It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: A field of stars (Day 5 Early Night, Expecting)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:54 am 
"Do I seem that wily to you?" He asked an amused smile on his lips as he opened his canned coffee and took a seat, leaving a proper amount of distance between the two of them. "Truthfully I'd be drinking myself, but I'm driving."

"On that we agree though, but then I'm allergic to cats... So attempts to pet them have always ended in didaster."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:50 am 
Ishiyo takes another sip, "How responsible of you Tsuruchi-san." She grins, "A pity on the allergy. Dogs are betteh as I said, but I like cats too."

"So do you have a dog then?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:14 am 
"A bit strange for Mantis huh?" He replied with a soft chuckle. "Being as i should be reckless, and i won't deny you could likely charm me into a beer or two. You'd have to put the effort into it though."

"I like cats as well, which is the depressing part. We do have a dog though, well my family does. Military bases aren't really the place for keeping animals though." He smirked. "My little sisters did decide I missed our dog once though and sent me a plush one."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:16 am 
"I would prefeh a sobeh driver," Ishiyo tipped the beer and smirked, then took another sip. "So I am afraid the charming is out."

"Much the same on a carrieh, no room for many animals." She sighs, then her smile returns, "I love The Amazing Adventures of Space Hero Pilot Captain Inu Shikoku-ken, Courageous Warriohs of the Stahs! and when I was a little girl fatheh bought me a plushie of Inu-tai. I actually brought him with me, well here to Asakaze. Currently he is on my bed with two otori plushies."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 am 
He sighed wistfully, a playful smile on his lips. "I suppose i'll have to be content with being charmed in but one way, not two."

"I don't think I've ever watched that one." He was pretty sure he would of remembered a name that long. "Still I wonder, did that show somehow influence your choice in becoming a pilot?" He sipped his coffee and watched the crane woman for a few moments. "And two otori plushies? You must have been quite the winner at the game night."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 am 
Ishiyo took another sip, "Nope on both counts. I started watching Inu-tai after I had already decided to be a pilot, it was more feeding the obsession."

Another sip, "And I did not win a single ticket," She chuckled, "Both of them were gifts."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 am 
"I see, perhaps I'll have to see if I can find a few episodes to watch, it seems it must be quite good at the very least."

At her second admission he couldn't help but chuckle. "A victory of another kind then?" Hayato offered with a smirk. "Though i think thats a one of the reasons I gave my tickets away to some of the local children."

"It's difficult enough to figure out a date thats not just another dinner, without worrying about giving someone a gift they already received. Though I suppose it's really the intention that matters."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:59 am 
"It is the best show eveh. I have some with me, the Phoenix are not running any though."

Ishiyo shrugs, "One was not so much of a surprise, the otheh more so...but I guess that is one way of looking at it."

She laughs at his own use of the tickets, "Ratheh sweet of you, and yeah it guarantees you win some points with a few potential spouses at least."

"Mmm well yes I agree the intention mattehs, but I do not wish to drag several plushies back home. Even if they are cute."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:07 am 
"So you're saying I'd have to borrow them from you if I want to watch them." He asked an amused smile on his ljps as he looked in her direction.

He shook his head, running a hand through his hair, perhaps a bit embarrassed. "Well, I didn't really do it to win any points with spouses. I just didn't have much use for em and figured the kids would like them."

At the last part he nodded. "Mot a whole lot of space on a carrier."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:18 am 
"I mean...they are destined for my room in fatheh's estate or my spouse's home." Ishiyo shrugged and took another sip, "Inu-tai already takes my spot foh such things and it would take something really special to dethrone him."

"Still any person with a heart would find it a touching gesture," She smiled, "So you get points regardless of motive."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 pm 
"Understandable it seems like he has been by your side for quite a long time." Since she was a girl from what she said, though he had to wonder when exactly.

Hayato snorted, repressing a laugh. "I suppose i have no choice but to accept then." Letting his eyes drift to the sky, he smirked. "I really should take up astrology as a hobby."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:57 pm 
"Oh?" Ishiyo finished her beer and laid back, "Hoping to divine you-eh future from the stahs? I think I would prefeh the surprise myself."

"I should have checked the star charts...maybe I have fought around one of those distant stahs." She looks up, "Or maybe one of them is Doji's Blessing, or Kakita Prime."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 pm 
"Closer to the second honestly." Hayato replied as he followed the Crane's lead and lay back, one arm behind his head."

"Between home, school and where I've been stationed I've been on five worlds. I'd like to... I don't know, point out where they are? Or at least be able to pick out something familar?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:37 pm 
"So what were you-eh formal duties? As a Rangeh in the Mantis armies?" She put both her hands behind her head to relax. "I guess a lot of wandering in woods and shooting at things." Ishiyo stuck her tongue out, "I prefer the comforts of a starship bunk myself."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 pm 
Hayato should probably correct her, saying he was shooting people, but that would likely ruin the mood. "You ship girls get all the comforts don't you." Picking up his jacket from his side, he tossed it at her, though given their positions and the angle it probably wasn't very accurate

"But yeah, a lot of that. Patrolling the wilderness and confronting any threats we might find. I'm one of the squads marksman, so a lot of my time was spent being overwatch. Living out in the open for weeks at a time can be a bit tough sometimes, but I guess you get a bit of respect for the wild places and their dangers."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:57 pm 
Ishiyo caught the jacket and, with an unnecessary bit of flourish, dropped it on herself like a blanket, "I have always felt you ground poundehs were crazy." She chuckled, "There are otheh risks of course. My bed and climate controlled room is in the middle of a metal can in space. If something goes wrong there is no disappearing into the woods and taking my chances on surviving until rescue."

"Do you like it? The wandering in the wilderness I mean. In the times you are not fighting."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:08 pm 
Hayato chuckled, shaking hsi head at the Crane's antics. "I suppose we are a bit, or at least it looks that way. We tend to go through a lot fo things with a work hard, play hard kind of attitude?" His lips curled into a wry smile, he certainly didn't envy her life in a metal tube if something went wrong.

"But yeah, I do. Alot of the times it's pretty uncomfortable, you're hot or cold, or maybe you're soaked to the bone. It has it's moments though. Times like this for exxample. Or maybe watching a forest come to life as the first rays of predawn light start to hit it just right. It's nice."

He glanced her way an offered a smile. "Course I usually only have a bunch of smelly squadmates to share that kind of thing with. So it's not like it's perfect or anything."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:23 pm 
Ishiyo stuck out her tongue, "Imagine smelly squadmates only its a whole ship full and the climate control filtehs are down for maintenance." She turned to look back at him. "I hope I am betteh company then either of those scenarios." Her lips curled into a smile.

"Forest at predawn? Enjoying the first of the local stah's light to pass through the canopy." She turns back to look up at the sky again, "That would be beautiful...depending on the forest of course."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 pm 
"That sounds, particularly awful." Hayato offered with a chuckle. "But yes, you're much better company." He sniffed the air experimentally. "Not a hint of b.o. either."

"Depending on the forest." He agreed, his own eyes drifting back towards the sky. "I'm not sure how it will look in a mushroom forest, I suppose i should give it a look though."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 pm 
"Just be careful of the wildlife." Ishiyo scrunched up her nose, "I saw a large multi-legged bug out there. At least nine foot long and with nasty mandibles."

She looked back at the Mantis, "Oh...well I do try to bathe daily Tsuruchi-san. And I am not the type who showehs herself in perfumes. Well...at least not willingly."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next