It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: A field of stars (Day 5 Early Night, Expecting)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:15 pm 
"I will, maybe I'll bring along a few others though, just in case." If he even went in the first place.

"I can't blame you there" He replied with a soft chuckle, glancing her way and offering a smile. "I'm not really one to wear cologne either. A touch or two if I have reason, but that's all."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm 
"I remember some parties were a few guests were just covered in the stuff. Practically choked you to stand neah them." She laughed, "But they were too important to just causally ignore. So you just had to endure."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 pm 
Hayato laughed at that, shaking his head. "Ive been there before, made you wonder how they managed to make it through the night. I mean just getting close to them sometimes it was a struggle not to sneeze."

He shifted to his side, and reached into the cooler for another drink. "Want anything?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:36 pm 
Ishiyo sat back up, "Oh? I would not have taken a ground poundeh foh a socialite." She grinned and held her knees, "Anotheh beeh if you would be so kind."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:46 pm 
"Mostly from when I was younger, attending events with my parents. Though I did get some invitations too when I was at school." He reached in and fished out a beer and handed it to Ishiyo.

"Nothing in recent years though, which is kind of a relief? He ean his hand through his hair. "Never thought things like that really suited me."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:58 pm 
"Oh?" Ishiyo opened the beer and took a sip, "I neveh liked them myself, but I have had to attend several. Fatheh had a few social events. My coming of age birthday party. New partnerships with Pa-Pa's company. A political function with motheh. Long boring and I could not drink in any of them."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 am 
"Yeah." He offered the Daidoji a playful wink. "I'm pretty pretty disheveled most days, though i clean up pretty well. Plus I've never really been good at much other then shooting things."

He chuckled. "That last part makes them sound truly dreadful, i suppose it would give the wrong impression though. Especially if ya got a little tipsy."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:26 am 
"Well I was a child..." Ishiyo shrugged, "Now, I probably would though not enough to embarrass the family." She smiled and took a sip. "My coming of age party was the worse. I was trotted out foh all the worthies too size up before I got bundled off to flight school."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:41 am 
"Sounds like all of this in a way." Hayato replied with a wry smile. "Though I'd wager I like this better. I mean at least I can take pride in my accomplishments a little."

"Not just feel like im showing off for my potential spouse."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 am 
Ishiyo sighed and took a long drink, "Well foh me...I still have nothing but my family lineage to show my value." Another drink, "And as always it seems enough." She frowned and looked at a patch of grass.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:07 am 
He snorted at that. "You're selling yourself short Daidoji-sama. You may not have of placed so far, but its not like you've embarrassed yourself either. "

"Though i suppose that's not exactly your worry." He looked her way and offered a sift smile. "It must be hard thinking everyone is talking to you for what you are not who you are."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:04 am 
Ishiyo takes another drink, "It is what it is, I have lived my life having to wondering the motives of those around me."

"And I have tried my best, but often that is insufficient." She shrugs. "Nothing for it though but to keep trying."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 am 
He nodded opening the can of tea he had fished out of the cooler and opening it up. "I won't lie and say what you are isn't one of the reasons I approached you. A marriage to you would please both my clan as well as my father. After reading that little survey he were given though I think I learned enough between that and our first conversation to find you actually intresting. You seem to have a side to you that's rather adorable, if you don't mind me saying. But counter to that you are a fighter pilot with six kills, an impressive feat by my counting. IT doesn't hurt matters that I also think you're fairly funny, and probably just a bit charming."

He tipped his can back and took a sip. "That might have been a little long winded, but I figured it best to put it out there. As for that other thing, having to keep trying. That goes for me as well, I wasn't nearly satisfied with my own preformance today. If you're ever feeling down about it though, drinks are on me if ya want em. I'll even try and avoid flirting with you while we're having them."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 pm 
Ishiyo smiled more wearily, "I guess one can never escape theih lineage." Another sip, "But I am just happy if people look beyond that at me. My family and history gives people an impression of what I am supposed to be, not necessarily who I am."

She took another sip and her expression softened, then a blush came, "Oh...yeah the survey. I thought the Asako would have sanitized that a bit. If I knew it was published as is, I probably would not have included the little pictures."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:40 pm 
"They were cute." He replied with a soft chuckle. "And as far as I can see part of who you are wan-wan." He rsn his hand through his hair a wry smile on his lips. "Though seeing my own typos, I think i'd have like it if he sanitized it a little myself "

A smile remained of his lips, though he couldn't help but feel a bit discouraged. Still after the third of fourth attempt it was likely not wise to press the topic again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:28 pm 
Ishiyo finishes her beer and lays back down, her cheeks still red, "So what do you think of all this? The miai in general I mean...having a say in you-eh marriage. In all the events. In the other candidates." She looks to the side, "Which I suppose would include me, though you have already said some of you-eh thoughts there."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 pm 
The old reliable question was it? "I should probably ask if you wish for the whole of my opinion, or just the canned answer I give everyone." He returned, setting aside his can of unfinished tea and lying back down on the tarp.

"The miai itself i don't mind, it's fun after a fashion, especially when you take into accounts the events. I'm not an expert in all of them, but its been interesting to try new things." For the most part. "As for the other contestants, it's a mixed bag. Some I respect, others I'd say I find them lacking."

"To be precise, i'd say I've marked off more candidates for marriage then anything though."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 pm 
Ishiyo turned back to him, "That is always the way it goes no? Finding what a candidate if hardeh then just getting rid of possible candidates." Her smile came back, "And if I wanted canned response I would not botheh asking. I want you-eh real opinion if you are willing to give it."

"Do not mind being shown off like a prized warhorse?" Ishiyo teased, "I mean on some level that is what this is no?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm 
He glanced her way a wry smile making it's way onto his lips. "Then I should likely add that believe for the most part that I believe our ability to pick is something of an illusion. The amount of people i should choose is at best a quarter of those present. Add in the fact that I'd like the chance at a harmonious match and it likely less then a handful" His eyes were on the stars. "I also somewhat worry about breaking the heart of whoever I pick."

Her last comment caused him to chuckle. "It really is, though i don't think my status as a warehouse really draws all that much attention. So trying to show off is all I really got." He glanced her way his own tone teasing. "The competition is quite fierce after all."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm 
Ishiyo pulls his jacket up to her neck and looked back up, "I...do not believe there will be an ending where someone's heart is not broken. Duty is a heavy burden and Benten's Blessings are never as cleah as we often pretend. I think...with most one can make something of a pairing if they are both willing to work foh it. All the stories are about young lovehs whom Benten favohs from the start...but most I know only earned heh favoh afteh yeahs of work and patience."

"Betteh a proven warhorse then an oveh breed show pony at least."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next