It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: [D3 LE] Jam Session
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:27 am 
Moto Ruhe wrote:
"Go with the ornament, girl!" Ruhe whispered off the mic, his hands not pausing on the fiddle's bow in assuming background for the shamisen to provide variation. Ruhe was a great fan of improvised interludes.

And improvise she did, finishing her part in the spotlight then nodding to him as they entered the bridge and passage she's just suggested. The three silent beats resonate through the bar as the patrons' conversation, the clinking of glasses and bottles and the sizzling of food being prepared becomes clearer for just a moment before Shion and Ruhe return to the chorus strongly, the Unicorn's voice and instrument leading again as the Sparrow provides the background. Happy with the result, she nods to him again with a pleased smile, then looks at the public to have a look at their reactions.

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 am 
"Wooo!!!" Testu cheers, trying to stir up the crowd and hoping that they don't need much encouragement. He heads over to the bar, nodding at Tomo. "So, what do you think?"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:33 am 
Forgetting status a bit, Nihsida said to Tetsu "Yeah, they could" holding his beer up high and cheering to Shions part.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:08 am 
Ruhe finished on a strong note, leaving a reverberating chord terminated at descent after some scale-hopping. He flashed metal hand signs, and then bowed to the audience and his stage partner.

"I bet you're not entertained just yet, because more is coming! Suzume Shion on shamisen, Moto Ruhe on morin khuur, we'll make your ears remember!"

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 am 
Shokomaru threw horns back at Ruhe.

"Fuckin' outstanding. Suzume-san, take the lead next time and challenge this guy!"

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:40 am 
This wasn't something the regulars here were used to, however there were a bigger split who seemed to like the infusion of live music and energy the performers gave to the local. It also helped there were a share of visitors too who were here the first time and really dug the act.

Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"Wooo!!!" Testu cheers, trying to stir up the crowd and hoping that they don't need much encouragement. He heads over to the bar, nodding at Tomo. "So, what do you think?"

Tomo looked rather indifferent about the act and remained stone-faced, certainly not buying the hype as some of the younger patrons might have. It was change and not something he took to easily. However, he did admit that they had talent. "Hrm, yeah. I think this thing seem legit and they're pretty decent. You've got some legs on this to make it work."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:55 am 
"It's all in the selling." Tetsu leans back against the bar. "The pair will be gone in a week or two, but the story...you can sell it for generations. I hope." The "roadie" grins. "If we can sell it for the Silver Fin people tomorrow, who will be looking to celebrate after their show, who knows? Maybe we can make a legend."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:20 am 

Tomo couldn't help but give Tetsu a bemused blink at that.

"Okay, I don't know if you've had too much to drink tonight already. It could be good, sure, but I don't know if it's going to be legendary. Well, we'll see." He shrugged.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:31 am 
Boogiepop wrote:

Tomo couldn't help but give Tetsu a bemused blink at that.

"Okay, I don't know if you've had too much to drink tonight already. It could be good, sure, but I don't know if it's going to be legendary. Well, we'll see." He shrugged.

"Not their act Tomo-san. This place." Tetsu chuckles "An underground music club where artists go to slum it, or work on their duets that you never will hear again. You get that going, and well, we will need more Hida Blue."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 am 

"I did get you the first time, Tetsu-san. Will it get more people here? We shall see. I think the best test would be what happens after the talent heads home. Apparently, the governor has things planned for traffic to this planet, among other things. I'm just hoping he doesn't raise taxes on the cost of doing business here." This was a Phoenix world and as an outsider, he did have to skim more of his profits to appease them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:27 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"If you find one let me know." Hopefully it wasn't infested with some sort of fungus monsters.

"It is." He dipped his head in farewell to the Unicorn. "But have a good night, Shinjo-san."

Rising to his feet, Yul half-bowed, half-waved at the Tsuruchi. "You too, Tsuruchi-sama."

Tossing some coins on the table, and then tucking his hands casually in his pockets, Yul made his exit.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm 
Ruhe gave Shion a moment to prepare and plan out her softer intermissions, then laid down the law of metal with the machine gun instrumentals Shokomaru had heard before ahead of the lyrics which should appeal to the Crab's darker realities.

"Brother will kill brother
Spilling blood across the land
Killing for prejudice
Something I don't understand
Fools like me, who cross the sea
And come to foreign lands
Ask the heimin for their beliefs
Do you kill on Fortune's command?
A country that's divided
Surely will not stand
My past erased, no more disgrace
No foolish naive stand
The end is near, it's crystal clear
Part of the master plan
Don't look now to old Rokugan
It might be your homelands
Holy wars
Upon my podium, as the
Know-it-all magistrate
Down in my seat of judgement
Tsuchi's bang, uphold the law
Up on my rampart, a leader
Out to change the world
Down in my bunker as the holier
Than-thou-could-be-messenger of my lord
Wage the war on heretical crime
Sneak attacks, repel down the rocks
Behind the lines
Some people risk to employ me
Some people live to destroy me
Either way they die, they die
They killed my kin, my brothers
With hopes to enslave us
First mistake, last mistake!
Paid by the alliance, to slay all the oni
Next mistake, no more mistakes
Fill the cracks in, with judicial granite
Because I don't say it,
Don't mean I ain't thinkin' it
Next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away
I know what I said, now I must scream of the overdose
And the lack of mercy killings
Mercy killings
Mercy killings
Killings, killings, killings, killings
Next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away"

[I'm not linking songs for the pleasure of some fans out there to identify what I adapted.]

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:57 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Rising to his feet, Yul half-bowed, half-waved at the Tsuruchi. "You too, Tsuruchi-sama."

Tossing some coins on the table, and then tucking his hands casually in his pockets, Yul made his exit.

Hayato offered the Unicorn a polite nod, in place of a bow The Mantis turned toowards the stage.

He was here, may as well enjoy the music.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 am 

As reluctant to the idea Tomo might be, it did stir him enough to give a single nod at the Moto's performance. "Okay, this guy can go. Maybe we need more guys like him around, what's his name again?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:34 pm 
"Moto RUhe" Nishida answered his clansmate.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:31 pm 

He gave a few slow nods in appreciation and looked over to the bartender who was serving a round of customers. "Give the the performers a few drinks, on the house."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:58 pm 
Ruhe would carry the musical entertainment for the patrons with his impression on a piece of Black Desert and then the Addicts, and then he'd step down from his spot to grab a drink.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:27 am 

Tomo was perhaps about to head into the back to do some counting until the Moto approached and he gave him a curt nod in greeting, lingering out longer for a moment. "That was pretty good playing, Moto-san. Kind of impressive to grace us with your talents, actually."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:01 am 
"Glad you liked it, Yasuki-sama. Ever grand to meet someone who's appreciative of my music." Ruhe returned the bow and offered his hand for a hand shake. Taken or not, he then looked around. "Nice place you have here, has a feel I enjoy."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:45 am 

He shrugged the compliment and shook his hand after a delay. "It ain't exactly much but a foothold in a settlement owned by another Clan is probably worth 5 business back at home. The hard part is actually seeing the return from it but it's a place, heh. The boys here seem to think that you're the recipe to make that happen. You're pretty good, I'll admit."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next