 pm 
"No, she is really dedicated to making her ancestors proud and standing out to make a good connection that will help her clan and family"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:47 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"...

How exactly did you manage to say I saved the life of my beautiful friendly roommate who is also a talented pilot like me in such an unromantic way?

Did she make it clear she was already spoken for or something?"

Tetsu looks over at Akemi and shrugs. "He's like this on the ship too.

He looks back over at Korryn. "Dude, ask her to join you at a mutually interested activity. Piloting something or whatnot. You have an in."

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:13 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Wait."

Akemi turned to the Kuni with stars in her eyes:

"Hiruma Chiyoko is here? Hiruma THE MENACE Chiyoko? You mean this miai is home to both Matsu MAXIMUM RANGE Chiyoko and Hiruma THE MENACE Chiyoko?

Best. Mess of economical and political negotiations with a coat of romance and tradition. Ever."

Eriko gave Akemi a wide blink and turned to look at Nishida for a moment.

"I haven't seen her around her year. I think Yasuki-sama only mentioned her by name...Is she actually taking part in the events? I don't think I've seen her around..." said before taking a sip of her beer. Nevermind she skipped out on all the events. Nobody called her out on it, so she could at least pretend she was actively part of the group.

She curiously watched her cousin explain what he did. Certainly, it seemed military life was drilled into Koryn to be so nonchalant. However, she felt obligated to speak up. "I'd cut Koryn-san some slack here. It's not like he gifted her the great daisho of a late ancestor. Just bit of first aid. Thunders...imagine if a Kuni medic took an interest with all of their patients?"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:15 am 
"Well, if Koryn-san does want to widen his horizons, I also have here an official invitation from Daidoji Ishiyo-sama to meet him... Pilots are in high demand apparently."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:01 am 
Arriving later than the others it seems, Nakaba strolls over to their table and grabs a beer. In fact he grabs two, downing the first fast before drinking the second much more casually. He simply nods his head along as people start talking about this spider wingman and at the mention of the word "traitor" Nakaba immediately downs his second beer in one go. His expression souring at the situation.

"Listen... Lets not start calling our cousins traitors over a misunderstanding. Especially when that cousin is right here." He waves is arm in front of face as to flag himself as that individual. "Can't believe I'm saying this but can we uphold a little compassion in saying no harm in helping your fellow samurai? There is opportunity in acquiring the favor of the enemy's chui right? I only passed along the advice to take a unicorn flying. Turned out to be a good call." He pops open the top of a third beer. "Possibility of my name getting tossed around between some power players could do me some good in actually being noticed."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:02 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:

"She is one of the person staying here, that isn't a local. Maybe she's part of the miai, maybe not" he shrugged. "What about you Eriko-san, have you found a suitable match for yourself?"

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:44 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
"Listen... Lets not start calling our cousins traitors over a misunderstanding. Especially when that cousin is right here." He waves is arm in front of face as to flag himself as that individual. "Can't believe I'm saying this but can we uphold a little compassion in saying no harm in helping your fellow samurai? There is opportunity in acquiring the favor of the enemy's chui right? I only passed along the advice to take a unicorn flying. Turned out to be a good call." He pops open the top of a third beer. "Possibility of my name getting tossed around between some power players could do me some good in actually being noticed."

"Oh, so you tried to hook up..."

Akemi pointed at the upper left corner of her chart:

"Daigotsu Shokomaru with... I haven't properly added Utaku Hyeon-ju to my list yet but she should be nearby Shinjo Yul I guess."

She pointed the middle middle-right Unicorn:

"A defensible strategy indeed. Better than having him grab into the Spider one of the other power players. Would be even better to set him up with people in the lower left corner of course, but cannot hope too much.

However, if you expect a Spider to return a favor... Well, optimism isn't sin per se I guess?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:10 am 
"Without wealth or status my assets are reduced to personality and playing off clan orders." he gestures his hands parting away and displays a sly smile at the word personality. "A yasuki's talent for reading what people desire is useful for those who can follow through on the purchase. I can't afford a helicopter... but I can make friends with people who can. Gain something from the opportunity." he taps his forehead in a gesture of self praise in making the best of the situation.

"Report-report-report hai hai. Meeting roommates was going well until it wasn't for some reason I don't understand. Went on a date with the Moshi, scary girl that I can't say I have any interest in, but made sure to have a good time nonetheless. I've haven't been awarded the chance to meet with many in the miai. No strong impressions both ways. Gotta hold out for my shot at anything." He shrugs. Hoping to swiftly move past his bad luck and praise his colleague blessings instead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:36 am 
"Moshi Atena... is peculiar. But a shugenja is a shugenja. Especially if you manage to have her marry into the Crab and not the other way around.

Note that my chart is not an absolute measurement of worth and that there is nothing wrong with wedding someone in the lower half if sufficient non-material advantages can be acquired from it.

Let's take an example."

She tapped the middle of the screen.

"Matsu Hide. On paper, just another marine. In practice, a fearless force of nature and an expert in hand-to-hand combat. She would do wonders in the Crab most unusual units like the Pragmatic or the Witch Hunters. For example, her easy-going nature could complete perfectly a more reserved partner for missions requiring both strength of arm and social acumen."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:16 am 
"She does sound like an excellent candidate I will give you that. I might not have the bulk but I am talented in close quarters combat myself. Could be a decent icebreaker." Nakaba smiles warmly towards Akemi. Appreciative of her help.

"I'm sure there are many other excellent candidates just like Matsu-san. Just need a chance to meet. It'll come soon mina-san I promise I am not slacking on my duties." He reassured playfully.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:37 am 
Eriko was about to speak to Nishida but that wasn't until the other Yasuki and the Hida took the conversation to the forefront. She was more than happy to sip her beer and chow down on some tofu was they settled things. It really seemed like the Yasuki was downing those drinks at an alerting rate, so she was glad she managed to snag hers early enough.

She nodded knowingly when Akemi mentioned Hide. "Ah, right, Matsu-san. I suppose she's a bit of a wonder and able to do a variety of things. She says she isn't social...but she doesn't do a good job of hiding it."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:19 pm 
"I would be glad to spend some time with the Crane Pilot, I haven't met her yet. " He nods, "I did spend some time on Day one with the Moshi, she seems very interesting, and likes books a lot"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next