It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: [D3 LE] Jam Session
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:29 pm 
Tetsu and Nishida had been talking up the idea of music nights at the Crab for a while now, and after finally clearing some issues, they had finally begun to get some people in as a test run. Tetsu is running checks on the sound system, trusting that his engineering background made him the default roadie for the evening.

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

Post subject: Re: [D3 LE] Jam Session
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:31 pm 
Ruhe came over, dragging a luggage where he probably had his music stuff.

"KnBnW folks."

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:50 pm 
"I...don't know what that means, but good evening Moto-san. Here, let me help you with that. Is this your first time at the Crab?"

Tetsu hauls the gear to where he is setting up.

"We should have people coming around shortly."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 am 
Being one of the organizers (even though he hadn't done much until now) Nishida was there too. He entered the bar in his casual clothes followed by Akechi. "Greetings!" he said when he entered the bar.

When he saw the Moto he gave im a quick bow: "Yasuki Nishida, you must be Moto Ruhe-san, am i right?"

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:09 am 
Tetsu fiddles with the cables, going through the sound check and marking the dials for later reference, trying to get the sound to work in harmony. He takes a chance and loops in the bars normal speakers, keeping that at a lower volume so they don't overload. It's easy enough for a trained engineer

Jam Session-Sound Setup-Raise to keep settings for the future-TN 15: 7d10o10k4 34

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:22 am 
"I'm the man. Well met, Yasuki-san or -sama, I can't tell but nice suit. First time here, have watered my mouth elsewhere so far, but it looks up my taste around here. But since folks are coming in shortly, let's get ready." Ruhe nodded appreciatively, offering his hand to Tetsu, then to Nishida as he came. Whether handshakes occurred or not, he started getting out his stuff, most notably his prized possession, an exquisite power horsehead fiddle.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:28 am 
Tetsu returns the handshake, having experienced one the other day, making a point to show it to Nishida.

"I think we are ready to go. We just have to wait on our wayward Sparrow"

Tetsu casts a quick envious look at the guitar.

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:51 am 
Yul was in the audience; at the bar, more specifically. He had a small bottle of sake, as well as some fried food, both of which he was sometimes sampling with some interest. Casually dressed, he seemed to just be there to enjoy himself, lacking the anxious air of someone waiting for someone.

Sometimes he cast a casual glance up at the performers when they walked by; he gave Moto Ruhe a wave and a salute with his sake cup. But he seemed more than content to just be at the bar.

(just hanging out here; don't mind me!)

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:18 am 
It was high time Hayato visited an actual bar and not the club, clubs were nice and all, especially since they usually had lovely women there. They just lacked the comfort of a bar.

Stepping inside he took a brief look around before heading to the bar itself, offering a polite nod to the Unicorn man as he took a seat a couple places down.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:41 am 
Grunting, Yul gave the other man a nod. And then a sharper look.

"Hey. You did really well at the biathlon today, didn't you?" Yul said. He raised his glass. "Fine shooting."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:21 am 
That much was what was expected from a Tsuruchi, but Hayato avoided saying as much. Instead he gave a polite smile and a nod of thanks. "Thanks."

"If i recall you did quite well yourself?" He offered in return. "You finished up near the top." Raising a hand he called over the bartender to place a order of sake. "I'm Tsuruchi Hayato by the way."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 am 
"Shinjo Yul." Yul inclined his head.

He took a bite of the fried... stuff. "You come here before, Tsuruchi-san?" Yul tilted the bowl towards the other samurai. "Is this lizard? I think it's lizard. I mean, whatever, it's good." Yul shrugged.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:57 am 
"Im not quite sure what it is." Hayato replied, glancing at whatever fried thing the Unicorn had bought. "How many legs does it have though?" If it even had legs.

"But no, its my first time here." He glanced around the bar. "It seems a rather popular place at least."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:04 am 
Yul shrugged. "I never got to see. It's just some kind of fried meat that I don't recognize." Yul shoved the bowl a little closer to the other man. "You can give it a try if you want."

"Yeah." Yul shrugged again. "I don't know. I know there's fancier places back in the city, but this sort of place is more my type, usually."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:49 am 

Yasuki Tomo lingered around, seeing as the Crab boys actually made good on their plans and had someone here to play some music. He wanted to make sure it went without a hitch. It was a good turn out too, at least. Thankfully, he managed to receive his shipment of Hida Blue Sash or there would have been a riot tomorrow. His staff were just rolling in the crates as the show was getting set up.

There was a movie program playing on the informator perched in the corner, protected by meshes wires. It showed perhaps the most enthusiastic Seppun devouring a potato crisp as part of his plan. Tomo lowered the volume to of the informator so that the Moto could play in peace.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:53 am 
A young Crab slipped into the local Crab bar, dressed in a black hoodie and some matching black sweatpants. She wasn't looking to commit a crime, just maintain a lower profile. Being a master of disguise wasn't exactly her strength. It seemed busy enough, especially with some attention trained on the show. She waved over a bartender to get a bottle of Hida Blue Sash.

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:52 pm 
The Sparrow does reach them, bringing her Shamisen and her computer on a bag on her back.

Seeing the crowd inside, she bows to the Fundai, Yasuki and Moto she had met before, greeting them respectfully. She does seem slightly surprised at seeing the Moto there.

"Moto-sama", she says after having greeted them all and bowed to the others as well. "So is it today we manage that first jam together then?", she says, smiling a bit.

OOC
Sorry, been afk most of the time these last days and hadn't seen the thread here!

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:19 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul shrugged. "I never got to see. It's just some kind of fried meat that I don't recognize." Yul shoved the bowl a little closer to the other man. "You can give it a try if you want."

"Yeah." Yul shrugged again. "I don't know. I know there's fancier places back in the city, but this sort of place is more my type, usually."

"Unidetified fried meat of some variety?" An amused smile made it's was onto Hayato's lips. "You know that sounds pretty appetiziing." With a nod of thanks he reached for a piece of the fried whatever it was, may as well right?

"Nothing wrong with that." Hayato replied inspecting the piece of fried food for a moment, it didn't seem to be a fish at least. "Those fancier places can be a bit exhausting at times." Taking a bite of the fried substance he took a moment to consider it before shrugging. "Not sure what it is, but it's not bad."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 pm 
Moto Ruhe wrote:

Fundai Tetsu wrote:

Nishida copied Tetsu and shook hands with the moto. It was not unknown that the Unicorn clan did this, but for him it was still a bit unusual.

"I'm looking forward to see your talent in action, Moto-san" he said with smile.

Suzume Shion wrote:

"Aaah, welcome, Suzume-san."
He turned to Tetsu: "Seems like our musical talents are here, is the equipment ready?"

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:55 pm 
"Seems so." Ruhe greeted Shion with a smile, spontaneous enough to offer her his hand for a shake as next in line, having waved to Yul at the bar. "You'll go wilder, I'll be more docile, we meet halfway? Or we can alternate, I like it when things clash."

He took note of the strange-eyed girl that entered, dressed the way he appreciated, but it wasn't the time to focus on her now that there was a task at hand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next